OMG MGR is amazing!

#11dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 7:07:46 PM
Doom_J posted...
-Side note, tuesdays my birthday.

Ppfffft I feel sorry for your bro.
Everyones gonna be playing MGR instead of going to your birthday party!

happy early birthday, mate!
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#12dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 7:08:43 PM
blazin640 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
You mean Menu Gear Rising?

You must be talking about the title screen. Not the main menu. The main menu is ok.

RRAAAGHH METAL GEAR!!!!
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#13Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:20:13 PM
dadkwashere posted...
Doom_J posted...
-Side note, tuesdays my birthday.

Ppfffft I feel sorry for your bro.
Everyones gonna be playing MGR instead of going to your birthday party!

happy early birthday, mate!

lol thanks man.
#14ConradimusPrimePosted 2/16/2013 7:45:30 PM
Is it any better than the demo? Once I played the demo my hype level dropped through the floor. It was incredibly shallow, boring and easy

-mash square
-enemy is about to attack
-point the stick at them
-continue to mash square
-flawless victory

I wanted to like the game but I can find few qualities in it that I consider redeeming other than the animation and graphics
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#15IcyFlamez96Posted 2/16/2013 7:58:26 PM
blazin640 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
You mean Menu Gear Rising?

You must be talking about the title screen. Not the main menu. The main menu is ok.

Yeah the title screen sick.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#16Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:01:16 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
Is it any better than the demo? Once I played the demo my hype level dropped through the floor. It was incredibly shallow, boring and easy

-mash square
-enemy is about to attack
-point the stick at them
-continue to mash square
-flawless victory

I wanted to like the game but I can find few qualities in it that I consider redeeming other than the animation and graphics

Well i'm playing it on hard, but yea, your not gonna get far doing that. The timing seems stricter and you aren't fightning the simple minions and baby geckos the whole time, but I wouldnt say doing combos is old devil may cry hard. They are incredibly stylish if you know what you are doing, however, and it lets YOU figure out the combos for the most part, instead of for instance, telling you how to do a certain move. It definately has more depth to it than DmC, that's for sure.

I don't want to give to much away, but there are also times when you should definately be using stealth instead of fighting, becasue some of the enemies are trouble (especially in groups). There's plenty more depth than whats in the demo, from what I've seen so far.
#17scorpionpwnsallPosted 2/16/2013 8:47:11 PM
I kinda wish the Jack the Ripper persona was in all stars though it might be similar to Kratos' God mode super.
---
Official Selvaria Bles of the PSASBR Board
Official Yu "Broswagonist" Narukami of the PSASBR Board
#18Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:03:41 PM
scorpionpwnsall posted...
I kinda wish the Jack the Ripper persona was in all stars though it might be similar to Kratos' God mode super.

Yea me 2. He's really a thin version of himself, but so's everyone else.
#19IcyFlamez96Posted 2/16/2013 9:04:56 PM
I'm getting into the MGS series because I want to play MGR because of the epic Title Screen.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#20Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:41:26 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I'm getting into the MGS series because I want to play MGR because of the epic Title Screen.

Lol come for the title screen, stay for arguably the best VG series (at least story wise, imo).

Btw, If you wanna see some of the best the series has to offer, I recommend MGS 3: snake eater first. It's really a prequel to mgs, so it shouldn't ruin anything for you, and it'll give you a richer understanding of the complete story (If you can follow it all, because truth is, there is a lot to grasp. Hideo Kojima is really into details).