OMG MGR is amazing!

#21dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 10:55:08 PM
Doom_J posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I'm getting into the MGS series because I want to play MGR because of the epic Title Screen.

Lol come for the title screen, stay for arguably the best VG series (at least story wise, imo).

Btw, If you wanna see some of the best the series has to offer, I recommend MGS 3: snake eater first. It's really a prequel to mgs, so it shouldn't ruin anything for you, and it'll give you a richer understanding of the complete story (If you can follow it all, because truth is, there is a lot to grasp. Hideo Kojima is really into details).

MGS 3 is my favorite game. Icy, do what he says otherwise ill really believe you're crashbfan's alt.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#22IcyFlamez96Posted 2/16/2013 10:59:31 PM
Well I was planning on just going in order.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#23dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 11:02:06 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Nothing wrong with that. Playing chronologically from either release or story wont hurt the epicness that is metal gear.
---
#24blazin640Posted 2/16/2013 11:07:51 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 was great but 1 was the best imo. Of course 3 was more emotional and had a great sound track.

THE last boss battle was just, awe inspiring. Video ganesh need to learn from that. And I'm not talking about Volgan.

2 was meh till the end. My friend loves Call of Duty but he actually enjoyed watching that ending. My brain was dead. I didn't expect it.

4 was great throughout, but I wouldn't say it was better than 1 or 3.
---
There goes my free time
#25Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:12:08 PM
dadkwashere posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Nothing wrong with that. Playing chronologically from either release or story wont hurt the epicness that is metal gear.

Yup, either way Icy. Imo (and I believe most's) the order of best to worst of the series is Mgs 3 1st, with Mgs 4 being a pretty close second, also followed closely by then Mgs 1, and finally mgs 2 (alot of people didn't care as much at all for this one. I've actually never completed it, but I'll say this: Don't let it ruin Raiden for you).
#26dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 11:16:17 PM(edited)
But 2 has a fatman on roller blades drinking wine and a gay vampire dude thing whose lover was a black marine.
Then the gay vampire dude takes care of his lovers daughter. And lets not forget a russian chick with hairy armpits.
---
#27Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:25:51 PM
Also, with MGR don't expect what you'll get with the original MGS series. It's amazing in it's own right, but it's not comparable to the others as it dosen't play like them too much (as you've probably gathered), and Hideo Kojima wasn't the director, he actually let his dev team to most of the work. From what I've seen, the stories pretty good, but I'll withhold any judgements story wise till I've beaten it.
#28ConradimusPrimePosted 2/16/2013 11:27:30 PM
You'll have to define "depth" before you say it has more of it than DmC.
Between the demos, DmC had a far superior demo. It gave you tools and reasons to use them. In dmc I use everything in my arsenal. I loved the full game just as much as I loved dmc3 (and more than the rest of the series)

Even though mgr demo had numerous different pause combos and stuff, they all felt the same. None was any better than the other for anything. It was all animation. Only move that was objectively better than others was sliding triangle and counter

Strict timing or not, due to a lack of dodge commands the whole game is about tapping a universal counter (even to large attacks) and there isn't much more to it than that (again, based on the demo). That to me is the true definition of shallow game design
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#29Doom_J(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:28:03 PM
dadkwashere posted...
But 2 has a fatman on roller blades drinking wine and a gay vampire dude thing whose lover was a black marine.
Then the gay vampire dude takes care of his lovers daughter. And lets not forget a russian chick with hairy armpits.

SHHH! You'll ruin it.
#30IcyFlamez96Posted 2/16/2013 11:35:36 PM
Wait, the other MGS games aren't hack n' slash?

Pre order canceled.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K