The Drake Barrel Topic

#1jellybeanmasterPosted 2/16/2013 10:41:43 PM
This topic is to discuss solutions to drake and that damn barrel. Jumping over it only does so much. Hes still free to do whatever afterwards and u still have to be on the defensive. So tell us your char and how you deal with DK barrel spam. So we can take him down a peg

I for one play Heihachi and i really cant think of a way to get a good punish on drake. The counter doesnt work on the barrel and neither does vSquare. I find that my best bet is to either jump away and try to approach again or block the barrel, block the AK gunbutt and punish with a throw.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#2ShorydoukenPosted 2/16/2013 10:44:01 PM
Block.

People don't seem to understand this term.
---
Trolling is the Humor/Anger of the internet. Without it, we would not have balance. Or something like that... Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy
PSN:Luigifan20
#3Grizzle1981Posted 2/16/2013 10:49:04 PM
Block and anyone with a gun can shoot the barrel from a distance.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#4BirdPwNz100Posted 2/16/2013 10:51:06 PM
I facepalm every time I see somebody use Drake. :3
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#5jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:56:48 PM
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

Yea we get that but tht duz nothing but slow his ap gain. He still has the advantage if uve been forced to block it. We need better answers
---
#6ShorydoukenPosted 2/16/2013 10:57:22 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

Yea we get that but tht duz nothing but slow his ap gain. He still has the advantage if uve been forced to block it. We need better answers

Block, punish.
---
Trolling is the Humor/Anger of the internet. Without it, we would not have balance. Or something like that... Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy
PSN:Luigifan20
#7diabolicalPosted 2/16/2013 10:58:45 PM
Fight barrel with barrel
#8PielordXPosted 2/16/2013 11:00:34 PM
Did you try jumping then pressing forward circle so you'll go completely past the barrel? Even if you don't get a good chance to punish him when you do, after a while he might try something new and forget that he sucks.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Voted official Jak of PSASBR boards
#9jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:01:59 PM
Shorydouken posted...
jellybeanmaster posted...
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

Block, punish.

U realize hes free after a barrel and can AK retreat and ur back at square one. If he duz the gunbutt u can punish but thats it. Who exactly do u play that can punish the barrel kick?
---
#10jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:03:47 PM
PielordX posted...
Did you try jumping then pressing forward circle so you'll go completely past the barrel? Even if you don't get a good chance to punish him when you do, after a while he might try something new and forget that he sucks.

Yea but thats only if the barrel kick is done on the ground. Which duznt really happen nemore
---