The Drake Barrel Topic

#11Father_Time89Posted 2/16/2013 11:03:59 PM
BirdPwNz100 posted...
I facepalm every time I see somebody use Drake. :3

I use Drake sometimes. There's more to him than barrel spamming.
#12PielordXPosted 2/16/2013 11:06:03 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
PielordX posted...
Did you try jumping then pressing forward circle so you'll go completely past the barrel? Even if you don't get a good chance to punish him when you do, after a while he might try something new and forget that he sucks.

Yea but thats only if the barrel kick is done on the ground. Which duznt really happen nemore

If he's in the air, you should almost always go in the air with him.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Voted official Jak of PSASBR boards
#13jellybeanmaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:15:06 PM
Father_Time89 posted...
BirdPwNz100 posted...
I facepalm every time I see somebody use Drake. :3

I use Drake sometimes. There's more to him than barrel spamming.

Of course. Hes the best char for.a reason. But its what hes known for
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#14DireProphecyPosted 2/16/2013 11:22:30 PM
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

People don't seem to understand this term.

I'm sorry but this is stupid advice. Do you expect Drake to do something punishable after you block his barrel?
#15Heroicmedic92Posted 2/16/2013 11:23:54 PM
DireProphecy posted...
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

I'm sorry but this is stupid advice. Do you expect Drake to do something punishable after you block his barrel?

lol this.

Maybe you dont understand?
---
PSN: Heroicmoises
999 Parappa, 999 Fat princess.999 Sly. Moving on to another character.
#16gameghy555Posted 2/16/2013 11:39:23 PM
Shorydouken posted...
Block.

Bad advice. Once you start playing high ranked players, you come across skilled players, glitchers, cheaters, laggers, spammers, abusers, etc. Since they're all in one big pile, it's hard to separate them, but one thing is certain: Drake users at this point do not let you punish after blocking their barrels. Drake is free to move after he launches his barrel.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#17ACnemesisPosted 2/16/2013 11:50:12 PM
Have you ever tried using toro against him? Dont let him hit you with his barrel at all. Easier done than said. Literally...
#18DireProphecyPosted 2/16/2013 11:59:37 PM
ACnemesis posted...
Have you ever tried using toro against him? Dont let him hit you with his barrel at all. Easier done than said. Literally...

In my experience Toro has good tools to deal with Drake. Throwing stars beat out barrel. His small hitbox helps him get in on Drake (or get away from him if you'd rather camp).
#19DavidgraymanPosted 2/17/2013 12:00:38 AM
Honestly between online lag (rolling is risky cause sometime you get hit even if you definitely dodge out) and how safe his barrels are there is no easy answer to this question. If you a character that can come at an angle or can get on the platform above Drake that your best bet. Else wise, you best bet is to jump and block...sorry
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#20blazin640Posted 2/17/2013 12:09:05 AM
Honestly you block or jump over the barrel. Once you block it, he has a long enough cooldown where he cant keep spamming it. Most Drake players will AK right after, but if you keep blocking, then he is wide open.

Drake is probably one of the most punishable characters next to dante. Dodge one of his moves and he is EXTREMELY open.
---
There goes my free time