Attn: Sir Dan players. I need help

#1Kratos_Is_BaldPosted 2/17/2013 6:13:03 AM
I've been playing a lot of Sir Dan lately. Reached 441 points just playing him online.

I feel like he's got some of the best normals and specials in the game. I get get to Level 3 just by using air d+square, air d+circle (flame carpet), and the boomerang. The boomerang in particular is amazing for starting combos.

However, ironically, he's got the worst supers in the game imo. What use are amazing special moves when you can't kill anyone with the AP you build up.

Level 1 - Possibly the hardest to hit level 1 in the game. No guaranteed hit confirm or reset. The only time I get kills using this is if I'm below them on a platform, or if my partner has them in a combo. I also use the up+triangle arrow stun -> level 1 reset sometimes but nowadays people don't air recover.

Level 2 - This is the one that made me make this thread. For the first 2-3 days, I was really happy with his Level 2, but now I'm just saddened by how easy it is to avoid. The individual orbs that track the opponent are easy enough to avoid (heck they don't even pass through platforms on some stages), but even if the opponent is above you on a platform, they can still roll through to avoid it.

Level 3 - The only super that gets me any kills. Unfortunately, it seems like the opponent can reset the death counter by rolling inside the circle. So if you need the opponent to stay inside the circle for 3 seconds, they can just roll to reset the counter to 3 seconds, rinse repeat.

Is Sir Dan really this bad or am I not doing something right? I might be making mistakes as I'm new. Give me some super setups if Dan has any. I feel like I'm staying alive and building AP a lot better than my former character (Heihachi) but I'm also getting less kills.
#2habbox77Posted 2/17/2013 6:15:03 AM
oh so your one of those spammers eh.

you people make this game so fun :D
---
IGN: Tenabrus
On rent: Stymph Bird, Iron Maiden; Feb 11 - Feb 17 -Tsuruya
#3Kratos_Is_Bald(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:17:26 AM
habbox77 posted...
oh so your one of those spammers eh.

you people make this game so fun :D

Spamming? With Sir Dan?
Okay bro. Get better.
#4LluaZargPosted 2/17/2013 6:55:43 AM(edited)
I'm not a Sir Dan main, but I use him on the side a bit, so I'll say a few things.

- I assume you know you can aim the level 1 straight upwards or behind you?
-His level 2 has a hitconfirm. It's square,square, up square, up square, step forward, level 2
- You can hit opponents after firing your level 2 to allow the orbs to hit them. (For some reason people tend to forget that)
-When the opponent techs down in order to escape the arrow set up, you can fire the super raw on tall characters to still kill them. You can also grab them as they land right in front of you.

EDIT: and just look at these topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65220390
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65237909

---
PSN: Lluazarg
#5DB-RBPosted 2/17/2013 6:57:33 AM
hello fellow sir san user. i am the sir dan user you are looking for.

For Sir Dan's level 1, there is one hit confirm. Unfortunately it only works on tall characters. Instead of using freeze arrow, when you use your up square do a level 1 right away. If any tall character down techs, they will still get hit by it. Short characters like Parappa and Toro while be just under it to avoid the super.

If you are next to a wall, it will work on ANY opponent. The wall prevents them from down teching or even air dodging correctly, and it will hit.

If you use his level 2, do an up throw. That's it. Or you can wait for your opponent to jump above you to do it.

For his level 3, Make sure you do it when someone is in the air. By the time they get to the ground, they die. Rolling will only delay the inevitable by a second, and you have around 15 seconds of using your level 3.
---
The official Drake, Toro, Emmett, and Sir Dan of the PSASBR boards.
#6GreenMeanPosted 2/17/2013 7:33:25 AM
LluaZarg posted...
-His level 2 has a hitconfirm. It's square,square, up square, up square, step forward, level 2
playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65237909

My Dan is over lvl 700 and I still can't do this combo. :P Is there any secret to how to execute this one or am I just THAT bad at this game?

To get around my problem I usually try to jump up and air up square them at the end to make them fly in to a wall and bounce into my lvl 2 instead. Not a true combo but I get kills this way.

DB-RB posted...

For Sir Dan's level 1, there is one hit confirm. Unfortunately it only works on tall characters. Instead of using freeze arrow, when you use your up square do a level 1 right away. If any tall character down techs, they will still get hit by it. Short characters like Parappa and Toro while be just under it to avoid the super.

If you use his level 2, do an up throw. That's it. Or you can wait for your opponent to jump above you to do it.

I can't get that lvl 1 trick to work either. People just roll directly when hitting the ground to escape. Am I to slow or something?

To get around that problem I have started air down square people, then land and quickly hop and air forward square, land again, step forward and lvl 1 in their face as they get up. Seems to be a true combo.

Again. Can't get up throw to connect with a lvl 2 either! it's not even close. The recovery after the throw prevents me from doing anything before they come back down and gets a chance to tech.

Are you guys sure all these thing are supposed to work? :P Throw into super would be SUPER useful.
---
PSN: PlanktonPutte
#7DB-RBPosted 2/17/2013 7:47:39 AM
be as good as me.
---
The official Drake, Toro, Emmett, and Sir Dan of the PSASBR boards.
#8LluaZargPosted 2/17/2013 7:57:08 AM(edited)
GreenMean posted...
LluaZarg posted...
playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65237909

My Dan is over lvl 700 and I still can't do this combo. :P Is there any secret to how to execute this one or am I just THAT bad at this game?

Ummm not that I know of? The timing for the second up square is more difficult than most combos (in this game), but still... you should be able to do it. Make sure you use it at the exact moment he finishes his first up square and do not wait for him to return to his normal position.

And not related to your question, here are some situational and impractical hitconfirms:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Kill-Combos-amp-Confirms-Now-With-Kat-amp-Emmett/m-p/38905371#U38905371
---
PSN: Lluazarg
#9LluaZargPosted 2/17/2013 7:56:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10KindertotenwaldPosted 2/17/2013 7:57:54 AM(edited)
"To get around that problem I have started air down square people, then land and quickly hop and air forward square, land again, step forward and lvl 1 in their face as they get up. Seems to be a true combo."

It isn't a true combo.

a.D1, a.F1 is a true combo but they go into knockdown after a.F1.

For you to be able to go on with the rest means you are doing it too slow (and they will be able to tech out)
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance