What happened to that CTF mode?

#1TheOmegaShenPosted 2/17/2013 3:50:14 PM
I remember hearing that it was a planned multi-player mode, but its not in the final game. Did SB ever explain what happened to it?
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
Looking foward to MGR:R and Darkstalkers Resurrection
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 2/17/2013 3:52:09 PM
Iirc, it never was a mode. The game was just a originally a CTF style game, and some files were left over making people think it was a mode, or something like that.

That what I think I remember hearing, but not sure.
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#3TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:57:05 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Iirc, it never was a mode. The game was just a originally a CTF style game, and some files were left over making people think it was a mode, or something like that.

Interesting...

Even if it was never actually a mode, it sounded interesting. Definitely would have added a bit more variety to online.
---
Ruin is the Salvation of Man and Machine
Looking foward to MGR:R and Darkstalkers Resurrection
#4DeeNinjaaPosted 2/17/2013 4:40:30 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...

Interesting...

Even if it was never actually a mode, it sounded interesting. Definitely would have added a bit more variety to online.

Sounds like something like, collect the flag from a starting point, then try to hold onto it. You gain more points the longer you keep the flag. Hitting someone with a super makes them drop the flag. Game's over after time runs out/point limit is reached.