To those who play Quick Match...

#1KtimleckPosted 2/17/2013 6:32:49 PM
...and rage-quit, I have one question.

Why?

You aren't losing anything. There's nothing at stake; no belt point loss, no leaderboard dropping, nada. Hell, finishing the match still gives you points. All you're doing is being a poor sport. If you don't want to go into a game and lose (or finish it), don't join a game. You're not always gonna win. It's easy to tell who rage-quits and who disconnects due to the game and other issues, so just be a good sport about it and let yourself and everyone else enjoy the game without you dropping the connection.

/rant
---
PSN ID: Dorito_2
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/17/2013 6:35:51 PM
lol they won't listen
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#3NDgamer1122Posted 2/17/2013 6:37:47 PM
I quit before the match ended. I must be better than them!
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#4RagnoraokPosted 2/17/2013 6:43:00 PM
all we have in life are our own pride. Some choose to protect their pride by running away, and some do it by complaining but taking it in stride(like myself). Do what I do when ppl rage quit in ANY game...During the lobby, pay close attention to their screenname. When they ragequit, send them a taunting nasty message.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#5LightEcoSagePosted 2/17/2013 6:46:52 PM
Ktimleck posted...

Why?

You aren't losing anything. There's nothing at stake; no belt point loss, no leaderboard dropping, nada. Hell, finishing the match still gives you points. All you're doing is being a poor sport. If you don't want to go into a game and lose (or finish it), don't join a game. You're not always gonna win. It's easy to tell who rage-quits and who disconnects due to the game and other issues, so just be a good sport about it and let yourself and everyone else enjoy the game without you dropping the connection.

/rant

Yes its honestly sad, very sad. It corrupts the replay value of the online experience along, the competitiveness and fun.

The moment where you turned the tides of the game and worked very hard to catch up, but someone couldn't take it and decided to RQ is the worst. SO many high leveled black belts ive faced RQ because we managed to get more kills then them towards the end.

:(

This online experience obviously needs some sort of punishing system like Uncharted 3 has where you lose some ranked points and there's a limited time out system when you quit.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#6diabolicalPosted 2/17/2013 6:52:38 PM
It's even worse when they quit when the match is almost over.
#7DHG_SweepPosted 2/17/2013 7:16:29 PM
Ktimleck posted...

Why?

/rant

Err. Well I've got a pretty busy life so I play in small increments when I have the chance. So if I lost and quit, its because I want to okay as much as possible in the short amount of time I have. Also if something comes up I just quit because its better than leaving my partner with an ap sponge. Sometimes life happens. You shouldn't always assume its because of rage.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#8Aldaris87Posted 2/17/2013 7:26:18 PM
Some people take losing in a video game so seriously even though they most likely have nothing to lose or gain in said endeavour.
---
"One can only match move by move the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars." - Kain
PSN: DarkEmperor99
#9DDRPimp123Posted 2/17/2013 7:28:34 PM
DHG_Sweep posted...
Ktimleck posted...

Why?

/rant

Err. Well I've got a pretty busy life so I play in small increments when I have the chance. So if I lost and quit, its because I want to okay as much as possible in the short amount of time I have. Also if something comes up I just quit because its better than leaving my partner with an ap sponge. Sometimes life happens. You shouldn't always assume its because of rage.

Well I tell it to u like this don't play if u are just going to quit for ANY Reason.
---
Gamer Tag (Angel Devil 69) Xbox live
Angel-Devil69 and PSN
#10LaKizzle23Posted 2/17/2013 7:33:06 PM
Its simple really: A lot of people don't have fun losing.

If you're getting dominated horribly or are about to lose, you can just quit and look for another match where you could be having fun. It doesn't help that the whole "quitting then finding a new match" process takes less time than actually viewing the match result screen.

Just quit, push x twice, start and you're on your way to the next match.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (the best ever) , Good Cole (starting to suck with him...)