To those who play Quick Match...

#21robulastagePosted 2/18/2013 1:42:51 AM
I sometimes quit if the opponent keeps spamming the same move unsuccessfully.

Spamming makes the match easy, predictable, and boring. "Oh, go ahead, Radec. I'm sure that sniper rifle is going to work this time. You know, just like it has tooootally worked all the other times I dodged it."

"Keep spamming your forward triangle, Jak and Ratchet. I'll fall for it this time!"
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#22habbox77Posted 2/18/2013 1:54:15 AM
robulastage posted...
I sometimes quit if the opponent keeps spamming the same move unsuccessfully.

Spamming makes the match easy, predictable, and boring. "Oh, go ahead, Radec. I'm sure that sniper rifle is going to work this time. You know, just like it has tooootally worked all the other times I dodged it."

"Keep spamming your forward triangle, Jak and Ratchet. I'll fall for it this time!"

I was actually in a 2v2 match today where it ended up being me and Radec 1 on 1 in the end and I think I spent about 3 minutes playing jump rope with him spamming the sniper rifle before deciding to stop playing games and use the lvl 3 super I had mercifully been saving for a while
---
IGN: Tenabrus
On rent: Stymph Bird, Iron Maiden; Feb 11 - Feb 17 -Tsuruya
#23SavageTrooperPosted 2/18/2013 2:40:10 AM
DDRPimp123 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
Its simple really: A lot of people don't have fun losing.

If you're getting dominated horribly or are about to lose, you can just quit and look for another match where you could be having fun. It doesn't help that the whole "quitting then finding a new match" process takes less time than actually viewing the match result screen.

Just quit, push x twice, start and you're on your way to the next match.

THATS BS. That person could be host and ruined the rest of the people trying to fun, so don't do what he just said.

Thats what happens when games use P2P servers. Can't really blame the player if they want to leave. Thats why more games need to use dedicated servers.
---
PSASBR: SIR DAN SINCE THE BEGINNING BABY!
PSN: SAVAGETROOPER
#24UltimAXEPosted 2/18/2013 2:47:07 AM
TheMickey posted...
Lol what makes you think everyone quits out of rage? Perhaps they just want to start a new match.

It's kinda on this side of hubris to just assume everyone who leaves a match early does so just because you were sooooo amazing it caused them to have an emotional break and run away.

Another thing, if the match is over and they quit rather than wait, it's obvious who won. Their leaving doesn't change that fact. So the real question is why is it so important for you to see the victory screen detailing how badly you won and seeing the "1st" place marker by your name? Is it possible that maybe you are just so pathetic and have such low self esteem that you have a psychological need for validation by seeing someone proclaim you a winner? Is your life really that sad?

Show me on this doll just where the bad man touched you.

What he said. If I get knocked out early on or the remaining two/three guys take too long to finish it and I want to get into another match as quickly as possible, I'll quit through the pause menu. If that messes up your game, then sorry? Sometimes I don't feel like watching 2 or 3 other people run around and try to kill each other for what feels like an eternity.
---
http://ultimaxe.deviantart.com/ - Get ready to ROCK!
"One question: Is it possible to take off my pants?" - Naked Snake
#25dooms14Posted 2/18/2013 4:34:37 AM
Timed, Play till the end.

Kill, Score Play till the end.

Stocks, like Smash Bros when or if I get killed early, I get impatient to see 2 people trying to kill each other. And the fact that PSASBR is a longer fight considering people miss their lv1-3s left and right isn't helping. I wanna play now then later, Its not our fault PSASBR doesn't have Host migration.