ATTN: Top Nariko players. I need your help.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/17/2013 7:39:52 PM
Teach how to be good with Nariko.

I know her general gameplan (spam discs, when they approach punish, rinse and repeat) but I need more specific advice.

1. What kind of anti-air combos should I be going for? This includes both ground-air and air-air. Brbs would be appreciated.

2. What moves should I use at close-mid range to apply safe pressure without overcommiting? What kind of precise spacings are involved?

3. How reliable is her level 3 for winning a 3 stock match? I know it's really good on smaller or even medium stages. But what about large and gimmicky stages?

Anything else I should know for higher level Nariko play?
#2blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:07:42 PM
Come on Nariko mains! Drown me with your knowledge.
#3Potatoman622Posted 2/17/2013 8:22:58 PM
You can try to message blue_ballz , he"s an amazing Nariko, although doesnt really post here.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#4blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:39:22 PM
I think dedicated guides on how to use the characters, especially the lesser known characters would help a lot.

Not just some general faq but the actual specifics.
#5naruko243Posted 2/17/2013 9:02:05 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

I know her general gameplan (spam discs, when they approach punish, rinse and repeat) but I need more specific advice.

1. What kind of anti-air combos should I be going for? This includes both ground-air and air-air. Brbs would be appreciated.

2. What moves should I use at close-mid range to apply safe pressure without overcommiting? What kind of precise spacings are involved?

3. How reliable is her level 3 for winning a 3 stock match? I know it's really good on smaller or even medium stages. But what about large and gimmicky stages?

1. up triangle,air up triangle, neutral circle, square 3 times, easy ap,
air up square, neutral circle, square x3

2. air down triangle low to the ground, keeps distance and if it hits leads into an ap burst

3. at least 2 kills no matter what,the third depends on the stage (1v1 terms) stages with platforms hurts her special pretty badly, almost always go for triangle in ffa, in 1v1 triangle is still the best option but your square is pretty quick to hit on tricky opponents, circle only for that last kill usually.

other notes are that her air nuetral circle to squarex3 combo doesnt work on FP, her disc are always really good if you hit them against the left wall, the ricochet along the floor and give a bit of extra pressure and if they hit can lead into an ap burst combo or a lv1(her only true hc)
counter can be useful if your good with it, always leads into an ap burst combo. i hope these help
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107
#6DHG_SweepPosted 2/17/2013 9:20:41 PM
naruko243 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

1. up triangle,air up triangle, neutral circle, square 3 times, easy ap,
air up square, neutral circle, square x3

2. air down triangle low to the ground, keeps distance and if it hits leads into an ap burst

3. at least 2 kills no matter what,the third depends on the stage (1v1 terms) stages with platforms hurts her special pretty badly, almost always go for triangle in ffa, in 1v1 triangle is still the best option but your square is pretty quick to hit on tricky opponents, circle only for that last kill usually.

other notes are that her air nuetral circle to squarex3 combo doesnt work on FP, her disc are always really good if you hit them against the left wall, the ricochet along the floor and give a bit of extra pressure and if they hit can lead into an ap burst combo or a lv1(her only true hc)
counter can be useful if your good with it, always leads into an ap burst combo. i hope these help

This is all good advice. I usually finish the a.n3 with d2 for fp btw. Also you can link ur a.u1 to u2 or a.d2 if youre facing backwards to your opponent when u perform a.u1. Facing backwards causes only 1 of the 3 blades to hit.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#7Blue_BaIIzPosted 2/17/2013 9:59:52 PM
I come here and read a lot about how people feel that Nariko's only play style is to spam disks until they come close for you to punish. Most people believe this because they've seen Public_Enemy place top in a couple of tournaments, but it's not the only way to play her effectively.

I play a much more offensive Nariko than Public's. We played a while back and I had to incorporate his style in order to barely edge through our set. He considered me the better Nariko at the time, but I think he's just as good with his match up knowledge and tournament level experience. The two of us have completely different styles, though. One may work better against another character than the other.

For example, I played a great Drake player known as Bluechacho from this forum. He told me that my style was more effective against Drake than Public's zoning Nariko.

Like Potatoman says, I don't post here often so add me if you want to 1v1 or discuss something. I look forwards to any challenges.

PSN: Blue_Baiiz
#8CrabhammarPosted 2/17/2013 10:04:20 PM
Blue_BaIIz posted...
I come here and read a lot about how people feel that Nariko's only play style is to spam disks until they come close for you to punish. Most people believe this because they've seen Public_Enemy place top in a couple of tournaments, but it's not the only way to play her effectively.

I play a much more offensive Nariko than Public's. We played a while back and I had to incorporate his style in order to barely edge through our set. He considered me the better Nariko at the time, but I think he's just as good with his match up knowledge and tournament level experience. The two of us have completely different styles, though. One may work better against another character than the other.

For example, I played a great Drake player known as Bluechacho from this forum. He told me that my style was more effective against Drake than Public's zoning Nariko.

Like Potatoman says, I don't post here often so add me if you want to 1v1 or discuss something. I look forwards to any challenges.

PSN: Blue_Baiiz

Yeah, trust me. Nariko can do the block and punish game well but she's actually nigh-unpunishable thanks to those tricks aD3 and aU1 moves. Also the whole "everything I do leads into an AP burst" thing makes Nariko one tricky opponent.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#9Blue_BaIIzPosted 2/17/2013 10:13:46 PM
Crabhammar posted...

Yeah, trust me. Nariko can do the block and punish game well but she's actually nigh-unpunishable thanks to those tricks aD3 and aU1 moves. Also the whole "everything I do leads into an AP burst" thing makes Nariko one tricky opponent.

This is that guy lol ^

I can't explain how frustrating your Drake was. You can't imagine what I was feeling during the matches where I could only get 1-2 kills off my level 3. The thought of having to get another level 3 against was agonizing.
#10CrabhammarPosted 2/17/2013 10:16:23 PM
Blue_BaIIz posted...
Crabhammar posted...

This is that guy lol ^

I can't explain how frustrating your Drake was. You can't imagine what I was feeling during the matches where I could only get 1-2 kills off my level 3. The thought of having to get another level 3 against was agonizing.

Yeah, dodging is actually kind of a snap. I can read people's minds lol. You always do Triangle, Backwards Square, Forward Triangle. I think you should spam the Square Jump a bit more because the hitbox is ridiculously large.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho