-easy hit confirms
-range and priority
-how often the characters win on average
-my own experiences
-the success and feelings of others
-superbot's take on the characters
-the leaderboards

some notes id like to add to my making of this tier list:

-i still stand strongly by the fact that nathan drake is the strongest character in the entire game. not only does he possess lagless attacks that are not punishable such as his slide kick, but he has a good powerful ranged game with quick moves and very little time to react, extremely powerful supers some of the best in the game, loops that are just unfair and broken, and i've seen him win more 2v1s than any character in the game on average.

-in the case of raiden, he has way too many hit confirms, i believe almost everything (like fat princess) that he does is a hit confirm. while many might see that he is only a melee character, he gets in so fast with so much priority, can always switch directions during an attack, is extremely agile, and has extremely powerful supers. he can lock you down really well. he has held so many spots at the top of the leaderboards, and nerfing his throw while respectable, did not make his character inherently weaker, he is a top tier character and one of the best in the game.

-kat has a powerful game, with really fast ap gain, easy hit confirms, a powerful air game, and she is really agile and mobile. as powerful as she is i do not consider her "broken" (s tier) because she only has a limited number of hit confirms, she has short range (which means other characters like raiden take priority over her) she does not possess a lagless attack and all of her attacks are punishable, her throw leaves her open to punish, and her supers are lacking and not as strong as the most powerful of characters. nevertheless i feel she is the best "non broken" character in the game, and from the perspective of fun, and accessibility, she is both the easiest character in the game, and the most complete feeling.

-Jak has taken way too much ridicule, and i believe rightfully so. while i think hes incredibly good and scary to face, i also think he has a plaethora of issues ranging from low ap gain on many of his moves, to an overpowered level 3 super, to unfairly having one of the hardest level 1s to connect without a true easy hit confirm. he needs serious tweaking. buffs in some areas, nerfs in others. nevertheless even if he plays in a shallow repetitive manner, he is above average in every sense of the word "above".

-i believe ratchet's jesus grab has been nerfed, as he cannot spam it over and over in a troll-ish way anymore. good riddens.

-good cole is capable of serious combos and can combo into his super, but is very difficult to use. a mastered good cole can do almost as well as an evil cole believe it or not.

-i've played with emmett a lot and ive only gotten a feeling of "balanced" out of him. theres many characters he feels weaker against, but he has the tools to really dominate when the situation is right. anything less than mid tier would be a lie, but hes definately not a very dominating character either.

-i did NOT take parappa's glitch into account when making this. he is actually easily the strongest in the game due to a glitch in programming, but that doesnt factor into his success because if the developers have any dignity they will fix it imediately. that goes for other glitches like sir dan shield, and kat facing the wrong direction on a roll, and emmett's level 3 not attacking the left side of the screen as well.

*please leave your constructive criticism, preferably what you would change and why. no tier list will ever be accurate for every player, so please also post if you find it incredibly accurate and well done, thanks :)
#2Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:29:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Trigger_MonkeyPosted 2/18/2013 4:38:35 AM
Wait, could you explain why Parappa is low-tier?
---
Sid the Sloth for Playstation Allstars.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:39:29 AM
another thing to note, i was just kidding about the last tier list, that was suppose to be a joke, so kudos to those with a sense of humor =] this one im taking serious though i stand by it 100%
#5Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:45:58 AM(edited)
Trigger_Monkey posted...
Wait, could you explain why Parappa is low-tier?

lack of range and smaller hitboxes makes him below average compared to a more average character such as dante. while he does have high ap gain, he has to "get in" which can be difficult when he is only using his fists. his mic grab has a large whiff time associated with it, and is not very safe in competitve play either, he is forced to play defensively, and deal with small hitboxes. average characters don't have the issues he has. hes also very difficult to use and inaccessible because of this.
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:51:18 AM(edited)
i know its early, but anyone else? ^_^ unless you are crashbfan, because i have you on ignore.
#7DHG_SweepPosted 2/18/2013 4:50:54 AM
While I disagree greatly with your tier list and a lot of your points. I won't ridicule you for your opinion. There's too much of that around here. What mode is this tier list for? I'm assuming its definitely not for 1v1.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:52:26 AM(edited)
DHG_Sweep posted...
While I disagree greatly with your tier list and a lot of your points. I won't ridicule you for your opinion. There's too much of that around here. What mode is this tier list for? I'm assuming its definitely not for 1v1.

can you tell me what you disagree with? maybe we can fill in the discrepancies. this is based mostly on 2v2, as that is the mode i play 99% of the time.
#9DHG_SweepPosted 2/18/2013 5:00:16 AM
It makes much more sense as a 2v2 list. Then my points and differing placements are fewer. Nothing id get into at this hour. I really need to get to bed haha.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#10Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:01:22 AM
DHG_Sweep posted...
It makes much more sense as a 2v2 list. Then my points and differing placements are fewer. Nothing id get into at this hour. I really need to get to bed haha.

okay well feel free to come back and discuss it if you want when you wake up.