A man chooses, a slave obeys: Big daddy discussion Thread

#1ZanooooPosted 2/18/2013 4:29:01 PM
I'd figure I would make a big daddy discussion topic for the like 4 big daddys/anyone who wanted to pick him up or wanted more info on him.

I will be posting all of his moves and their AP gain/what properties they have below, but I am going to have to break that up into about 2 posts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Daddy's Movelist

1=Square
2=Triangle
3=Circle

Square attacks(1)-Jabs/super armor moves

Neutral+1-Jab
AP Gain: 10

Side+1-Overhead Palooka
AP Gain: 20
Properties: Super armor during active period
Hit Effect: Knockdown

Up+1-Uppercut
Hit Effect: Lift

Down+1-Sweeping Fist
Hit Effect: Sweep

Air Square attacks(1)

Neutral+1-Aerial Jab

Side+1-Aerial Hard Punch
AP Gain: 30
Hit Effect: Eject Spiral

Up+1-Aerial Uppercut
Hit Effect: Lift

Down+1-Aerial Down Punch
Hit Effect: Kneel(on grounded foe), Knockdown(on aerial foe)

Triangle attacks(2)-Drill Attacks

Neutral+2-Drill Punch
Hit Effect: Butt-Drop

Side+2-Charging Rush
AP Gain: Initial hit 15, followup triangle 5
Properties: Super armor; hold 2(Triangle) to run through foes. Press 2(Triangle) on hit to for a followup attack
Hit Effect: Lift, follow up hit does Hard knockdown
Note: If you hit a wall during this move, big daddy will enter a butt-drop state. Press 2(Triangle) to cancel this move.

Up+2-Drill Skewer
AP Gain: 6-30
Hit Effect: Eject tornado

Down+2-Drill Slam
Ap Gain: 5-45
Properties: Mashable, mashing increases area of effect
Hit Effect: Knockdown, Eject tornado on final hit.

Air Triangle Attacks(2)

Neutral+2-Aerial Drill Punch
Hit effects: Butt-Drop, Lift when hitting an airborne opponent

Side+2-Aerial Charging Rush
AP Gain:10(first hit), 20(second hit)
Properties: Dives down-forward; active until grounded
Hit Effect:Butt-drop(First hit), Sweep(second hit)

Up+2-Aerial Drill Skewer
AP Gain:10,20
Hit Effect: Eject Tornado

Down+2-Descending Drill Slam
AP Gain: 10-70
Properties: Mashable, mashing increases area of effect
Hit Effects: Knockdown, Eject tornado on final hit
Note: attack becomes active when grounded.
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#2Zanoooo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:50:12 PM(edited)
I have to rewrite the circle moves because gamefaqs think's I wrote ****, when I didn't

Main bnb(imo):

j.d1, j.s2, j.f3, j.n3, jump cancel, j.f3, j.n1, j.u2 140 ap

This is his main bnb because of its easiness to land and do, plus if you do hit them with the j.d1 while they are in the air that scores you a hard knockdown for tech chasing.

What I also like about this combo is that you can put hard knock downs into the combo so you can set up a tech chase.

You can insert a hard knock down with a f1 like this

j.d1, j.s2, f3, f1 it nets you like 70 ap iirc

and you can use j.d1 in the combo like this

j.d1, j.s2, j.f3, j.n3, jump cancel, j.f3, j,d1

The reset game is were big daddy shines/is his strongest at imo.

When you knock them down it's a good idea to jump and do a j.d3(ice), since that is the fastest way to drop ice and it limited their options on wake up.

Big daddy has a couple of options to stop the opponent's wake up aside from the ice.

I look at it like this,

If the opponent is going to jump you can:
j.d1 to knock them down
f1 to knock them down

If they roll:
Predict the roll and hit them with a f3 or a j.s2 into a combo/hard knockdown.
grab them out of the roll
d2 or j.d2 to hit them out of the roll's recovery.
Take the chance and try and him them with a lv1

If they stand there and block the ice or just block in general:
d.throw*(down throw is his best throw also, since after it you can land a n1 to u2 for 40ap or set up more resets)
n3 guard break(I need to experiment with this one some more)

Next post will be on his supers and general tips.

---
#3crashbfan-23Posted 2/18/2013 4:29:59 PM
seckboe
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#4Zanoooo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:12:13 PM
Supers

Big daddy's supers are kinda eh honestly, his lv1 is pretty okish, his lv2 is good and his lv3 is just for fanservice or for small stages like dojo.

Level1: His level1 big daddy has a little sister jump from his back and land on the opponent.
Costs: 100ap

So it's a cheap super and if you can get a hit with it, that's good. But if the opponent is smart they won't get hit.

There's a few ways to try and set this super up, with the only real ways to hitconfirm it being situational.

Set up/tech trap way: after a successful f3 you do the level1 and if the opponent doesn't tech forward, they will get hit.

Easiest way to set this up is by doing a j.s2 into f3 then super, if they tech forward or time their air dodge right it will miss.

Corner set ups:

If you have them knocked down into the corner this is where this super becomes much more useful.

Basically this is sort of a crappy version of ratchets corner set up, and requires good read's on the big daddys part.

If you launch the little sister while they are knocked down in the corner and the opponent doesn't just lay down, they will get hit by her.

If they get up, jump or attack they will get hit by the little sister. Also if they roll behind you, you can down throw them into the little sister for a kill.

Combo confirmed kills:

In the corner, if you do u3 and it hits you can do a lv1. I can't remember if this can only be done on stages with no walls like dojo though.

J.d3, d1, super

This one one looks cool, but I find it rather hard to pull off, but it could work if the opponent trys to jump away from the ice that's under them I suppose.

Basically, after you hit them with the d1 they fall onto the ice and freeze, letting you land a lv1.

Level2: Big daddy turns red and becomes faster and his plasmid moves becomes BEES.

n1: does a big cloud of bee's, can be air dodged however
and the rest of his circle moves do a "beam" of bee's in that direction

Set ups:

j.d1, j.s2, j.f3, j.n3, jump cancel, j.f3, super, n3 or n2

This is mainly a tech set up that they can air dodge to get out, so it's not the best way to get a kill but it can work.

In the corner, get a hard knockdown, super, then do d2 or j.d2. There's pretty much no way to escape it from what I can tell. Unless the big daddy does it wrong.

Confirmed combos:

j.d1, j.s2, j.f3, j.n3, jump cancel, j.f3, super, n1

This is combo is hard to do online for me, but I can nail it every time offline. I don't know why lol.

Level3: Just for fanservice/on small stages if they're good at doding your level2.

General tips and tricks:

Your ground charge S2, can get through alot of stuff if you just hold down the triangle button. You can safely charge through barrels, mines, etc as long as you don't start the charge from too far away because the armor seems to be based on time and not how much damage big daddy takes.

Use j.s3 or j.d3 to destroy cakes, mines, etc. You can also destroy the barrel with a s3 as soon as it comes out. But its hard to do.

DO NOT SPAM THE D2 OR AIR D2, that move is so unsafe it's not even funny. If you see the opponent is blocking, drop it after 1 hit then grab them.

ALWAYS HAVE A PATCH OF ICE OUT, it may only give you 10 ap, but it ad's up and you can sometimes land decent ap combos or a j.d2 if you are close enough to the opponent when it happens.

That's all I got for now, if I or any other big daddy want to talk or add that'd be awesome.

I would really like to discuss match ups as well with you guys or any other characters mains if they want to input.
---
#5Myles98Posted 2/18/2013 5:13:47 PM
Ask Omnisignificance.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#6Zanoooo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:14:32 PM
I know who the big daddy mains of this board are :x
---
#7Myles98Posted 2/18/2013 5:15:28 PM
Zanoooo posted...
I know who the big daddy mains of this board are :x

I wuz only helping :(
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#8jump__0Posted 2/18/2013 5:24:04 PM
I feel like this was from shoryuken
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#9Zanoooo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:28:05 PM
jump__0 posted...
I feel like this was from shoryuken

Because I wrote that one too lol.

I just added a bit to this one.
---
#10jump__0Posted 2/18/2013 5:40:25 PM(edited)
off of ice it's best to do s3, 3, jump cancel, a.s3, a.n1, a.u2 or just go for hard knockdown and a tech chase.

EDIT: also, you wrote his n1 in lv2 is a cloud of bees. it's n3 which does that

always go for down grab. you can leave them for a tech chase or do n1 U2 for 40AP and room to grab the orbs the opponent drops.

3 when fully charged gaurd breaks. There was a player from Bum's stream who would go for hard knockdown

there's also stuff in this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65159988
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX