Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) Moveset

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 2/19/2013 1:25:44 AM(edited)
A move set I'm kinda proud of managing to make, so wanted to get it a bit of attention by putting it in it's own topic.

Wander- Shadow of the Colossus.

Default- His appearance at the start of SotC
Alt 1- Fully corrupted wander with horns and all.
Alt 2- Shaman Wander- Wander wears the Shaman Mask and Shaman Cloak.

Special mobility- Wander can stick to walls and climb them by holding move against them and holding X like Cole.Cannot attack off of them though like Cole. Wander can also use the Cloth of Desperation as a slow fall by holding X in the air.

Square-

Neutral- Double Slash- Wander does a two hit slash, one being his basic hit from SotC, the other being a heavy 2-handed. Can leave him a bit open if he misses. Air version is the same but slams them down like Cole's air neutral.

Side- Flashing Stab- Wander raises his sword in the same way as when he's going to stab a Colossus in the game, then lunges forward in a stabbing motion. Has a slow start up, crumples enemies. Air version can chain into neutral air.

Down- Roll- Wander lunges and rolls forward, pops enemies up like Drake's barrel. Air version he instead lunges forward at a downward angle. If he hits an enemy he does a downward stab, knocking them to the ground, has a bouncing effect when they hit the ground.

Up- Up Stab- Wander stabs directly upward (don't judge me, couldn't come up with anything for this.)

Triangle-

Neutral- Bow- Wander fires his bow, however it can be held so that you can aim it similar to Ratchet's sniper.

Side- Harpoon of Thunder- Wander tosses the Harpoon of Thunder forward, goes a good distance, electrocutes enemies it hits for a good amount of damage. Has a decently large recovery time. Projectile moves slowly but is powerful.

Down- Whistling Arrows- Wander fires a whistling arrow, goes a short distance, about the distance of Good Cole's side circle. Reverses enemy movement controls. Easy enough to see coming to avoid.

Up- Flash Arrows- Wader fires a Flash arrow forward at an upward angle. Explodes after a distance or when it hits an enemy, sending them flying.

Circle-

Neutral- Cloak of Deception- Wander uses the Cloak of Deception as a counter. When you hit down O, he will put it on, appearing as an obvious shimmer (can't having it be invisible like sly's stealth, can't have it being too strong.) If an enemy hits this shimmer, Wander will suddenly uncloak behind them and stab them, crumpling them.

Side- Desperation- Wander tackles the enemy, and stabs them several times. If he misses he flattens. If the attack is blocked or he hits a wall, he butt drops. (couldn't come up with anything better, I figured it fit him though).

Down- Shadows- A shadow appears which Wander banishes, but it stays in the spot it was as a black spot similar to Evil Cole's trap, but has a shadowy cloud coming from it. If an enemy steps on it, the shadow will pop out and hit them away before vanishing. The spot will vanish after 10 seconds. In the Air the spot will drop to the floor below (or if off of a ledge) (kinda eh on this one, couldn't come up with anything better that wouldn't conflict with the level 1)

Up- Prayer Shrine- Wander prays and a small pillar of light will remain where he prayed. If pressed again he'll seem to vanish and reappear there as if he'd been sleeping sitting up then quickly get up. If it's in the air he'll appear as if he was floating like how it was revealed he was returned to the Shrine of Worship. (that's right, I implemented the save system)

tried fitting supers and throws but couldn't so they're on the next post. down there-V
---
GT: Dsurion21
#2Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:25:08 AM(edited)
Throws-

Side- Wander grabs the opponent and strikes them with the sword, sending them flying.

Down- Wander leaps up and stabs them, flattening the opponent.

Up- Wander stabs them, then upper cuts the opponent.

Supers-

Level 1- Blade to the Light- Wander holds his sword up, creating a beam of light about the length of Fat Princess's level 1 charge. If it hits an enemy they're stunned and a sigil appears on them. Wander leaps forward and stabs them killing them. If anyone gets in the way of the leap they're killed as well.

Level 2- Agro- Agro appears and Wander hops on her back. You can then control Agro similarly to Fat Princess's level 2. However Agro only has one jump, though it is high, so you must judge how long you have to press the button.

Level 3- Shadow of the Colossus- Wander cringes and falls to the ground as shadowy tendrils fly into him, causing him to collapse to the ground. A shadow covers his body and he begins to grow in size as the horned spirit Dormin. As Dormin you can move at about the same speed as Sweet Bot. His attacks consist of-

Square-
Neutral, side, up - Fist Slam- Dormin raises his arm and slams down his fist in an arc, anyone that hits his arm is killed. (It's best to air dodge it)

Down- Stomp- Dormin stomps, making a shock wave in both directions at his feet.

Triangle- Colossi's Breath- Dormin leans down and breathes a fire-like ice substance (quoting the wiki) in front of him. Deadly if you don't jump over it.

Circle- Charge- Dormin bull rushes forward, killing anyone unlucky enough to get caught in his path. Can be deadly but has a long recovery time.

Level 3 theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwetX5iVa6E

Victory themes-

Victory theme 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARW91qriEqw
Victory theme 2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWInWdKBIVs

Taunts-

Agro!- Wander yells for Agro or whistles.

A prayer for you.- Wander speaks in his language and kneels in prayer for the enemy.

Away!- Wander points his blade forward as he did to banish the shadows in the intro

Intros-

Heroes ride on- Wander rides up on Agro then hops off and looks around.

A rude awakening- Wander wakes up as he does after slaying each Colossus and looks around with his sword raised.

Fall from grace- Wander falls from the top of the screen, sprawled on the floor then kneels and shakes himself off sighing. (If it's not obvious he fell off of a Colossus he was fighting.)

Purest motives....- Wander steps forward with the 16 shadows sinking into the ground behind him, and takes a heroic, yet ominous stance.

(went for a name theme of going from pure to corrupted, thought it was kind of cool.)

Outro's-

Into the sunset- Agro steps up and Wander hops on her before riding off screen.

Thy next foe...- Wander looks up as a bright light shines from above and Dormin's voice is heard. Wander nods and runs off.

Never gives up- Wander is startled as the screen suddenly shakes, causing him to run toward a great shadow that appears off the right side off the screen. (in the shape of the first Colossus).

Darkest deeds....- Shadowy tendrils surround Wander and fly into him, causing him to float for a second before passing out.

Outro losses-

Wander is unconscious as Agro limps up to him.

Wander struggles to stand and holds onto his arm as he did in the game when he was low on health.

Wander sprawled on the floor still holding onto his sword.

Wander is unconscious as shadow begins to cover his body.
---
#3holysquidPosted 2/19/2013 1:25:58 AM
That's an impressive moveset, and extremely extensive too, lol.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:26:41 AM
holysquid posted...
That's an impressive moveset, and extremely extensive too, lol.

Told you I end up over thinking them to the point the descriptions are waaaaaaaay too long xD
---
#5G-ScythePosted 2/19/2013 1:35:10 AM
i like it
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#6taoxadasaPosted 2/19/2013 1:53:01 AM
I do really like it, but I have some different ideas myself.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#7Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:53:02 AM
G-Scythe posted...
i like it

Thank you very much.
---
#8Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:53:38 AM
taoxadasa posted...

Like?
---
#9taoxadasaPosted 2/19/2013 2:14:30 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
taoxadasa posted...

Like?

Well, I think Agro should be part of his moveset, and a very unique part of his playstyle.

Something like this: O calls for Agro, and then mounts her when nearby.
On Agro, Wander can slash (square), shine light (circle), shoot arrow (triangle), or do stunts (right stick)

Running into opponents hurts them if fast enough, and Wander can jump off and fly pretty far. (I figure Wander would be a slow character on foot and Agro could help get him around)

Also, I would switch his Rolling attack to side square, and his stab to down square, so he stabs the ground. His stabbing move can be charged, and when it stabs the ground it leaves black shadow stuff that pours out for a few seconds, which can hurt opponents.

I'd change his level 1 to be a Colossus statue explosion, and his level 2 should be some attack from a Colossus. (not sure what would be best for that yet)

Side circle would be the Light Shine move, where is has the light symbol appear and it weakens the opponent for a few seconds.

Then I'd make your Cloak of Desparation move Down Circle, and everything else is perfect for what you have.

That's just what I would like to see, take my suggestions if you want to, but your ideas are great in the first place haha.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#10Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 2:22:35 AM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
taoxadasa posted...

Like?

Well, I think Agro should be part of his moveset, and a very unique part of his playstyle.

Something like this: O calls for Agro, and then mounts her when nearby.
On Agro, Wander can slash (square), shine light (circle), shoot arrow (triangle), or do stunts (right stick)

Running into opponents hurts them if fast enough, and Wander can jump off and fly pretty far. (I figure Wander would be a slow character on foot and Agro could help get him around)

Also, I would switch his Rolling attack to side square, and his stab to down square, so he stabs the ground. His stabbing move can be charged, and when it stabs the ground it leaves black shadow stuff that pours out for a few seconds, which can hurt opponents.

I'd change his level 1 to be a Colossus statue explosion, and his level 2 should be some attack from a Colossus. (not sure what would be best for that yet)

Side circle would be the Light Shine move, where is has the light symbol appear and it weakens the opponent for a few seconds.

Then I'd make your Cloak of Desparation move Down Circle, and everything else is perfect for what you have.

That's just what I would like to see, take my suggestions if you want to, but your ideas are great in the first place haha.

They're pretty good ideas, but I just kind of felt that Agro was too large to factor into a normal part of his move set. Seemed like something better for in a super. And I actually considered that Light Shine one, but I preferred the Level 1 idea. Colossi idol explosion seems like it'd be too big for a level 1. I really like that Rolling attack swap idea though, can't believe I didn't think of that in the 4 hours of brainstorming I had for him >.> And damn I already used the edit to put his 2nd alt when I forgot to put it again.
---