This game really does lack the instant draw of newbies imo. Unlike Smash.

#21KindertotenwaldPosted 2/20/2013 7:52:20 AM
I disagree the majority of my time in the beta was spent not knowing much and spamming F2 with Radec.
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#22Aalz-7Posted 2/20/2013 7:58:25 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
They had a blast whenever something happened. When I told them about Kirby's ability to suck up people and then suicide off the stage with them they couldn't stop laughing over it. Then we turned out on all items and they had even more fun with all their crazy and chaotic effects.

This so much. I loved this so much in brawl, and I'm honestly so disappointed it wasn't in allstars, but then again, there is only so much you can do with a super system.
---
Heihachi main
Psn: Aalz-7
#23dabuzPosted 2/20/2013 7:58:36 AM
My theory for PSABR not being successful is because there's no life bar or percentages, things that deplete and don't come back (under competitive circumstances). There only supers which if whiffed, basically mean all the meter building was a waste and the match is stuck at the same place it was a minute ago. For new players especially this is infuriating and makes you feel like a bad player, hardly a way for people to stick with the game.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#24HabefietPosted 2/20/2013 8:32:55 AM
Why do people keep comparing this to Brawl? Brawl is the THIRD installment of an already successful franchise. They had YEARS since the first game came out to fix bugs and glitches, get more licenses for characters, create more interesting items and stages, add different gameplay mechanics and features, etc etc. This is Sony's first attempt at an all star mash up, so it should be compared to the FIRST SSB, which only had a roster of 12 characters, only had time and stock battles, had around 12 stages or so and a couple items, etc. Yeah I know it's a bit insane comparing an N64 game to a PS3 one, but we're not talking about console capabilities here, we're talking about a mash up game that represents a console's all star players. The only reason this game isn't drawing many people is because the cast is lacking other more well known PlayStation representatives.

It should be compared to Melee. Here's why. tl;dr will follow. This is copy-pasted from myself in a different topic:

Throw the devs a pity party any time you like, but honestly yes I do expect a new IP to be relatively packed with options if it's going to try and compete with the massive amount of stuff offered by a Smash game. Yes, the first Smash game had 12 characters in it, a brief single player with some bonus stages, something like 10 stages, and not much else. The first Smash game also came out on the Nintendo 64 and was the first big platform fighting game ever as far as I know.

Melee was developed in 13 months, for the ****in' Gamecube, and has so much more content than this 3-whole-years-in-development-game as to be outright embarrassing. More characters, more stages, more collectibles, a preposterous amount more single player content (Arcade/Adventure/All-Star/Event/Stadium modes), a preposterous amount more multiplayer options, pretty sure it had more music and items and whatever too, also better menu design (lol), etc. etc. Say what you will about Nintendo having something to build off of, but everyone that makes that excuse conveniently ignores that the combined development time of SSB64 and Melee, two games with completely different physics and gameplay engines and the latter of which has a ridiculous amount of stuff added, is still less than the entire development time of this game that released in 2012 on the PS3 that has less features in literally every capacity than the decade-old next-most-recent-entry of its most obvious competing franchise.

When you play this game, ask yourself if it really feels like it was in development for three whole years, because it doesn't to me.

tl;dr: A lot of PSASBR fans making excuses tell themselves that the game should be compared to SSB64, which would be silly for a number of reasons imo since that was the late 90's and this came out in 2012, but still, SSB64 and Melee combined had less total development time than PSASBR, so PSASBR should be compared to Melee, a standard which it fails to live up to in virtually every capacity.
#25G-ScythePosted 2/20/2013 8:49:26 AM
I brought ssb to my disabled cousins house, and only after 10 minutes he was able to walk again.
But then he played this and died
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#26Dsurions_WrathPosted 2/20/2013 9:24:23 AM
G-Scythe posted...
I brought ssb to my disabled cousins house, and only after 10 minutes he was able to walk again.
But then he played this and died

PRAAAAAISE THE SSB, AND ALL ITS HOOOOLEH POWAH. CAST DOWN THE PSASBR AND IT'S EEEEEEEEEEVIL WAYS!
---
GT: Dsurion21
#27WebBowserPosted 2/20/2013 10:06:02 AM
As a noobie myself, I still find that the most infuriating thing is to have an enemy get an early kill and then simply run away, stalling out the game. It needs to be easier to actually catch your opponents because it makes for really dull games when your opponent is able to do this.
---
Best rock sculpture ever
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5923/screen10r.jpg
#28Supah_AxelPosted 2/20/2013 7:24:42 PM
WebBowser posted...
As a noobie myself, I still find that the most infuriating thing is to have an enemy get an early kill and then simply run away, stalling out the game. It needs to be easier to actually catch your opponents because it makes for really dull games when your opponent is able to do this.

That's how I won that mirror match in combat trials on all-star difficulty. I got a kill and then ran away the rest of the match.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bakabridget/
#29WebBowserPosted 2/22/2013 9:45:33 AM
^ that should not happen as easily as it probably did. I actually figured out why running is so effective, it's not that you can't hit your opponent, it's just that it's near impossible to hit a fleeing opponent with a level 1 super, forceing you to use al LEAST a level two super for a single kill, which is really bad AP economy and requires more hits on your opponent. Since your opponent is running, you will hit him less than normal, making it take longer to get any AP. Atm, it takes so long that matches will frequently end before a level 2 super is reached, and that's not accounting for any wiffed level 1 supers. That's bad.
---
Best rock sculpture ever
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5923/screen10r.jpg