what are the chances SSM will un-nerf jak?

#11LightEcoSagePosted 2/21/2013 1:02:08 AM(edited)
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
PielordX posted...
If he was like how he was pre-release, he'd get some complaints.

You know what I find FUNNY THOUGH! Jak would still be not a main issue. Jak would get put up to B Tier, but Drake, Kratos, etc would still be the dominate players on this game! Pre-nerf Jak will not be as much of a problem as Kat and etc...

And also prenerf Jak would actually stand toe to toe or a chance at facing a skilled Ratchet such as Lizard.

Pre-Nerf Jak was ridiculous LES and you know it. I'm glad they nerfed him but yes, they went a little overboard. Also my nerfed Jak is a formidable opponent against LizardHeart in 1v1 and definitely 2v2.

No he wasn't LU, stop exaggerating like others. Excluding AP gain, because I never knew what it was, he was OP, but not OOP! As for your last line I would like to see videos for that. The word formidable and the tone of that just got me. I want proof.

In detail of Jak's OP traits. Only his Needle Lazer and Mass Inverter is what made him OP. The Jetboard twice in air was part of his mobility and doesn't count anyway in this suituation. Now this is why I think im right. If we have old Jak again in this game lets take away his 2 guns completely, Mass and Needle lazer... then would he be OP or a problem?

(Don't nobody take this the wrong way)!

LizardHeart is on the board correct? He can confirm it himself. I beat him once and he beat me twice but then we started messing around with other characters. As for the double Jetboard, that is a lot of mobility and he could easily avoid level 3's more than he already can. I'm not exaggerating and I still stand by my belief that he was OP. Like you said, Mass and Needle were OP but Gyro Burster was as well.

Ok let me correct myself. the Double Jetboard is ONLY OP if its applied to Jak from old build but if its put onto Jak now its not OP because of his overall lacks as a character. Now the Gyro Burster may have seem OP back then but it wasn't. FACT! Let me explain. Remember.. the Gyro Burster didn't shoot out as many shots as the newer version does. It had the same defense as it does now(crumbles in 1 hit from anything). It didn't shoot out a lot of bullets. It didn't have higher rate of fire. Its duration was also shorter. Look at that 5:1. 5 Cons and 1 good side effect to it. That 1 would be stunning like Emmetts turret. This factually tells you how Jaks Gyro Burster wasn't OP :)
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#12Bar_bar13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 4:36:17 AM
bump
---
"May the odds be ever in your favour
#13CrabhammarPosted 2/22/2013 5:28:42 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

You know what I find FUNNY THOUGH! Jak would still be not a main issue. Jak would get put up to B Tier, but Drake, Kratos, etc would still be the dominate players on this game! Pre-nerf Jak will not be as much of a problem as Kat and etc...

And also prenerf Jak would actually stand toe to toe or a chance at facing a skilled Ratchet such as Lizard.

Pre-Nerf Jak was ridiculous LES and you know it. I'm glad they nerfed him but yes, they went a little overboard. Also my nerfed Jak is a formidable opponent against LizardHeart in 1v1 and definitely 2v2.

No he wasn't LU, stop exaggerating like others. Excluding AP gain, because I never knew what it was, he was OP, but not OOP! As for your last line I would like to see videos for that. The word formidable and the tone of that just got me. I want proof.

In detail of Jak's OP traits. Only his Needle Lazer and Mass Inverter is what made him OP. The Jetboard twice in air was part of his mobility and doesn't count anyway in this suituation. Now this is why I think im right. If we have old Jak again in this game lets take away his 2 guns completely, Mass and Needle lazer... then would he be OP or a problem?

LizardHeart is on the board correct? He can confirm it himself. I beat him once and he beat me twice but then we started messing around with other characters. As for the double Jetboard, that is a lot of mobility and he could easily avoid level 3's more than he already can. I'm not exaggerating and I still stand by my belief that he was OP. Like you said, Mass and Needle were OP but Gyro Burster was as well.

Ok let me correct myself. the Double Jetboard is ONLY OP if its applied to Jak from old build but if its put onto Jak now its not OP because of his overall lacks as a character.

*groan* Why am I agreeing with this clown...

...but yes, this is true. Jak's "mobility" isn't even that great and Kat laughs at it. The jetboard is a sucky ass version of her air dash, so why not give him two? It was a bit too strong when Jak was OP.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamSamoas
#14wwinterj25Posted 2/22/2013 5:45:29 AM
I find it amusing that they nerf every character under the sun aside from the one who needs it the most and that's Kratos. It's not his moves so much but his AP gain. I can only assume it's developer bias. Jak has more chance getting a nerf again then a buff to be honest.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#15Myles98Posted 2/22/2013 6:03:11 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Ok let me correct myself. the Double Jetboard is ONLY OP if its applied to Jak from old build but if its put onto Jak now its not OP because of his overall lacks as a character.

*groan* Why am I agreeing with this clown...

...but yes, this is true. Jak's "mobility" isn't even that great and Kat laughs at it. The jetboard is a sucky ass version of her air dash, so why not give him two? It was a bit too strong when Jak was OP.

What if Jaks jet board worked similair to Coles energy slide thing (idk what it's called) or Kats gravity slide? That would be an improvement IMO.
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#16LightEcoSagePosted 2/22/2013 6:49:09 AM(edited)
Myles98 posted...

What if Jaks jet board worked similair to Coles energy slide thing (idk what it's called) or Kats gravity slide? That would be an improvement IMO.

I've already thought about that, but some whiner say its OP or it will be OP. Not with the with the way im thinking of.

Now here's the only way it would work for Jak. Only way and would be balanced. Even though Jak's original purpose for the Jetboard in his games were for the ground. In this game SB decided to make it an aerial move(which im somewhat fine with. IMBO it should have had both a ground and air purpose especially when they nerfed it). So it only has 2 possibilities.

1. Longer range for its lack of 2 uses in the air, which actually should have happened after its nerf.

2. Give it back its 2 uses in the air(consideration plays into this).

When any of those 2 options happens then Jak's mobility would truly be balanced and up to par with others such as Coles mobility, Kat's, etc.
---
Y'all are blocked. Y'all know who y'all are. Don't reply to me like I can actually see what you're saying and that you are winning some type of argument.