How would you feel about Lab Zero Games (Skullgirls devs) making...

#1BluBlue4Posted 2/21/2013 3:15:30 AM
A sequel or successor to this game?

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/20/lab-zero-games-listed-among-developers-supporting-sonys-playstation-4/

From what I understand SuperBot was let go/ fired / or Sony simply choose not to renew their contract.

Alot of people have made the argument that this game was likely a test to see how a playstation fighting game would work.

Maybe Sony wants Lab Zero Games to work on a playstation fighting game. If sony for some reason was impressed with Skullgirls then they might have more confidence in LZG than they do in SB and they'd like them to work on a direct (or vastly reworked) sequel to this game.

It's a long shot, sure. The above link doesn't prove anything at all, supporting could easily mean that SG2 might be on the PS4.

Still, how do you feel about all this?
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 2/21/2013 3:17:55 AM
Didn't play Skullgirls but i guess it would be ok for me, It would be even better if it was going to be developed by Arcsys, But that would totally make the game not "Noob friendly"
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#3co1onelPosted 2/21/2013 3:18:56 AM
They would certainly make it a lot better than what we have.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#4T_l_M_B_0Posted 2/21/2013 3:36:52 AM
Uhhh... no.
This game series needs to be handled by Sony directly now. Not passed off to some nobody... again...
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#5co1onelPosted 2/21/2013 3:41:08 AM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Uhhh... no.
This game series needs to be handled by Sony directly now. Not passed off to some nobody... again...

Some nobody? Lab Zero has already made a really good fighting game. Superbot on the other hand didn't even exist before all stars.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#6T_l_M_B_0Posted 2/21/2013 3:45:18 AM
co1onel posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Uhhh... no.

Some nobody? Lab Zero has already made a really good fighting game. Superbot on the other hand didn't even exist before all stars.

1 good game means nothing as far as other devs are concerned. They would have much less trust given to them by devs than Sony themselves would. Sony themselves are the only ones who have the power to make this game a success.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#7toad133Posted 2/21/2013 4:40:31 AM
Skullgirls has a lot of issues of its own to sort out, so no, I wouldn't feel happy about them making a sequel or successor.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#8NewMoonShadowPosted 2/21/2013 5:08:38 AM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
co1onel posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Uhhh... no.

1 good game means nothing as far as other devs are concerned. They would have much less trust given to them by devs than Sony themselves would. Sony themselves are the only ones who have the power to make this game a success.

Except for the part where Sony themselves aren't a video game Developer.
#9BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:23:25 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
co1onel posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Uhhh... no.

Except for the part where Sony themselves aren't a video game Developer.

dUDE, i'M PRETTY SURE THE SONY CEO MAKES THESE WITH HIS BARE HANDS. lEAVE, TROLLEY.

Ah, there was something in my throat, sorry 'bout that.

It sounds as if TIMBO is saying that the game dev has to be 1st party. Not just contracted by Sony for a single game. I disagree. Whether Sony has them under contract for a single job, or picks them up as a 1st party dev would it really affect the game?
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#10rahmed51387Posted 2/21/2013 7:59:44 AM
co1onel posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Uhhh... no.

This. Skullgirls is probably currently my favorite 2D fighter, and I really hope support picks up now that Squiggly is officially introduced.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.