Snovvbub actually makes an unbiased poll about inFAMOUS

#31blazin640Posted 2/21/2013 11:00:45 PM
Snovvbub posted...
blazin640 posted...
plus trish was annoying. REALLY ANNOYING. Actually most of the cast is annoying.

Not as annoying as Kuo and Nix.

Kuo wasn't that bad. I'd rather have a woman not shove down her opinion at my throat constantly. She wasn't great though.

The problem overall is that I never cared for Kuo/Trish/Nix. Just never felt emotionally invested in them.
---
There goes my free time
#32NDgamer1122Posted 2/21/2013 11:03:13 PM
Not gonna lie, Snovv, you're reeeeally making me wanna play inFamous 1 again. Too bad I left my copy back home, away from college. It'll be another month til I see it again :c
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#33blazin640Posted 2/21/2013 11:04:46 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Not gonna lie, Snovv, you're reeeeally making me wanna play inFamous 1 again. Too bad I left my copy back home, away from college. It'll be another month til I see it again :c

You didn't get it free from psn hack outrage?
---
There goes my free time
#34Snovvbub(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:06:15 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

It's one of my favorite games, if not THE favorite, of all time.

For me, it goes

1. InFAMOUS 1
2. LittleBigPlanet (any)
3. Bulletstorm
---
Fan of Jason Cottle
#35Nath1343Posted 2/21/2013 11:15:06 PM
The original inFamous was just brilliant.

I liked inFamous 2 just as much and I thought both plots were equally good but I just seemed to enjoy the first game better as a whole. Although, killing Zeke in the evil story at the end of inFamous 2 is the most emotionally evoking part of the whole series in my opinion.
---
PSN: nath1343
Isaac, Shulk, Toad and Pac-Man for Super Smash Bros 4!
#36NDgamer1122Posted 2/21/2013 11:15:36 PM
You didn't get it free from psn hack outrage?

I already had it on disc, so I got Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD instead.

I also had LBP on disc, so that was out, too. I forget what the 5th game was, but I didn't have it.
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#37blazin640Posted 2/21/2013 11:58:09 PM(edited)
Snovvbub posted...
blazin640 posted...
Snovvbub posted...
It's mentioned repeatedly throughout inFAMOUS 1 that Cole and Trish were going to get married very soon, most notoriously in the fight against Kessler.

Cole really believed that was going to happen? He has super powers and is targeted. That life would have never happened. He probably realized how foolish this sounded after that two week break. He also hit on Nix/Kuo most likely to either mend his broken heart (which was a bad idea). Plus Cole is still human. We all need love.

He believed it could go back to normal, and then Trish died, and reality crashed on his head.

That's why he should be depressed. He had unrealistic expectations of his life post-blast. I don't mean this as an insult, but your post sort of furthers that.

I guess I understand that bit. It makes sense now that you mention it. Still, Kuo and Nix are really bad plot devices, especially since they try to represent Karma. Then it just becomes 'who do I like more?' instead of 'what would make me a better person/ benefit me the most?'

I agree with them being bad plot devices. I hate when games do that. I just hate the morality system in videogames in general. Most times some of the good choices aren't even all that good. Plus it restricts your choice, which life doesnt. Mass Effect is an excellent game, but the morality system killed it. Most of the time you are only gonna go one route.

Games should be modeled like the witcher or walking dead. There is no good or bad choice. Only rewards and consequence.

Morality systems make the game feel to synthetic, even though it already is.
---
There goes my free time