Why smash will always be better than this.

#91SerpitPosted 2/22/2013 3:50:43 PM
ApolloJusticeAA posted...
Has anyone considered that maybe we are getting marth/ike mixed with the real clones marth and Roy.

Now i admit it has been some years since i last played melee but if my memory still serves(and i hope it does) did marth and roy have almost exactly the same moveset with their only difference being that all of marth's moves dealt more damage if you could hit your opponent with the tip where as roy's broad sword needed to be more towards the middle?

Their moves in general had different properties, but yeah, they were clones.
---
The game is a lie: http://stilldelayed.ytmnd.com/
Everybody do the Overdrive! http://i.imgur.com/MMl5G.jpg
#92ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/22/2013 4:22:57 PM
judgementaeon posted...
Has anyone considered that maybe we are getting marth/ike mixed with the real clones marth and Roy.

Now i admit it has been some years since i last played melee but if my memory still serves(and i hope it does) did marth and roy have almost exactly the same moveset with their only difference being that all of marth's moves dealt more damage if you could hit your opponent with the tip where as roy's broad sword needed to be more towards the middle?

Correct ^_^ I loved, loved, LOVED Roy though XD but now I like Eliwood more lol

He is the one from the gba? my bro is the fire eblem fan i just play a mean marth in melee and brawl
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#93judgementaeonPosted 2/22/2013 4:24:02 PM
judgementaeon posted...

Correct ^_^ I loved, loved, LOVED Roy though XD but now I like Eliwood more lol

He is the one from the gba? my bro is the fire eblem fan i just play a mean marth in melee and brawl

Yep, that's him ^_^
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
Soooo borrreed >_<
#94RainbowsaurusPosted 2/22/2013 4:26:08 PM
Dang, I keep on telling myself to pick up an FE game just because of how much I like Marth, but then I always forget :x
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#95judgementaeonPosted 2/22/2013 4:26:50 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Dang, I keep on telling myself to pick up an FE game just because of how much I like Marth, but then I always forget :x

There's Shadow Dragon on the DS ^_^
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
Soooo borrreed >_<
#96ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/22/2013 4:36:28 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...

I know i am not a fan of tactical movement games and could never really get into FE's permadeath style of gaming. however the new one for the 3DS seems interesting enough
---
#97Father_Time89Posted 2/22/2013 5:10:51 PM
ChrisObama posted...
judgementaeon posted...
ChrisObama posted...
I know yall wanted to hear some more of that truth

1. Ringouts. With them adding the supers only kills it made alot of people turned off thus the reason why this game flopped.If your going to copy smash why not copy everything and still add your own elements. Not only that but smash is more casual friendly than this game. Its confusing when you never played this game and dont know what super to use.

2. Roster. The roster in smash is wayyyy wayyy better than this game. I mean they have snake so that automatically makes it better Another reason why this game flopped because stupidbot failed to give the fans what they want instead of fp and donte.

3. Repetitiveness. This game gets boring way to fast. As I said before bland menus, repetitive music, lack of modes, boring arcade. Even the people that really like this game can admit this game gets boring and repetitive way to fast.

But thats all I could of thought for now. This game will always be a poor mans smash and this game will always be the runner ups behind smash.

*sigh* Smash...does NOT...own the party fighter genre...
And to be honest, I HATED the ringout system, plus online's worse than this game's...

Sweetheart smash revolution the party brawler. It made it more mainstream and withouth smash I doubt this game would of exist.

So what? It doesn't mean it can't be surpassed.

I honestly like Smash Brothers more, but it being popular doesn't make it good. It's good on it's own.
#98HabefietPosted 2/22/2013 5:38:29 PM

A, that in itself is a big difference

B, the amount that this changes for their combos and whatnot is gargantuan, it does not just change their spacing

C, this is not in fact the only difference, ex. Marth's down-tilt sends the opponent out and down and Roy's pops them up into the air, their sword hitboxes are not just oriented differently in terms of damage/hitstun but also knockback trajectory. Also the fact that some of Roy's moves have fire properties that Marth's don't, and etc. etc.

D, their physical properties (dash speed, weight and fall speed, air speed, etc.) are different, albeit not by much but it makes a difference

E, FWIW hitting with the most damaging spot isn't always the best move. Ex. Marth sometimes wants to hit with the weak part of his up-air, near the hilt, rather than the hilt, because it keeps them in hitstun but keeps them close enough to the ground that he can grab them when he lands, or up-tilt or something. Hitting with the strong part of the up-air at various percents on various characters will send them too far away for a guaranteed follow-up

Man Roy is so bad, poor son of a gun, it's like they took all the things that made Marth good and tweaked them so that they weren't, rofl

tl;dr: The basic premise of your statement (Marth wants tip, Roy wants hilt), is accurate, but it's not the only difference between them as characters or even between their movesets in general.

I don't expect most people to know most of this, or really to care either, but yay for spreading information :D

Ask me about all things Melee and I'll do what I can to answer

You can ask about 64 and Brawl too, but I don't know as much about 64 and I dislike Brawl and don't watch or participate in Brawl tourneys, sooo
#99ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/22/2013 6:00:19 PM
Habefiet posted...

A, that in itself is a big difference

B, the amount that this changes for their combos and whatnot is gargantuan, it does not just change their spacing

C, this is not in fact the only difference, ex. Marth's down-tilt sends the opponent out and down and Roy's pops them up into the air, their sword hitboxes are not just oriented differently in terms of damage/hitstun but also knockback trajectory. Also the fact that some of Roy's moves have fire properties that Marth's don't, and etc. etc.

D, their physical properties (dash speed, weight and fall speed, air speed, etc.) are different, albeit not by much but it makes a difference

E, FWIW hitting with the most damaging spot isn't always the best move. Ex. Marth sometimes wants to hit with the weak part of his up-air, near the hilt, rather than the hilt, because it keeps them in hitstun but keeps them close enough to the ground that he can grab them when he lands, or up-tilt or something. Hitting with the strong part of the up-air at various percents on various characters will send them too far away for a guaranteed follow-up

Man Roy is so bad, poor son of a gun, it's like they took all the things that made Marth good and tweaked them so that they weren't, rofl

tl;dr: The basic premise of your statement (Marth wants tip, Roy wants hilt), is accurate, but it's not the only difference between them as characters or even between their movesets in general.

I don't expect most people to know most of this, or really to care either, but yay for spreading information :D

Ask me about all things Melee and I'll do what I can to answer

You can ask about 64 and Brawl too, but I don't know as much about 64 and I dislike Brawl and don't watch or participate in Brawl tourneys, sooo

While i did actually read all of this it sounds to me that basically marth and roy kinda like luigi and mario fall into the shoto clone category i explained a few pages back that no one decided to read. There is nothing inherently wrong with making shoto clone style characters either it's just kinda how some characters(especially two that represent sword styles from the same series) will end up. like good and evil cole
---
#100Charizard18Posted 2/22/2013 6:02:27 PM
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640