This game just got me $25.60 at Gamestop...

#21RainbowsaurusPosted 2/24/2013 9:08:16 AM
flame030191 posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Lol, $25 isn't even that much. Not when one of the games alone cost $20 used.

I think hes saying the game alone is $25 trade in credit.

Its plausible. Due to the 50% extra credit right now, Dead Space 3 (on sale for $40) trades in for almost $30

Even then, this game is still nearly $40 used. It just doesn't seem worth it, imo. Then again, it's gamestop.
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#22DB-RBPosted 2/24/2013 9:09:34 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...
You traded in a bunch of great-decent games for the $60 popular flavor of the month?

Sorry, but I can't say you made a good choice.

This. I'll keep my good games and wait until Tomb Raider hits the bargain bin. Shouldn't take that long I would think.

trust me, it won't hit the bargain bin. The game already made a million dollars on preorders alone.
---
The official Drake, Toro, Emmett, and Sir Dan of the PSASBR boards.
#23DB-RBPosted 2/24/2013 9:10:02 AM
Grizzle1981 posted...
I just traded it in today (along with Brutal Legend, Ico/Sotc, and Alice: Madness Returns). In exchange, I know have Tomb Raider completely paid for.

I got an email saying they're paying out $25.60 for the game. I got the last few trophies I needed to get to 100% and cashed in.

This post is not intended to say the game is bad in any way ... just saying if you were getting bored with it (like I was), you have a great opportunity to think of.

now*
---
The official Drake, Toro, Emmett, and Sir Dan of the PSASBR boards.
#24Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 1:27:09 PM
To clairify a few things:

1. PSABR is $25 by itself. For the collection of games I traded in, I got near $60.

2. PSABR was starting to feel a bit old to me already so might as well cash in. I already got all the trophies and online play was rather repetitive (hating Kat and Graves).
Alice gets old really fast. About 2 play throughs are all you can take and the original game plays rough on PS3.
Brutal Legend was more of a bait and switch for me. Played the demo thinking it was an action/adventure game but then it turned into Tower Defense. I hate Tower Defense. I at least beat it.
ICO ... once you get all the trophies (specifically beating the game in under 2 hours) there is no challenge left to it. Mastering something really takes the fun out of it.
SotC ... similar here. Once you've gotten to a point where you've collected all thr fruit and killed all the lizards and mastered each Colossi, ... what's left to accomplish?

Why should I keep games that have no challenge left or feel boring to me.

Oh ... and lastly, to the person who said "trading in at gamestop. lol". Which is funnier? You paying full price for Tomb Raider when it comes out or me getting rid of things that are doing nothing but collecting dust (and won't be doing anything but that) and getting Tomb Raider for free? And when/if it's day comes, I'll get some money for Tomb Raider as well. The gift that keeps giving.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#25NewMoonShadowPosted 2/24/2013 4:00:52 PM(edited)
Grizzle1981 posted...
Oh ... and lastly, to the person who said "trading in at gamestop. lol". Which is funnier? You paying full price for Tomb Raider when it comes out or me getting rid of things that are doing nothing but collecting dust (and won't be doing anything but that) and getting Tomb Raider for free? And when/if it's day comes, I'll get some money for Tomb Raider as well. The gift that keeps giving.

The thing is you could get more than $25 for it selling virtually anywhere else. Hell go on eBay or something and mark it down $5 from the current price of a new copy, you'll get someone who'll want it. GameStop is notorious for paying a fraction of what a game is worth and then charging 95% to the next person who buys it, and that's being GENEROUS. The next person who buys it is gonna pay 38 dollars for it.

The game is 40 dollars new. you could've charged 35 for it simply selling it yourself instead of trading it in. Yes, you got ripped off. It's what they do.
#26ghettorevivalPosted 2/24/2013 4:53:35 PM
tomb raider dude
#27ChronoCactaurPosted 2/24/2013 5:45:52 PM
I feel I should elaborate that i wasen't championing the games he opted to trade-in, just that to trade that quantity just to get one "flavor of the month" that, as mentioned, will be half price within a month of release.

The only games I bother trading-in for are Nintendo titles, since 90% of them take years to drop in price without utilizing coupons. If you were trading these games in for, say, a Smash 4 pre-order, a Pikmin 3 pre-order, or even a Pokemon X/Y pre-order, I would argue it's at least a "decent" transaction.

But I think the fact you're willing to get rid of those games for that price shows that you're already invested in the flavor of the month, so I'll leave you to it.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#28Retroxgamer0Posted 2/26/2013 12:33:45 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Grizzle1981 posted...

The thing is you could get more than $25 for it selling virtually anywhere else. Hell go on eBay or something and mark it down $5 from the current price of a new copy, you'll get someone who'll want it. GameStop is notorious for paying a fraction of what a game is worth and then charging 95% to the next person who buys it, and that's being GENEROUS. The next person who buys it is gonna pay 38 dollars for it.

The game is 40 dollars new. you could've charged 35 for it simply selling it yourself instead of trading it in. Yes, you got ripped off. It's what they do.

actually ebay only gets you roughly 25 bucks for ps battle used without the vita voucher code as well...plus you have to ship it, wait, and pay ebay marketting fees...
#29Retroxgamer0Posted 2/26/2013 12:34:18 AM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
flame030191 posted...
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Lol, $25 isn't even that much. Not when one of the games alone cost $20 used.

I think hes saying the game alone is $25 trade in credit.

Its plausible. Due to the 50% extra credit right now, Dead Space 3 (on sale for $40) trades in for almost $30

Even then, this game is still nearly $40 used. It just doesn't seem worth it, imo. Then again, it's gamestop.

only at gamestop. its like 25 bucks used on ebay.
#30EnyalbPosted 2/26/2013 4:13:43 AM
Grizzle1981 posted...
Why should I keep games that have no challenge left or feel boring to me.

Does a game really need to be that much of a challenge to be considered enjoyable? Boring is one thing, but games can be fun without you playing 10 hours to beat a single boss.
---
* Insert witty anime/video game reference here *
PSN ID: BLAYNEproject