This game just got me $25.60 at Gamestop...

#31SoaD0031Posted 2/26/2013 8:51:01 AM
$25 sounds great to me. I already quit playing this terrible game a month ago. I'm pretty pumped for Injustice and I'm sure a lot of people will be moving on to it.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#32tlcstormzPosted 2/26/2013 10:59:40 AM
Is this child TRULY saying "lol, Shadow of the Colussus and Ico are no longer challenging / fun / meaningful to me."

I mean...WTF? Would you trade in the Mona Lisa after you've looked at the painting for too long? Lord.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#33rahmed51387Posted 2/26/2013 12:40:14 PM
tlcstormz posted...
Is this child TRULY saying "lol, Shadow of the Colussus and Ico are no longer challenging / fun / meaningful to me."

I mean...WTF? Would you trade in the Mona Lisa after you've looked at the painting for too long? Lord.

Bad comparison to make. To me, I understand his reasoning because he's playing the games for their gameplay itself, and it is the same reason I keep the games that I own. He's accomplished everything that the games have to offer in terms of playing them, and if he deems if they are no longer useful to him, he will get rid of it. Whether or not he's getting the most out of it as he possibly can is completely his opinion.

Is SotC a wonderful experience? I believe so. I could also make the same argument for Journey, for example. Yet both titles have people complaining that you don't do much in them. It's a different perceived value. Some people would prefer to keep it as a reminder of their experience with it. Others may see it as they've had the experience, can recall it later, and may not need a physical reminder of it. It may come back to bite him if he decides he wants to play it again, but that's his decision to make.

In your case, trading the Mona Lisa may actually be appealing to some people. It's not like there's a scarcity in viewing the picture in the first place, and most people usually use paintings as decoration instead of try to analyze things like its brush style, etc. (I don't know jack about art, so forgive me). If I find there's no reason to keep something, why should I let it clutter what I deem is worth my time?

If anything, I'd say get off your high horse. You have no reason to call him a child if he has his own reasons for his actions just because they don't agree with what you would do.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#34tlcstormzPosted 2/26/2013 12:55:06 PM
rahmed51387 posted...
tlcstormz posted...

Bad comparison to make. To me, I understand his reasoning because he's playing the games for their gameplay itself, and it is the same reason I keep the games that I own. He's accomplished everything that the games have to offer in terms of playing them, and if he deems if they are no longer useful to him, he will get rid of it. Whether or not he's getting the most out of it as he possibly can is completely his opinion.

Is SotC a wonderful experience? I believe so. I could also make the same argument for Journey, for example. Yet both titles have people complaining that you don't do much in them. It's a different perceived value. Some people would prefer to keep it as a reminder of their experience with it. Others may see it as they've had the experience, can recall it later, and may not need a physical reminder of it. It may come back to bite him if he decides he wants to play it again, but that's his decision to make.

In your case, trading the Mona Lisa may actually be appealing to some people. It's not like there's a scarcity in viewing the picture in the first place, and most people usually use paintings as decoration instead of try to analyze things like its brush style, etc. (I don't know jack about art, so forgive me). If I find there's no reason to keep something, why should I let it clutter what I deem is worth my time?

If anything, I'd say get off your high horse. You have no reason to call him a child if he has his own reasons for his actions just because they don't agree with what you would do.

Just as easily as I could say "if anything, mind your own business."

He gave his opinion for something. I found that reason to be lacking in maturity and culture. Something you'd expect of someone who has not fully experienced life, yet. There are much WORSE things that I could have called him, but I did not, because I am not into the name calling thing on the internet. I guess I should have said 'this person must be very young physically OR mentally," instead of saying "this child." I figured people would infer my point though. I digress.....
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#35rahmed51387Posted 2/26/2013 1:17:11 PM
tlcstormz posted...
Just as easily as I could say "if anything, mind your own business."

He gave his opinion for something. I found that reason to be lacking in maturity and culture. Something you'd expect of someone who has not fully experienced life, yet. There are much WORSE things that I could have called him, but I did not, because I am not into the name calling thing on the internet. I guess I should have said 'this person must be very young physically OR mentally," instead of saying "this child." I figured people would infer my point though. I digress.....

Oh, I inferred your point just fine. It's the overall attitude of supposed personal superiority that the posts exude that bugs me. Personal quip, I suppose.

It's even funnier saying that the TC was mostly talking about the value of this game, and the majority of posts in here are more concerned with the fact he traded in Ico/SotC instead.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#36Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 5:33:23 PM
tlcstormz posted...

Child? Boy, I could care less if you thought I was a child or your grandpa. The fact of the matter is, I've played it so much that I no longer consider it fun. What is the point of a "game" if it isn't "fun"?

And the Mona Lisa isn't something that interests me, so yes I probably would sell it and turn it into a very lucrative business transaction ... just like I did with the games I traded in. So thanks for the perfect analogy.

Enyalb posted...
Grizzle1981 posted...
Why should I keep games that have no challenge left or feel boring to me.

Does a game really need to be that much of a challenge to be considered enjoyable? Boring is one thing, but games can be fun without you playing 10 hours to beat a single boss.

I don't understand your argument here. The game got boring because there was no challenge left to it. When every move is easily predicted to the point of playing by reflex because I've bested said giant multiple times, where do I turn to for entertainment. My PS3 is an entertainment system. If the software I select to entertain me no longer does so, what then is it's purpose? To collect dust for the sake of nostalgia? I'd rather profit from it than have it waste space. ICO/SotC are beautiful games with their graphics and slowly unraveled stories. The problem is, their stories in the long run are rather short and simple. The meat of the game is taking in the scenery while you move between plot points. It's a visual medium not a narrative one.

Also, for the comment above about Ebay ... everyone knows that if you want to sell something on Ebay you missed your chance to turn a real profit by years. Ebay is only a buyers market now. The only people that move product are stores or people looking to get market value on most things.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#37EurashalPosted 3/1/2013 5:39:30 PM
DB-RB posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...
You traded in a bunch of great-decent games for the $60 popular flavor of the month?

Sorry, but I can't say you made a good choice.

This. I'll keep my good games and wait until Tomb Raider hits the bargain bin. Shouldn't take that long I would think.

trust me, it won't hit the bargain bin. The game already made a million dollars on preorders alone.

Not sure about the US, but in the UK it'll be 20 (half the price) within a few weeks. Square Enix games tend to do this (FFXIII-2 was about 10 in some places a few months post launch, and Hitman was 20 by the end of November).
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#38AngelSkulzPosted 3/1/2013 5:40:54 PM
Whoa, if we talking about cash 25.60 instead of credits. I am ready to trade this in right now. Should give my Gamestop a call.
---
If you have a mediocre connection, don't bother playing online.
#39AngelSkulzPosted 3/1/2013 5:53:07 PM
Ew, just gave a call and they only offer 16.50 trade ins only. Called Best Buy and they're only taking it for 6 dollars. Guess Craigslist is the only best bet.
---
If you have a mediocre connection, don't bother playing online.
#40diebuster2Posted 3/1/2013 6:12:48 PM
Stopped reading at Ico/SOTC.
---
EA: "Our customers enjoy and embrace micro-transactions."
Kim Jung Un: "Our citizens love living here in North Korea."