Live-streaming PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

#11wwinterj25Posted 2/24/2013 9:50:33 AM(edited)
LightEcoSage posted...
Logically in terms of business, a game must sell over 1,000,000 copies in order to have a chance at a sequel. I think there has been exceptions sometimes, but I don't know in all stars case.

All that matters is that the game has hit Sonys target in order to make a sequel as that would make it profitable. We don't know what Sonys target was but personally I'd think/believe it was enough as there target couldn't have been that high been as the game was released alongside big names. Only time will tell if we see a sequel but to me I believe it will. Sony just need to invest more cash into it and get the characters first and foremost.

Back on topic I like this idea.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#12IcyFlamez96Posted 2/24/2013 9:55:01 AM
I want a GameFAQs guy to host GameFAQs only streams.
---
[Not changing sig until a Ratchet and Clank I can be hyped for is announced.]
"You have to learn how to learn before you can learn." - blaze19_0X
#13blaze19_0XPosted 2/24/2013 10:01:58 AM(edited)
The reason Brawl and Melee are streamed frequently is because there are frequent offline tournaments for them including minor and major ones. For instance, there's one going on right now as I type this.

The reason there are hardly any for PSASBR is because there are hardly any offline PSASBR tournaments.

It's as simple as that. This game's competitive scene is near non-existant. It's been largely rejected both by the FGC and the Smash community.
#14GreenWildBeastPosted 2/24/2013 10:03:33 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Logically in terms of business, a game must sell over 1,000,000 copies in order to have a chance at a sequel. I think there has been exceptions sometimes, but I don't know in all stars case.

All that matters is that the game has hit Sonys target in order to make a sequel as that would make it profitable. We don't know what Sonys target was but personally I'd think/believe it was enough as there target couldn't have been that high been as the game was released alongside big names. Only time will tell if we see a sequel but to me I believe it will. Sony just need to invest more cash into it and get the characters first and foremost.

As you said, I'm pretty sure the game hit their target.

I think they had a low budget for development since there was almost no marketing. If I'm right, something like 500K copies could very well be above their expectations.
#15blaze19_0XPosted 2/24/2013 10:03:55 AM
Dreamsaber posted...
Streams would be nice, although the sad thing is it might be too ambitious right now. I still have trouble just finding regular videos on youtube (ClashTournaments is an interesting account, though)

Clashtournaments is ran by a person named ChiboSempai and even Chibo seems to have given up on PSASBR. He likes the game (he's said this many times) but he can't force the game at events if it doesn't garner much interest.

It was at a few tournaments back when the game was new he streamed but since then it's really dropped off.

Chibo is one of the most prominent Smash streamers right now. The game really could have used his expoosure.
#16blaze19_0XPosted 2/24/2013 10:07:16 AM
GreenWildBeast posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

I think they had a low budget for development since there was almost no marketing. If I'm right, something like 500K copies could very well be above their expectations.

This is beyond delusional.

If the game hit target sales Sony would not have dropped Superbot. It makes no sense to layoff a studio that's making you money.

Omar was saying Superbot would have news in March about upcoming PSASBR content a mere WEEK before they were all layed off.

This is proof he probably didn't see it coming. And of course there's the Abe fiasco (again the DLC wouldn't have been cancelled if Sony was happy with Superbot).

Really, there's no use denying this game was a massive flop.
#17LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:18:24 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
GreenWildBeast posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

This is beyond delusional.

If the game hit target sales Sony would not have dropped Superbot. It makes no sense to layoff a studio that's making you money.

Omar was saying Superbot would have news in March about upcoming PSASBR content a mere WEEK before they were all layed off.

This is proof he probably didn't see it coming. And of course there's the Abe fiasco (again the DLC wouldn't have been cancelled if Sony was happy with Superbot).

Really, there's no use denying this game was a massive flop.

I'm with this. I believe it was a flop as well but not massive flop.
---
Y'all are blocked. Y'all know who y'all are. Don't reply to me like I can actually see what you're saying and that you are winning some type of argument.
#18DreamsaberPosted 2/24/2013 10:37:36 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
Streams would be nice, although the sad thing is it might be too ambitious right now. I still have trouble just finding regular videos on youtube (ClashTournaments is an interesting account, though)

Clashtournaments is ran by a person named ChiboSempai and even Chibo seems to have given up on PSASBR. He likes the game (he's said this many times) but he can't force the game at events if it doesn't garner much interest.

It was at a few tournaments back when the game was new he streamed but since then it's really dropped off.

Chibo is one of the most prominent Smash streamers right now. The game really could have used his expoosure.
I'm pretty sure the videos are still up.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#19blaze19_0XPosted 2/24/2013 10:39:22 AM
Dreamsaber posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Dreamsaber posted...

I never said they weren't but those are all really old for the most part. There are no recent videos because there haven't been any offline PSASBR tournaments lately in that area.
#20DreamsaberPosted 2/24/2013 11:03:11 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Dreamsaber posted...

I never said they weren't but those are all really old for the most part. There are no recent videos because there haven't been any offline PSASBR tournaments lately in that area.
Oh, yeah, I agree, I was commenting purely on finding basic video.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3