You know what stage is really stupid?

#1hellfire000Posted 2/25/2013 1:54:15 AM
All of them. Background effects should not affect a match so direly, ESPECIALLY not in rank. The plain stage and Dojo are the only good ones and a few others are ok too.
---
No one has the balls to fight these days. It's all about zoning & full screen fireballs
#2kingtracePosted 2/25/2013 2:04:58 AM
Pssh, if you're getting hit into the wall on Fearless, the golf balls on Sand Over, the hydras in Metropolis, or any of the other Hazards, you must be blind. The Negivitron is basically the only one that's hard to get away from.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#3hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 2:08:13 AM
The point is, you are more likely to get struck by a super (or saved) due to the obstacles of the stage
---
No one has the balls to fight these days. It's all about zoning & full screen fireballs
#4Dsurions_WrathPosted 2/25/2013 2:09:09 AM
The only one I truly have a difficult time avoiding is Hades, mainly due to getting distracted by the fighting and in comparison to most of the other hazards his doesn't exactly have a very obvious warning.
---
GT: Dsurion21
#5kingtracePosted 2/25/2013 2:09:31 AM
Uh huh. So because you can't your ass out of the way, and you also decided to start your supers when a Hydra is twitching, Hades is striking, or giant read crosshairs appear on the screen, and your opponents aren't that dumb, the hazards are stupid?
---
#6kingtracePosted 2/25/2013 2:11:20 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
The only one I truly have a difficult time avoiding is Hades, mainly due to getting distracted by the fighting and in comparison to most of the other hazards his doesn't exactly have a very obvious warning.

I find that Hades gives some strong clues. He'll bring his head down to stare at you, arc his arms up, and then bring them down for the strike. During the Patapon segments it's even easier, because if he's not turned towards the Patapon he's going to attack you.
---
#7ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/25/2013 2:20:34 AM
kingtrace posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

I find that Hades gives some strong clues. He'll bring his head down to stare at you, arc his arms up, and then bring them down for the strike. During the Patapon segments it's even easier, because if he's not turned towards the Patapon he's going to attack you.

Or you can just wait for his laugh.
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#8hellfire000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 2:22:16 AM
Remember Smash Bros? How successful was that? You can focus on the match to a finer degree if you're not too busy keeping an eye out for colossal beings' eye twitches.

-INB4 claimer says: "If u were good, u could pay attention to the match AND the background"
---
#9boy_luckPosted 2/25/2013 2:27:22 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

Hades basically telegraphs it. It's one of the most obvious, imo.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#10wwinterj25Posted 2/25/2013 2:33:27 AM
hellfire000 posted...
Remember Smash Bros? How successful was that? You can focus on the match to a finer degree if you're not too busy keeping an eye out for colossal beings' eye twitches.

Right. In that case no brawler game ever should try and do something different but just copy Smash. Forget been original.

You can always play in versus match without hazards so if you don't like them get some buddys(online or off) and play that. Personally, while some are annoying I do enjoy them and like the concept. The same can be said for the Super system. To me it makes the game different from Smash and I think that was the point. Choice is always good and I wouldn't want a carbon copy of Smash.

It's also worth noting Smash(the first in the series) was something new and fresh so a guaranteed success. It didn't have all it has now that came in sequels so to compare them both is a little stupid.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj