I think Sir Daniel is extremely underrated.

#1Pink_a_DinkPosted 2/25/2013 11:55:56 AM
His moveset is really great. Even if people think he's too slow, he really isn't. His axe (probably his move helpful move) has great zoning and can keep people at distance and even stop them mid combo if the axe hits them on its way back. Its what I always use for Kat's and Raiden's. His green hand has full distance and in 2 v 2s it can be a huge asset especially if they're busy attacking or getting attacked by your partner. His fire is a good way to control the map in portions because it doesn't go when stepped on, its on a timer, and gives you quite a good number of ap at a time. Especially if you use it and step on it yourself and your opponents come to attack you. You'll be getting easy ap off them. His hammer has a decent radius and is really fast so most people never see it coming. His side triangle can ram through people quite easily (I think it has a super shield but I don't know for sure) I usually get at least 2 people easily with it. And, his down square in mid air is extremely helpful because of the knock back it causes giving you time to combo them, and it has huge radius. His AP gain is pretty awesome. His supers aren't THAT bad either. People don't tech out of his level 1 super as much as they say they do. Even level 999 players half the time get caught in it. And in levels with slops and platforms you don't even need to combo into it, good timing always gets me kills with it. His level 2 usually nets me 2 kills. His level 3 is good for small maps, but in big maps I can never manage to get more than 3 kills (this is all based on 2v2 games).

That's just my two cents on Sir Daniel!
---
My PSN is Internoob. Send me a request if you want to play anything! (: Just put your GameFaqs name in the request so I know who I'm adding lol.
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 2/25/2013 11:57:20 AM
Dan is the most slept on character along with Radec imo they both have alot going for them.
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#3LightEcoSagePosted 2/25/2013 12:03:27 PM(edited)
I didn't read that all, but according to your title i'm just going to say you are exactly right. Extremely underrated.
---
Y'all are blocked. Y'all know who y'all are. Don't reply to me like I can actually see what you're saying and that you are winning some type of argument.
#4NDgamer1122Posted 2/25/2013 12:04:56 PM
I don't think his moveset, speed, and AP gain were ever the problem. It's just his freaking bottom tier supers. Say what you will about the uses of Sir Dan's level 1, as it simply has too few things going for it to truly be on par with most other level 1s. His level 2 can work, but it's really hit and miss, and unreliability is bad. Also, everyone's level 3 (aside from screen nukes) are better in smaller stages. Sir Dan simply has a much bigger gap in disadvantages with his level 3 on larger stages.

Honestly, just fix his supers, and bam, instantly mid-high tier.
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#5Trigger_MonkeyPosted 2/25/2013 12:11:16 PM
I appreciate someone else liking my main. My sir dan is 999. Anyway, he is really mid-low tier due to the lackluster supers that rely on the arrow as a hit confirm. However, he still has plenty of uses and is a solid character.
---
Sid the Sloth for Playstation Allstars.
#6CrabhammarPosted 2/25/2013 12:21:20 PM
If he had ONE Level 1 HC, he'd be god.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamSamoas
#7GameplayZeroPosted 2/25/2013 12:27:39 PM
Crabhammar posted...

with that AP gain? Hell yeah.

Just imagine if Spike and Big Daddy had one reliable one.
#8CrabhammarPosted 2/25/2013 12:31:47 PM
GameplayZero posted...
Crabhammar posted...

with that AP gain? Hell yeah.

Just imagine if Spike and Big Daddy had one reliable one.

Spike's air Down Triangle is pretty reliable for me. But yeah, it would be crazy lol.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamSamoas
#9KindertotenwaldPosted 2/25/2013 12:33:16 PM
Crabhammar posted...

He has afew?
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#10GameplayZeroPosted 2/25/2013 12:49:47 PM(edited)
Kindertotenwald posted...
Crabhammar posted...

He has afew?

he meant a brain dead one like Evil Coles that can't be avoided.