With the price being reasonable now, thinking of getting this... however

#1ZignoffPosted 2/26/2013 5:32:52 PM
As the game is more or less a shallower version SSBB, (stop trying to say it isn't, it is it's basically the same game, it's like saying Rage isn't a shallow watered down borderlands, it's basically the same damn game except no NG+ or CONTENT :/)

I was wondering if the Single player content is worth enough for this price? SSBB had alot of good single player content and a lot of fun modes and unlockables, I know this doesn;t have close to that amount of content, but I have read about some of it, but most talk about versus, which I'm not a fan of, which is another reason some of my favorite fighting games are ones like SSBB, Soul Caliber 3, and Guilty Gear/Blazblue which offer alot of content for single player.

Does the game offer enough fun for a single player experience or is it just best to avoid?
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#2BkzUziPosted 2/26/2013 5:33:35 PM
Hahaha who buys fighters and brawlers to play alone. lol
#3Pink_a_DinkPosted 2/26/2013 5:33:42 PM
I stopped reading at "SSBB". Seriously, people still compare this game to that? -___-

But yes, get it.
---
My PSN is Internoob. Send me a request if you want to play anything! (: Just put your GameFaqs name in the request so I know who I'm adding lol.
#4NarrasandPosted 2/26/2013 5:34:41 PM
>You don't have the game
>You are judging it
Yeah naw.....If you actually played it they are nothing alike they have very few things in common.
---
PSN:narrasand436
The Official Sanic The Haghog of every board ever.
#5An_Unkind_RGNPosted 2/26/2013 5:35:05 PM
Well I surely did not buy SSBB for The Subspace Emissary.

I bought it to play with friends both online and in real life... too bad the online was crap.
---
Make a sword. Name it Kindness. Kill Something. Congratulations. You killed them with kindness.
~Kingdom Hearts Sucks. Disney too. Hate My Opinions.~
#6CrabhammarPosted 2/26/2013 5:35:58 PM
Narrasand posted...
>You don't have the game
>You are judging it
Yeah naw.....If you actually played it they are nothing alike they have very few things in common.

---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamSamoas
#7kingtracePosted 2/26/2013 5:36:30 PM
It's nothing like Smash besides the concept. The gameplay is entirely different.

Single player sucks, though.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#8DavidgraymanPosted 2/26/2013 5:37:04 PM
The single player sucks, like any fighting game (not an excuse though)
Online is dope though lacking modes and stuff
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#9mtKing52Posted 2/26/2013 5:38:45 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Narrasand posted...
>You don't have the game
>You are judging it

---
PSN: mtKing52
#10DireProphecyPosted 2/26/2013 5:50:00 PM
The only reason we're all here is because we think the game is FUN. For the people who don't... why are they here? Anyways the single player, or offline mode, sucks and the game isn't worth getting for that. The online is horrible, has lots of glitches, bad servers, bad netcodes, and even freezes up enough to make me have to manually reset my ps3 at least once a day (not good for your hard drive). However, when none of those things occur, you can consider yourself lucky and enjoy the online matchmaking.
---
Drakes Moveset limits him on what he can do. Barrel, AK, slide and hit. He doesn't have much to vary his arsenal. - blazin640