With the price being reasonable now, thinking of getting this... however

#11Zignoff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 7:25:06 PM
I've played the demo and I have seen the gameplay footage, the game is a freaking carbon copy of SSBB, from the super's to the freaking moveset, freaking BUTTON layout is the exact same people, and the movesets function identical come on it similarities are so much the same it's not even funny. It's mind boggling that people cause shut out that fact from their brain is amazing. The game is a SSBB game, it plays in every way shape and form, to ignore that allows companies to rehash the content like this and call it "new" without any innovation.

Seriously the fighting mechanics in a fighting games doesn't determine them as player versus player only content and gameplay, that's basically like saying anything is meant for versus, the fighting mechanics are only the tools in which the game plays, be it single or versus, and a good developer knows that it can be more then just one simple mode.

I sure as hell believe that fighting games need to stop offering limited content at a seriously over priced rate. Fighting games need to evolve just as much as the rest of games, and become more then what they were, offering only arcade and versus and hoping it carries the game is shallow. Seriously why waste 60 bucks on the same crap with balance issues that have to be patched 20 times to get it right or rehash bad expansion at way over priced rates.

If I wanted a fighting game for that, I can find WAY better games that have tons of content and at like 10 bucks or less. Like Alpha 3 :/ I've seen the gameplay, I have tried the demo, and I have literally read dozens of reviews, the game is basically SSBB, plain and simple and should be judge based on that lazy merit they used to half ass it.

A fighting game to lazy to offer proper content to both single and multiplayer is behind the times and needs to stop trying to charge full price for it.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#12GameplayZeroPosted 2/26/2013 7:30:40 PM
Zignoff posted...
I've played the demo and I have seen the gameplay footage, the game is a freaking carbon copy of SSBB, from the super's to the freaking moveset, freaking BUTTON layout is the exact same people, and the movesets function identical come on it similarities are so much the same it's not even funny. It's mind boggling that people cause shut out that fact from their brain is amazing. The game is a SSBB game, it plays in every way shape and form, to ignore that allows companies to rehash the content like this and call it "new" without any innovation.

Seriously the fighting mechanics in a fighting games doesn't determine them as player versus player only content and gameplay, that's basically like saying anything is meant for versus, the fighting mechanics are only the tools in which the game plays, be it single or versus, and a good developer knows that it can be more then just one simple mode.

I sure as hell believe that fighting games need to stop offering limited content at a seriously over priced rate. Fighting games need to evolve just as much as the rest of games, and become more then what they were, offering only arcade and versus and hoping it carries the game is shallow. Seriously why waste 60 bucks on the same crap with balance issues that have to be patched 20 times to get it right or rehash bad expansion at way over priced rates.

If I wanted a fighting game for that, I can find WAY better games that have tons of content and at like 10 bucks or less. Like Alpha 3 :/ I've seen the gameplay, I have tried the demo, and I have literally read dozens of reviews, the game is basically SSBB, plain and simple and should be judge based on that lazy merit they used to half ass it.

A fighting game to lazy to offer proper content to both single and multiplayer is behind the times and needs to stop trying to charge full price for it.

Demo? Whatever you are smoking give me some of that.

Seriously.........
#13SavageTrooperPosted 2/26/2013 7:32:16 PM
Zignoff posted...

The game is not full price, its $40. Probably even cheaper.
---
PSASBR: SIR DAN SINCE THE BEGINNING BABY!
PSN: SAVAGETROOPER
#14Pink_a_DinkPosted 2/26/2013 7:32:53 PM
Zignoff posted...

Lmao. First of all, SSBB didn't have 3 different super's, nor did it have as many buttons as this game does. SSBB had one button that did basic attacks that everyone has, and one button that was the characters special attacks plus the 3 directions you can use those attacks in. (and the game used UP to jump, which is very annoying). This game has 3 different attack buttons plus 3 different supers plus an in depth combo system. In this game, you win by getting points by beating up your opponents until your super meter gets filled so you can kill them using one of your 3 supers. In SSBB, you win by simply knocking your opponents out of the ring. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Your first paragraph alone is absurd.

I don't even know what the heck you're trying to point out here, so I'll just skip it.

All fighting games, scratch that, ALL GAMES offer DLC after release. This game doesn't "just have" arcade and versus. It also has challenges you can do for each character, 3 different modes to play on versus, and a title/icon customization mechanic. And, this game has something SSBB players are jealous of, which is each character gets their own rank and rank points. All fighting games have balance issues, they get fixed after a while. It wasn't a waste of 60 bucks, maybe to you but you didn't buy it so don't whine about it.

That's cool, if you wanna buy another fighting game then go for it. But no, its not SSBB nor is it anywhere close to it.

Your last statement was broken beyond belief so I'm not gonna try to make sense of it.

I feel like I wasted 5 minutes of my life even bothering to respond to you, but eh oh well.
---
My PSN is Internoob. Send me a request if you want to play anything! (: Just put your GameFaqs name in the request so I know who I'm adding lol.
#15kingtracePosted 2/26/2013 7:33:08 PM
Zignoff posted...

What? There are three attack buttons in this game, smash has two. In Smash, you kill by knocking people off the stage. In this game, you kill with Super Attacks. In Smash, hits gain percent on your opponent. In this game, you gain AP, to use on your Supers. In Smash, combos are limited due to varying flight distance. In this game, combos are a heavy focus. There are so many differences in this game it's barely comparable.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK