whos the mink?

#21Charizard18Posted 2/27/2013 2:50:41 PM
Haku125 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
soothsayer77 posted...
Haku125 posted...

Everything he has said has been right. Ryu was most likely dropped like abe. Remember the website leak with jin and kazuya and ryu?

Yeh. The one that had those characters photoshopped in? I do. Jin, Kaz, and Ryu were all slipped in and meant nothing.

And I edited my previous post. I didn't mean to imply that he was straight up wrong (even though he was on many things). When I was keeping up with the whole thing, I was saying he was either trolling us or his source was trolling him. But the whole time he was doing this thing the way he presented his info was so weird and sketchy that I'm just amazed anyone believed him whether he was telling the truth or not. He was just as bad about it as Paul Gale.

It is interesting he guessed these DLC characters though. If I had to guess he has "Paul Gale Syndrome" sources. He probably just knows a few people in the industry and gets too excited when they tell him stuff that could very easily change. In the IGN video, Colin says that Seth showed these 2 characters to him a while ago, so it's probably just some press dudes or something.

I do feel like the most likely scenario is that he has a legit source but he's just trolling him. Which is why we should take anything he says with a grain of salt. Anything he says could be true, but it could also turn out to be false. There's no way to tell since his accuracy is so spotty. Like you said, it's like with Paul Gale and his source trolling him as well.

Paul gale had no source. He blatantly lied to all of us. Nothing he has said after leaking the game has been true

His source was just some guy in a focus testing group. He leaked all the beginning details to us and then his source trolled him with the "Paul Gale's final four" thing
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#22Haku125Posted 2/27/2013 2:54:55 PM
Charizard18 posted...
Haku125 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
soothsayer77 posted...
Haku125 posted...

Everything he has said has been right. Ryu was most likely dropped like abe. Remember the website leak with jin and kazuya and ryu?

Yeh. The one that had those characters photoshopped in? I do. Jin, Kaz, and Ryu were all slipped in and meant nothing.

And I edited my previous post. I didn't mean to imply that he was straight up wrong (even though he was on many things). When I was keeping up with the whole thing, I was saying he was either trolling us or his source was trolling him. But the whole time he was doing this thing the way he presented his info was so weird and sketchy that I'm just amazed anyone believed him whether he was telling the truth or not. He was just as bad about it as Paul Gale.

It is interesting he guessed these DLC characters though. If I had to guess he has "Paul Gale Syndrome" sources. He probably just knows a few people in the industry and gets too excited when they tell him stuff that could very easily change. In the IGN video, Colin says that Seth showed these 2 characters to him a while ago, so it's probably just some press dudes or something.

I do feel like the most likely scenario is that he has a legit source but he's just trolling him. Which is why we should take anything he says with a grain of salt. Anything he says could be true, but it could also turn out to be false. There's no way to tell since his accuracy is so spotty. Like you said, it's like with Paul Gale and his source trolling him as well.

Paul gale had no source. He blatantly lied to all of us. Nothing he has said after leaking the game has been true

His source was just some guy in a focus testing group. He leaked all the beginning details to us and then his source trolled him with the "Paul Gale's final four" thing

No HE did that. You are right about the testing group but Paul went from there himself.
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#23Charizard18Posted 2/27/2013 3:01:19 PM
Haku125 posted...
No HE did that. You are right about the testing group but Paul went from there himself.

I'm actually going to agree with you there xD I have a hard time sometimes believing that he was gullible enough to believe Crash Cloud Wander and Snake would be in and tell us that.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#24wwinterj25Posted 2/27/2013 3:04:49 PM
Ergh now these boards have gone back in time. XD
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#25soothsayer77Posted 2/27/2013 3:14:33 PM(edited)
Haku125 posted...

Paul Gale did have a source, but he/she was just early on and had nothing but trolling later on. Even though it was pretty damn obvious, I doubt PG would've just straight up said on his site "Yes Jak/Ratchet are in this game!" without a source to back it up. For the ones he was unsure about, even the gimmies, he used hints. Stupid, stupid hints.

What's to make you think the exact same thing didn't happen to the Mink? Paul Gale knew the whole roster whether thanks to the leak or his source, and same thing with the Mink. Anything after that from both of them was hot garbage until this DLC.

The Mink said we were getting Lightning and Ryu and a number of other things that never happened, while Paul said we were getting Cloud and such. Both of them had information that wasn't correct after the initial roster on about the same level. The only thing the Mink guessed correctly after the initial roster was Kat, and Paul Gale was hinting to her too. Not to mention she was highly requested so it was a pretty obvious guess.

They were both stupid in really similar ways. The only difference is that Paul Gale was a bigger troll because he used it to get traffic to his page. They both probably had valid information at one time, but their excitement got the best of them and led them to spout bull**** that wasn't confirmed, whether it came from an actual source or just them lying it was the same result.

Plus like I said, on the IGN vid they said they showed off these two characters to the press a while ago. It's probably easier to grab this DLC information than it was the core game's info if you simply have friends in the press which shouldn't be too hard, where as the initial roster was further locked down and probably required a source close to the dev team to crack. I could also see The mink probably having an easier time reconciling with his source/s because he didn't have as much hate as PG had behind him.