Eh, more characters is better than less characters I guess.

#1EffectAndCausePosted 2/27/2013 6:33:00 PM(edited)
That's how i'm looking at this. If the major characters we all want were already in (Crash/Spyro/Lara/Cloud/Sora/Snake), i'd be fine with absolutely anyone joining the cast.

However, since they're not, these new characters just feel like salt on the wound since they're so irrelevant.

In Smash Bros. all the major characters are there, so any addition just feels like additional franchise reps, so it's like "Why not?"

With this, it's just like "THAT'S what we get? We're clinging to scraps as it is when it comes to essential PlayStation characters."
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/wbdq12.jpg
#2christiankid7Posted 2/27/2013 6:31:41 PM
True
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#3ChronoCactaurPosted 2/27/2013 6:31:41 PM
Pretty much the feeling I have. They can add all the characters they want, but they should have gotten the bear essentials first.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#4GameplayZeroPosted 2/27/2013 6:32:29 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...
Pretty much the feeling I have. They can add all the characters they want, but they should have gotten the bear essentials first.

which they couldn't because of unknown reasons. Most likely the companies that own them.
#5FishyGoodness12Posted 2/27/2013 6:51:57 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...

I see what you did there
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#6diebuster2Posted 2/27/2013 7:38:29 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...

This. I'm disapponted that the game has continued in the direction of becoming a commercial marketing game rather than celebrate what's great about PS.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#7jebus2477Posted 2/27/2013 8:05:59 PM
GameplayZero posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...

which they couldn't because of unknown reasons. Most likely the companies that own them.

Snake I can understand not being in due to his inclusion in SSBB. The game already is compared enough with out that lingering over it's head

But Crash Bandicoot makes absolutely no sense. Drake & Jak and Daxter both Naughty Dog characters are in this game but not Crash? I may have to double check my facts but unless Naughty Dog sold ALL the rights to the Bandicoot series there's no logical reason for him being absent

While Cloud is a hardsell since only at that point did FF become an exclusive, 7 was definitely a blitzkrieg like maneuver in the console war of that generation. I could honestly see 7 having some representation.

Spyro also poses the same problem that Crash does. Insomniac games made Resistance & Ratchet and Clank as well as Spyro but here we are with no Spyro.

Lara was never really a PS exclusive since Tomb Raider 1 was on both the Saturn and PS

At this rate if I don't get at least Crash Bandicoot & Kevin Butler I'm just gonna stick to playing this game at a friends house and that's about it.
---
JUS FC - 0902-8547-0991