I'd say an RPG rep is out of the question now.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/28/2013 12:06:44 AM
Superbot/SSM has proven they just don't care for them.

All this time I thought it had to do with no recent highly acclaimed RPG being on a PS system. And yes being recent is extremely important to Superbot, Omar flatout implied in an interview they were focusing on recently released games for DLC prospects, they don't care about old school reps.

So I thought that's why there were no RPG reps. But then Persona 4 Golden came around as well as Ni No Kuni. They seriously cover some holes in the roster (RPG rep, Japan rep that'd also appeal to Japanese audiences, magic based character etc.) and I highly doubt Level 5 is any position to not take up the offer, they only would benifet from it as they are struggling.

I was very sure in fact that Oliver from Ni No Kuni had a great chance. It fufilled both the fans and Superbot's criteria. Everyone would win.

But now they've had their chances, the timing couldn't be better (Ni No Kuni came out and this game released in Japan a very short while back) but they obviously do not care.

It's simply not an important genre to them for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they never even approached SE for an RPG rep, maybe just for Lara.
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 2/28/2013 12:12:57 AM(edited)
What are your favorite playstation games? Are you just here because you like fighting games in general? Or maybe this game attracted you since you like Smash? Do you actually care about PS characters?

Just wondering lol. I never see you express any kind of interest in PS games or characters.

/offtopic
---
[Not changing sig until a Ratchet and Clank I can be hyped for is announced.]
"You have to learn how to learn before you can learn." - blaze19_0X
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 2/28/2013 12:20:14 AM
im a big jrpg fan and i think Ni No Kuni absolutely sucks no offense
#4Chzrm3Posted 2/28/2013 12:21:07 AM
Yep, it's sad but true.

Initially, when we heard that this was made by an American team, some people expressed concern that Japanese games would get snubbed. I defended them, saying "It's not true! Americans love all games!"

But it's clear now that Superbot (and whoever else was part of the project) has absolutely no love for JRPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the kind of people that think "RPGs are gay, lolol".

They negotiated with EA, who are a bunch of ball busters, over Level-5, who are darlings and have been happily making games for Playstation for years.

I mean, that's just being masochistic. I'd honestly consider Level-5 "second party", if that makes any sense. Sure, they make games for other consoles, but they clearly love PS and all their most well-known/beloved titles are for Playstation.

But naw, Superbot has to go and negotiate with EA instead. Seriously?

I can't fathom any scenario in any timeline where negotiating with EA for a Dead Space rep was easier than negotiating with Level-5 for a JRPG rep.

And then lolZeus, I mean I'm just being silly now trying to critically analyze what Superbot does. These aren't even thought-out decisions, they just do random stuff and hopes that it saves them from bankruptcy.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#5KindertotenwaldPosted 2/28/2013 12:24:34 AM
Sorry no one wants a child from a weaboo game or a goofy cartoon bear from a japanphile game.

We want good RPG reps like cloud lightning selvaria arc dart etc
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#6blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:29:57 AM(edited)
IcyFlamez96 posted...
What are your favorite playstation games? Are you just here because you like fighting games in general? Or maybe this game attracted you since you like Smash? Do you actually care about PS characters?

Just wondering lol. I never see you express any kind of interest in PS games or characters.

/offtopic

Hmm, why not.

My favourite PS associated characters are not in this game. They actually are Crash, Spyro, Cloud and Snake believe it or not. I grew up playing FF7, Crash Bash, Spyro 3 and then later had MGS on PSP and main Snake in Brawl.

But I also like Ratchet a lot (have and love UYA) so I guess you can say he's my favourite PS character that's represented.

My favourite RPG ever is Star Ocean 2 which is on PS1 and then later ported (badly) to PSP. I do like a bunch of characters in it but I like to think of the big picture so I understand why Cloud deserves it more.

One of (if not downright) my favourite game/series ever is MH which began as a Playstation (2) exclusive. I was a big time Monster Hunter player before this. I think the older Playstation MHers are superior to the newer ones as well (the newer ones really hold your hand and changed some mechanics which I loved).
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:45:04 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
Yep, it's sad but true.

Initially, when we heard that this was made by an American team, some people expressed concern that Japanese games would get snubbed. I defended them, saying "It's not true! Americans love all games!"

But it's clear now that Superbot (and whoever else was part of the project) has absolutely no love for JRPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the kind of people that think "RPGs are gay, lolol".

They negotiated with EA, who are a bunch of ball busters, over Level-5, who are darlings and have been happily making games for Playstation for years.

I mean, that's just being masochistic. I'd honestly consider Level-5 "second party", if that makes any sense. Sure, they make games for other consoles, but they clearly love PS and all their most well-known/beloved titles are for Playstation.

I can't fathom any scenario in any timeline where negotiating with EA for a Dead Space rep was easier than negotiating with Level-5 for a JRPG rep.

And then lolZeus, I mean I'm just being silly now trying to critically analyze what Superbot does. These aren't even thought-out decisions, they just do random stuff and hopes that it saves them from bankruptcy.

Pretty much this.

Heck, if they thought Ni No Kuni was too "kiddie" they could have asked for Toan instead.
#8FaustianLogixPosted 2/28/2013 12:46:45 AM
Aside from Oliver being an awesome choice for this game, someone needs to kick his English VA in the throat. He's terrible.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Livestream.com/Ztram
#9diebuster2Posted 2/28/2013 12:48:10 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
Yep, it's sad but true.

Pretty much this.

Heck, if they thought Ni No Kuni was too "kiddie" they could have asked for Toan instead.

Exactly. I too would have liked a Ni No Kuni rep or any other RPG rep based around PS history but no. Really pathetic when you think about it.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#10LukeStrife5Posted 2/28/2013 12:51:00 AM
I'm assuming since you guys know exactly what SuperBot has been doing in the conversations with these developers that you work for them right?

Or has the fact that maybe these developers don't want to put their characters in someone else games / have some other criteria that has to be met before they do it? SuperBot wanted to put some Shadow / Ico representation in the game but Team Ico said No.

Cut it with this stupid crap about SuperBot doesn't care about RPGs or the Japanese audience. If they could work things out they sure as heck would... Or do you think SuperBot has no interest in money that they wouldn't want to use huge characters like Spyro, Crash, Snake, Cloud, ect. ect.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net