How much do you think it costs to make a single character in this game?

#1yamas11Posted 3/1/2013 10:06:46 AM
It costs Skullgirls $150,000 for 1 character. This game probably costs more per character.
---
This is my sig
#2fawfulmark2Posted 3/1/2013 10:09:41 AM
actually it might be less. Skullgirls' characters are all hand-drawn, which takes more time and money.

so maybe like 100-125 thousand tops here.
---
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
if you ever fight a spammy Pit or Marth, that might be my nephew.... just so you know.
#3KindertotenwaldPosted 3/1/2013 10:11:06 AM
I would also imagine the studio has better tech to speed things up that would reduce cost.
---
PSN: Omnisignificance
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Radec, Sir Daniel
#4Cosmic_CoyotePosted 3/1/2013 10:30:12 AM
Is cheaper to make a chaarcter than not making more characters and have your game flopping for it.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#5Chzrm3Posted 3/1/2013 10:48:25 AM
Most of the cost for Skullgirls characters is tied up in animation.

That said, this game has things like the supers which often require new models to be made, a ton of special attacks per character (which all have different properties/animations/weird mechanics), costumes, and all that stuff. So it could very well cost more.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#6blazin640Posted 3/1/2013 10:59:09 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
Most of the cost for Skullgirls characters is tied up in animation.

That said, this game has things like the supers which often require new models to be made, a ton of special attacks per character (which all have different properties/animations/weird mechanics), costumes, and all that stuff. So it could very well cost more.

reasonable and logical post by chrzm? These are the post I missed.
---
There goes my free time
#7FelloffalotPosted 3/1/2013 11:01:14 AM
And funnily enough, Skull Girls has to ask for money from it's retarded fans because the developers are too incompetent to get the money themselves, while SuperBot can actually earn the cash to make DLC.
#8wwinterj25Posted 3/1/2013 11:32:01 AM
It's not making a character that can be expensive it's getting the rights to use them. See Activision.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9BkzUziPosted 3/1/2013 11:34:19 AM(edited)
You guys are forgetting they also have to pay third party companies to let them use their characters.
#10EurashalPosted 3/1/2013 11:37:39 AM
BkzUzi posted...
You guys are forgetting they also have to pay third party companies to let them use their characters.

This. Then you have to factor how co-operative the third parties are. I believe the Oddworld devs were willing to just give them Abe, whereas Capcom and/or Konami may have wanted to charge a fairly high amount just to get New Dante/Raiden.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72