Looking for fans for a project.

#11Rip3465(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:21:05 PM
BluBlue4 posted...
More people might jump on this if you were to give a (even if a little rough) intro/sample of this.

I've never played a Dissedia game, but I've seen most of the Subspace stuff. Not sure if that would work or at least be popular here.

There was a online fammade Smash comic that was great and one of it's best things was that it warped some of the characters (Marth anyone?) A fanfic version of this might really catch on here. Not to tell you how your creative project should go or anything.

If this whole thing doesn't fizzle out (and with a bit more info) I could help with Emmett, Classic Dante, and maybe Heihachi.

I'm afraid I don't have a sample. I have something of an outline though...

It begins with the recreation of Polygon Man. After he failed to impress, he was deleted. However, for reasons I'm still working on, it didn't quite work as planned. he's been rebuilding himself, implanting bits of his data into every Playstation since. Eventually, he regains a form as opposed to merely random data. Unfortunately, his reformation fragments the data around him, and since hes become a part of the Playstation network/ realm itself, it's fragmenting the worlds. There are two key facets for him thus far; an otherworldly way of thinking, and a desire to prove he deserves to exist. I apologize, but his story is still being worked on, but I like the cosmic horror angle for him.

The fragmentation also causes the merges we see in the stages, with all worlds actually becoming one.

The plan is for each character to have there own delvelopment process. As examples, Big Daddy develops more into a character as opposed to being defined soley by his programming. Kratos begins moving past his anger and becoming more or a leader and maybe even heroic(ish). Sweet Tooth is one of the harder ones. For him, after beinf effected by the AP, Marcus's personality begins to emerge, trying to gain dominance over Needles (I'm guessing it's a demon posessing him with the mask, but I'm unsure).

The reason these 19 (Cole is a DID case) and there companions (Kuro, Daxter, Clank, and the other NPC's we see in arcade modes) has yet to be determined. Each one is drawn in differently due to there worlds interpreting the "call" of Polygon Man differently.

Does this help any?
---
Theres a knife wielding sociopath living in my basement.
But it's okay, he helps out with the chores.
#12CrabhammarPosted 3/4/2013 7:24:00 PM
What Cole will there be?

Also, I'm totally good with Sly. Totally.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamFroakie
#13Rip3465(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:25:51 PM
Crabhammar posted...
What Cole will there be?

Cole's gonna be predominantly Good Cole with Evil Cole as a second personality beneath the surface. As for when, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask someone who knows inFamous 2 better.
---
#14G-ScythePosted 3/4/2013 7:39:16 PM(edited)
Rip3465 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
What Cole will there be?

Cole's gonna be predominantly Good Cole with Evil Cole as a second personality beneath the surface. As for when, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask someone who knows inFamous 2 better.

In his series, you usually choose one side in the beginning and stick to it. But you can switch sides at any time if you decide. His personality is pretty morally neutral but he does get angry at times regardless of play through choice.
hough you can only have one set of secondary abilities(ice or fire), unless you decide to change the mission in InFamous 2 and have the machine not break, allowing him to get powers from both Nix and Kuo.

Also: I can help with Raiden questions if you have any. I know a lot about Metal Gear
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#15An_Unkind_RGNPosted 3/4/2013 7:38:28 PM
Sounds like the Subspace Emissary if you ask me.

Would be cool to see this happen though.
---
~Old Mary. Sister of mine, mother to the world, carry this burden now until the moment of your last breath.~
#16Rip3465(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 5:25:25 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Rip3465 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
What Cole will there be?

In his series, you usually choose one side in the beginning and stick to it. But you can switch sides at any time if you decide. His personality is pretty morally neutral but he does get angry at times regardless of play through choice.
hough you can only have one set of secondary abilities(ice or fire), unless you decide to change the mission in InFamous 2 and have the machine not break, allowing him to get powers from both Nix and Kuo.

Also: I can help with Raiden questions if you have any. I know a lot about Metal Gear

Ok, let me try it differently. Evil Cole starts off as just the darker impulses Cole has. Through the consumption of AP, in a simillar manner to Sweet Tooth, said impulses begin manifesting more often agaianst his will. I'd like to keep the fire and Ice powers, but I'm unsure how to make that make sense.
---
#17G-ScythePosted 3/6/2013 6:06:40 PM
Rip3465 posted...
G-Scythe posted...
Rip3465 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
What Cole will there be?

Ok, let me try it differently. Evil Cole starts off as just the darker impulses Cole has. Through the consumption of AP, in a simillar manner to Sweet Tooth, said impulses begin manifesting more often agaianst his will. I'd like to keep the fire and Ice powers, but I'm unsure how to make that make sense.

it's not hard to get both powers, if you involve Nix and Kuo in the story.
*InFamous 2 Spoilers*
In a mission about halfway through the game, you find a device that can transfer conduit powers to nonconduits that a group of villains have been using to improve their mercenaries. When you find the machine, you choose who you want to transfer powers with (Nix or Kuo) but halfway through the process the villains blow up the machine. The process was incomplete and you only gain a few powers depending on your choice. You can maybe say that the machine wasn't destroyed or that they possibly found another one.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#18judgementaeonPosted 3/7/2013 4:18:58 PM
So....will you post here telling us when it's done? It sounds amazing *o*
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
LuminescentRule thinks I'm a slut XD
#19BluBlue4Posted 3/9/2013 9:49:46 PM
Rip3465 posted...
<
I'm afraid I don't have a sample. I have something of an outline though...

It begins with the recreation of Polygon Man. After he failed to impress, he was deleted. However, for reasons I'm still working on, it didn't quite work as planned. he's been rebuilding himself, implanting bits of his data into every Playstation since. Eventually, he regains a form as opposed to merely random data. Unfortunately, his reformation fragments the data around him, and since hes become a part of the Playstation network/ realm itself, it's fragmenting the worlds. There are two key facets for him thus far; an otherworldly way of thinking, and a desire to prove he deserves to exist. I apologize, but his story is still being worked on, but I like the cosmic horror angle for him.

The fragmentation also causes the merges we see in the stages, with all worlds actually becoming one.

The plan is for each character to have there own delvelopment process. As examples, Big Daddy develops more into a character as opposed to being defined soley by his programming. Kratos begins moving past his anger and becoming more or a leader and maybe even heroic(ish). Sweet Tooth is one of the harder ones. For him, after beinf effected by the AP, Marcus's personality begins to emerge, trying to gain dominance over Needles (I'm guessing it's a demon posessing him with the mask, but I'm unsure).

The reason these 19 (Cole is a DID case) and there companions (Kuro, Daxter, Clank, and the other NPC's we see in arcade modes) has yet to be determined. Each one is drawn in differently due to there worlds interpreting the "call" of Polygon Man differently.

Does this help any?

Yes, it helps.

This sounds like interesting nonsense. I hope it's still going.

Still alive TC?
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#20The-Great-OzziePosted 3/9/2013 10:20:56 PM
I don't foresee you being able to give big daddy his own personality that isn't his "programming" and it be able to make sense, after all, he ain't no alpha series, he is defined by his fatherly connection to his little sister, I feel you would have to focus on what is driving the sister as he will always be close behind, could always make use of Andrew Ryan too
---
The Official Ed Gemini of the PSASBR Message Boards
Not changing this until Ed Gemini added for DLC