Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) Moveset. (Warning, it's really fricken long)

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/4/2013 8:34:58 PM
Another character suggested I should make in my topic and everybody's favorite momma's boy- Sephiroth! And heads up, he's probably going to be OP.

Sephiroth-

Default- Iconic appearance.
Alt 1- Kingdom Hearts appearance.
Alt 2- Genesis from Crisis Core.
Alt 3- Goes the Dante route and loses everything above the waist in the appearance from when you kill him in FF7.

Special Mobility- Sephiroth can hold X to make his one wing appear and give him a short Princess Peach like glide that can only go side to side. Cannot be used after the second jump or Up triangle. Sephiroth is also one of the slowest characters in the game movement wise (slower than Big Daddy or Zeus), choosing to walk at a brisk pace rather than running, but he makes up for this by having attacks with decent range and speed.

Square-

Neutral- Quad Slash- Sephiroth slashes four times, the first three being quick, then he takes a short pause (leaves him open to other players not in the attack) then does a final slash which tumbles enemies (when they seem to be sent rolling backwards before flattening, I meant this on a few other movesets but put flatten instead >.>). Very punishable on block. Air version he slashes three times sending enemies flying.

Side- Oblivion- Sephiroth will bolt forwards, slicing the air at a medium distance. If he hits enemies he will pass through them, putting them int a crumple (or into an 'electrocuted' state with out the electricity in the air). When he stops, enemies will be battered by small hits, then they will be sent straight down or flattened. Quick start up but long recovery. (pretty much ripped how this one works right out of Dissidia. I liked that move quite a bit.)

Down- Furious Stab- Sephiroth stabs forwards, butt dropping enemies. From here he can use a different attack, or he can start a flurry or rapid stabs that finish with sending the enemy flying with a horizontal slice. Has a slower start up than many of his attacks, but leaves him just as open making his flurry attack unavailable if the attack is blocked.
Air version he does a slice aiming below him that sends enemies straight down

Up- Heart Piercer- Sephiroth does a rapid barrage of stabs above him, finishing with a final stab that sends enemies upwards similar to what he did to Cloud in Advent Children. Final stab can leave him incredibly open if you choose to use it.

Triangle-

Neutral- Shadow Flare- Sephiroth extends out his hand and fires a small bolt of darkness. If it hits an enemy it splits into four which surround the enemy and rapidly come together and hit them. Can be charged to become stronger, changing it into a small explosion of darkness. Pops enemies up, if charged sends them flying. Cannot hold charge, slow recovery if charged. Rather easy to avoid due to how slow the bolt moves.

Side- Fervant Blow- Sephiroth slashes the air three times, making three bolts of energy fly out at a medium distance. Flinches. Best used as an annoyance move or to strike at fleeing enemies. Air version fires down at an angle

Down- Firaga- Sephiroth uses the Firaga materia, creating a small explosion of flame at his feet. Can be charged to increase the size of the explosion and it's ap gain. At low charge it tumbles, at high it sends enemies flying. Has a quick recovery time but a bit of a slow start up whether you charge it or not.

Up- Thundaga- Sephiroth holds a hand up and calls upon the thundaga materia. Can be charged- if un charged he makes a series of sparks crackle above him, putting enemies in an 'electrocuted' state if it hits them. Charged it becomes a furious lightning bolt that strikes down from the top of the screen to where Sephiroth is standing sending enemies flying. Quick start up and recovery if uncharged, slow recovery if charged.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 8:35:17 PM
Circle-

Neutral- Seraph's Strike- Sephiroth hovers for a moment with his one wing extended, then suddenly lunges toward the nearest enemy (homes). If he hits an enemy, he flies up a bit with them, then does a pile driver style plummet downward, slamming them into the ground. Has a slow start up, but the attack itself is fast and if avoided can be punished similar to Kat's Side Circle. If no enemies are near he simply lands with a small animation.

Side- Seraph's Judgement- Sephiroth unleashes a swarm of feathers forwards with his wing. If they hit enemies they become slowed down for a short time (long enough for him to hopefully catch up and get some hits in.) One of his quick annoyance moves.

Down- Seraph's Bluff- Sephiroth covers himself in a wing- If he is his by a projectile during this, he will suddenly teleport in a flurry of feathers to the enemy that fired it. Can be used to quickly close the distance against characters like Ratchet and Radec, has a decent recovery if a projectile fails to hit him during the animation.

Up- Seraph's Rise- Sephiroth's wing appears and he does a spinning rise upwards, dragging enemies close by up with him, spreading out the wing at the peak of the rise. Can be used to set up an air attack or mini combo.

Throws-

Side- Sephiroth grabs the enemy, then slashes them and turns around as a flurry of energy strikes the enemy and sends them flying (similar to his basic attacks in dissidia.)

Down- Sephiroth grabs the enemy and knocks them to their knees before appearing above them and drops downward stabbing through their chest (I'm sure you get what the reference is from) flattening them.

Up- Sephiroth grabs the enemy and tosses them up, sending them away with a few energy slices.

Supers-

Level 1- Vanish!- Takes a pose holding his sword at his side, then does a rapid charge forward similar to Oblivion, stunning enemies in his path similar to Kat. Takes a pose and the enemies hit explode (non lethal to foes around them) and die.

Level 2- Meteor- Sephiroth summons Meteor, which plummets from above and crashes into the position he was standing and explodes killing anyone in the area of it. Also kills enemies it hits on the way down.

Level 3- Safer Sephiroth- Sephiroth smirks, and in a flash of light transport everyone to the battle ground from the final boss fight of FF7, and turns into Safer Sephiroth. During the super, he sits in the background watching foes similar to Zeus, they can run freely like his as well. Sephiroth sits directly in the center of the screen. Sephiroth can use different attacks to try and kill foes-

Square button uses basic attacks with his wing arm, which he can direct by pressing different d-pad directions. Holding Left makes him do a vertical slice on the left side, and vice versa for right. Holding down will make him do a low horizontal swipe traveling across the entirety of the bottom of the stage. Vice Versa for Up. Holding nothing will make him take a vertical swipe at the middle of the stage. Each hit has a short delay giving players some time to escape, but the resulting attack is quick.

Triangle uses Pale Horse, in which he fires a deadly beam of energy. When holding Triangle a reticle will appear that he can aim with the D-Pad. He can release triangle when aiming to fire the beam of energy, which takes a bit but has a decent sized spherical hit box and comes out quickly enough.

Circle- Super Nova- Sephiroth vanishes and the backgound shatters revealing space and the sun as astro physiscs equations appear in the foreground. The sun explodes soon after, killing anyone who isn't in the corners (a blind spot to the deadly explosion). This instantly ends the super, and is best saved for near the end of it.

Level 3 theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbWSEfokCTQ
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#3Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 8:36:26 PM
I'll be doing the taunts, intros, and ouros later. I may also re post it at some point since I'm not really sure on my chosen level 2 and level 3's. He also feels a tad op, but it's taken way too long to come up with him to take the time to think up edits for the moment.
---
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:01:08 PM
Welp, with the speed this has gotten pushed down, I'm just gonna go hide in my corner.
---
#5CrabhammarPosted 3/4/2013 9:04:30 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Welp, with the speed this has gotten pushed down, I'm just gonna go hide in my corner.

bump yo
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#TeamFroakie
#6T_l_M_B_0Posted 3/4/2013 9:04:55 PM
Just found this. Nice job! If this were in the game I'd go around spamming down throw hahahaha His level 3 super sounds awesome.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#7metfan57Posted 3/4/2013 9:09:30 PM
Wow great job, pretty much what i would've done.
---
"idk I didn't really read your post cause u sound annoying"
#8DrCruisePosted 3/4/2013 9:11:41 PM
Send it in.
#9Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:12:19 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Just found this. Nice job! If this were in the game I'd go around spamming down throw hahahaha His level 3 super sounds awesome.

Eh I'm not completely sold on the level 3 or 2. I'm considering changing the Level 2 to be where he sprouts his wing and gains the ability to fly for a short amount of time, and pressing any button during that time will cause him to quickly plummet straight downward killing anyone in his path. But I also want to rep Meteor in some way so I may as well stick with it I guess.
---
#10mchammerfacePosted 3/4/2013 9:13:53 PM
I like it, but I think the level 3 should either just be him turning into Safer Sephiroth and going through a remastered version of the Supernova sequence(shorter probably skipping all of the planets exploding sadly) and doing Super Nova insta kills everyone
Or him turning into Safer Sephiroth and doing his other attacks and no Super Nova or a really diminished Super Nova like maybe he sets off an explosion surrounding himself.