Lightning for Allstars, a valid reason.

#1Rodrigo996Posted 3/5/2013 2:01:02 PM
First let me say this is just an opinion. I am not super fan of lightning in fact, any FF character would do. But as much as we want itís preferable to get Lightning by the following facts.
First people who like Clowd or Kain (donít get me wrong they are awesome characters) are kind of trapped in the past. Lightning is now the new face of SE and FF. SE and all Japan adore (in an excessive way most of times) her.
Second the FFXIII was a big change in ff history, for some it was a terrible game (completely valid opinion) but for others (like me, new to the saga) it was an instrument of change. I mean do you really want FF to become a repetitive game like CoD, different story but the same stuff? In Japan the game received good reception, because there people like innovation. Third as you may see its hard to face it but things move forward and most roster characters are modern (even Dante is the new version), Superbot is an new company and will receive new characters, with new games.
And finally for all haters. Here we are talking about a character: Lightning, not her game, not FF7, the character herself. And she is a good character, good story, nice character development and will bring gameplay innovation to the game. If you donít like her, fine, donít buy.

PD: The game only has two girls and a meat ball, another one wont hurt.
#2PielordXPosted 3/5/2013 2:02:22 PM
I didn't actually read it, I'm just posting here.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Voted official Jak of PSASBR boards
#3InninXIPosted 3/5/2013 2:06:29 PM
Lightning is a terrible character.
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess and Emmett Main: "EASY Cake MONEY Please!"
#4djmaster1994Posted 3/5/2013 2:09:15 PM
Lightning is not a terrible character.
FFXIII just didn't do much expressing her.
Reason for 3 games.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#5InninXIPosted 3/5/2013 2:11:59 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
Lightning is not a terrible character.
FFXIII just didn't do much expressing her.
Reason for 3 games.

Every other FF (past 3JP) managed to express their 'main' character in one game. Consequently those games were more well received by fans
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess and Emmett Main: "EASY Cake MONEY Please!"
#6AMP1317Posted 3/5/2013 2:17:43 PM
It's fine to change the series up a bit, they've been doing that for years, but when they take out a lot of stuff that makes Final Fantasy so great? It's not a good change of pace.

As an RPG, FFXIII wasn't bad. It had beautiful evironments and a great soundtrack. It also had a unique and different battle system. However, as a Final Fantasy, it was lacking in many different departments. Granted, maybe you're right and I'm stuck in the past (played and beat every Final Fantasy up to XIII), but I just didn't get the same enjoyment out of XIII as I did the others.

There was very limited exploring, sidequests wern't even added till late game, you couldn't change party members till mid game, and to understand the full story you had to read the datalogs.
It just didn't feel like a FF to me.

Sure, Lightning is the new face of Squarenix and has many devote followers, but as a character I really didn't find her appealing at all (I never played FFXIII-2 so I could be wrong). She felt like a cliche'd hard *** who eventually melted the ice around her heart and showed she's just like everyone else.
I couldn't connect to her or relate to her at all... Heck, I didn't even feel bad for her half the time.

Again, all this is opinion. We all have our views. As a RPG FFXIII is good.
As a Final Fantasy? It's one of the lowest on my list. Dimensions on the iPhone might even beat it out.

Now, as for an all Star? FFXIII was also released on XBOX. FFVII was a PS1 exclusive.
So she's technically not a Sony exclusive character (though in this game that doesn't matter, but still...).
I would put Cloud in before her mainly due to:
- PS exclusive character
- Probably a larger fanbase
- Tons of spin-off games/movies/anime
- Still talked about today

Now I'd rather see someone from FFIX or FFVI in this game, but they wern't as well known as Cloud.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."
#7atopthemountainPosted 3/5/2013 2:22:18 PM
zack fair
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#8Rodrigo996(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 4:50:02 PM
AMP1317 posted...
It's fine to change the series up a bit, they've been doing that for years, but when they take out a lot of stuff that makes Final Fantasy so great? It's not a good change of pace.

As an RPG, FFXIII wasn't bad. It had beautiful evironments and a great soundtrack. It also had a unique and different battle system. However, as a Final Fantasy, it was lacking in many different departments. [...]

There was very limited exploring, sidequests wern't even added till late game, you couldn't change party members till mid game, and to understand the full story you had to read the datalogs.
It just didn't feel like a FF to me.

Sure, Lightning is the new face of Squarenix and has many devote followers, but as a character I really didn't find her appealing at all[...]
I couldn't connect to her or relate to her at all... Heck, I didn't even feel bad for her half the time.

Again, all this is opinion. We all have our views. As a RPG FFXIII is good.
As a Final Fantasy? It's one of the lowest on my list. Dimensions on the iPhone might even beat it out.

[...]

Thanks I really appreciate an opposite opinion in states and arguments than the first one.

Yeah I think I know what u mean by the change. I canít say if the games before were lacking something because I didnít played them. I liked RPGS all my life and then I thought, I have never played a FF.
So I tried 13, and I loved it. Mostly (take me for crazy) by the linear path. Reminded me of straight forward adventures like uncharted or prince of Persia but with the RPG element, fantastic! I liked also the fact of advanced technology and weaponry and common characters with serotype stories. Because that makes the game more realistic in some way. Real people react that way. Anger, distant, pretend happiness or shyness. Instead of otherworldly things.

But when I bought 13-2 first I was angry and thought about how different it was. Story entirely different, all characters were changed, no even the same setting, totally a different game. But I only concentrated on that instead of seeing how awesome the game is. More open, new and inviting story, etc.

Yet if itís the second part it should be more like 13. Still, sometimes we must see the game alone without comparing it to another to see its full potential.

Again this is just an opinion.
#9LightEcoSagePosted 3/5/2013 4:52:35 PM
Didn't read it, but all I know is that Lightning would be a great Rep in All-Stars.
---
Y'all are blocked. Y'all know who y'all are. Don't reply to me like I can actually see what you're saying and that you are winning some type of argument.
#10divine_knightsPosted 3/5/2013 5:00:08 PM
The way the trend is going with DLC characters, we may see Lightning when the third part comes out and we get a voucher for her character in the game, if they go the same way as GOW:A and Zeus
---
PS3 ID: Timewoven PS3 Level - 14
Playing LittleBigPlanet 2/ Karting and Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch