C/D: The roster would be pretty well-recieved if...

#1NewMoonShadowPosted 3/8/2013 9:11:39 PM
If they had simply not used third-parties at all. If the four third-parties had been replaced by other Sony-owned characters (For the sake of argument, let's say Kat, Zeus, Emmet, and maybe Dart), and third-parties had never been considered at all, people would be fairly happy with the roster as it ended up.

People are primarily just mad that there there was a chance for Final Fantasy characters and Crash Bandicoot and it didn't happen. If it was understood up-front that they never had a chance (Like with Smash Bros.) people wouldn't have expected them and wouldn't have been upset at their exclusion.
#2DavidgraymanPosted 3/8/2013 9:19:27 PM
The roster argument is really stale. If you want people's opinion for your C/D search the old topics. If you want people who with you agree go to the SSB4 board. If you want to start a flame war go away.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/kendallomarishot
#3ArmedDragoonPosted 3/8/2013 9:19:39 PM
Zeus would be a pretty bad choice no matter what, but removing the third parties and replacing them would make the roster less bad, sure.

I don't even buy the "couldn't get decent third party characters" thing anymore. Atlus, NISA, and Oddworld Inhabitats all came up and offered, but they were all blown off so that the developers could contact EA, which is a large company I might add, so Isaac could get in.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#4NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:23:13 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
The roster argument is really stale. If you want people's opinion for your C/D search the old topics. If you want people who with you agree go to the SSB4 board. If you want to start a flame war go away.

Why would people agree with me at the SSB4 board? I didn't even say I thought this game has a bad roster, I actually like this game's roster, I just think removing third-parties altogether would've curbed the impossible expectations people had for the roster.
#5LightEcoSagePosted 3/8/2013 9:24:42 PM
Agreed I guess, but that means no Isaac Clarke :(
---
Not going anywhere. It's just to fun to watch. Bring em on. Bring the best you got. It's not over by a long shot. Accept it and deal with it.
#6RainbowsaurusPosted 3/8/2013 9:26:38 PM
A lot of the third party complaints come from the fact that nobody associates Issac or BD with Sony, and then there's new Dante and Raiden over Snake.

The only third party character I feel that should stay is Heihachi.
---
I'm out of ideas
#7ArmedDragoonPosted 3/8/2013 9:27:20 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Davidgrayman posted...

Why would people agree with me at the SSB4 board? I didn't even say I thought this game has a bad roster, I actually like this game's roster, I just think removing third-parties altogether would've curbed the impossible expectations people had for the roster.

If by "impossible expectations" you mean that Superbot never had any intentions of appealing to certain demographics at all and never told them that until it was far too late, then sure.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#8blazin640Posted 3/8/2013 9:35:04 PM
or if the game wasn't called Playstation All Stars since people seem to take the title so seriously.
---
There goes my free time
#9SilverShadow881Posted 3/8/2013 9:39:01 PM
blazin640 posted...
or if the game wasn't called Playstation All Stars since people seem to take the title so seriously.

They would still complain. The title is just a very stupid excuse.
---
Peelz.
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars. Alas, my wish has become true, stay hopeful my friends.
#10blazin640Posted 3/8/2013 10:08:09 PM
SilverShadow881 posted...
blazin640 posted...

They would still complain. The title is just a very stupid excuse.

I agree, but you know people just like to complain about anything and everything. The title is usually the main argument when it comes to the roster.

I just like to imagine what argument's would be left about the roster if the title changed. Probably nothing lol. But like you said, its a really stupid excuse since its just a title.
---
There goes my free time