C/D: The roster would be pretty well-recieved if...

#11DavidgraymanPosted 3/8/2013 10:14:02 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
The roster argument is really stale. If you want people's opinion for your C/D search the old topics. If you want people who with you agree go to the SSB4 board. If you want to start a flame war go away.

Why would people agree with me at the SSB4 board? I didn't even say I thought this game has a bad roster, I actually like this game's roster, I just think removing third-parties altogether would've curbed the impossible expectations people had for the roster.

Yeah I was a little out of line, sorry.
i'm just miffed at all the other topics that are all "Herpaderp dis gayme has a stoopid rooster"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99269901@N00/5906514313/lightbox/
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/kendallomarishot
#12KillDozer123Posted 3/8/2013 11:32:46 PM
I've always been under the impression that this should have just been "Sony All-Stars", and then nobody would have complained because we wouldn't be expecting the likes of Crash Bandicoot or Solid Snake.

I remember reading a wish-list on a website once...can't seem to find it now...but it had Sony characters ONLY...and I believe it stated that it was intentionally using Sony characters only at the beginning. Therefore, I did not expect any third party charaters with this game (although, of course, I kept a small glimmer of hope).

Am I the only one who didn't go into this EXPECTING third-party characters?
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#13fawfulmark2Posted 3/8/2013 11:46:09 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
I've always been under the impression that this should have just been "Sony All-Stars", and then nobody would have complained because we wouldn't be expecting the likes of Crash Bandicoot or Solid Snake.

I remember reading a wish-list on a website once...can't seem to find it now...but it had Sony characters ONLY...and I believe it stated that it was intentionally using Sony characters only at the beginning. Therefore, I did not expect any third party charaters with this game (although, of course, I kept a small glimmer of hope).

Am I the only one who didn't go into this EXPECTING third-party characters?

.......yes?

also,they really should have just kept the Title Fight name.
---
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
if you ever fight a spammy Pit or Marth, that might be my nephew.... just so you know.
#14howiehiewPosted 3/9/2013 12:06:02 AM
People would still complain. It's the internet. Never underestimate human's ability to finding something to complain about.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#15AeromaniacanoidPosted 3/9/2013 1:45:06 AM
ArmedDragoon posted...
Zeus would be a pretty bad choice no matter what, but removing the third parties and replacing them would make the roster less bad, sure.

I don't even buy the "couldn't get decent third party characters" thing anymore. Atlus, NISA, and Oddworld Inhabitats all came up and offered, but they were all blown off so that the developers could contact EA, which is a large company I might add, so Isaac could get in.

would you be willing to show proof that those companies asked for permission? would really appreciate it.
---
Lightning + Wind for me. Or rather, the Magnetic element they combine into.
Just call me Biribiri. - Yuenku
#16fawfulmark2Posted 3/9/2013 6:48:43 AM
Aeromaniacanoid posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...
Zeus would be a pretty bad choice no matter what, but removing the third parties and replacing them would make the roster less bad, sure.

I don't even buy the "couldn't get decent third party characters" thing anymore. Atlus, NISA, and Oddworld Inhabitats all came up and offered, but they were all blown off so that the developers could contact EA, which is a large company I might add, so Isaac could get in.

would you be willing to show proof that those companies asked for permission? would really appreciate it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nis-on-potential-disgaea-characters-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

http://www.examiner.com/article/atlus-talks-possible-persona-characters-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/dec/26/oddworld-developers-still-trying-get-abe-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/
---
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
if you ever fight a spammy Pit or Marth, that might be my nephew.... just so you know.
#17ZeroGravity38Posted 3/9/2013 6:58:57 AM
The only third party that don't belong is big daddy. Heihaichi, Raiden, and Dante Should stay.
---
PSN: ZeroGravity38
SSBB FC:1679-1467-0742
#18judgementaeonPosted 3/9/2013 7:00:58 AM
ZeroGravity38 posted...
The only third party that don't belong is big daddy. Heihaichi, Raiden, and Dante Should stay.

I agree. I mean, all Tekken's were only on Playstation except for Advance, 6, and Tag 2 as far as I'm concerned....for one thing.
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
Blazblue mains: Jin, Noel, Bang
#19wwinterj25Posted 3/9/2013 7:11:40 AM(edited)
I disagree with this topic. Talking about folk outside of the internet Big Daddy, Raiden and Heihachi are characters people know and love. Dante not so much. Had it been the original Dante then I'd say the same as the others. I'm quite happy with the third party stuff here. Isaac is also good third party DLC. Sure I'd want many other characters such as Cloud, Sora, Snake but I understand why they are not here. The trouble is folk outside of the internet don't.

My brother for example is a video game fan but not a fan of this game. We had a discussion over a few pints about this game. He's 25 I'm 26. Anyway he asked where Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake and so on are. I told him Sony don't own the rights so it's hard to get them. He simply said "why bother with a game like this in the first place if Sony won't pay whatever amount to get said characters". I had no response to this as I agree so I said "the roster is fine to me but I do agree with you. Sony need to invest in this game more and get the iconic characters". Money talks and I'm sure Sony could get the characters if they are prepared to pay the price.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj