Zeus? really?

#41SpacePirateKhanPosted 3/10/2013 9:50:50 AM(edited)
ArmedDragoon posted...
Didn't even mention Zeus' unique play style.

My problem with Zeus goes beyond there being really no reason to start double dipping into God of War when there's still better DLC to go after. There's also the fact that after seeing how he plays, he doesn't add anything to the game. The "big guy who hits for a lot of AP and has super armor on his moves" thing was already done by Big Daddy. What in the seven hells is unique about him?

He's got Pikachu's Down+B, a unique trap/mine (himself), every single move he has (or close to it) can be charged, his Lv2 and Lv3, etc.
Only saw one gameplay vid, so there could be significant moves I'm forgetting still.

Also, Smash had Mario, Luigi, AND Yoshi in their first game, with a much smaller roster. This game can afford a mere 2 God of War reps, especially when one of them is from a much bigger and older story.

And besides, at least it's not Good Kratos and Evil Kratos. :D
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#42Objection102Posted 3/10/2013 9:50:54 AM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
At least it's not Good Kratos and Evil Kratos. :D

Neutral Kratos and Vampire Kratos confirmed.
---
PSN: KJman456
http://psntl.com/cards/KJman456.png
#43Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:06:56 AM
This game can afford a mere 2 God of War reps, especially when one of them is from a much bigger and older story.

My problem with the god of war cast is that they exist because real myths like the Greek an Norse gods are treated like a free idea box for devs. Zeus in particular while important to the plot didn't get the screen time to warrant him worth having a character slot in this game.

Hell Deimos was much better by virtue of him being the only original character who was also a fighter. but unfortunately he's an alternate costume.

at least 2/3s of the game series represented in this game are Sony's they won them 100%.

If they needed another character they could of had Mr.Grimm or That turtle from sly cooper. There's tons of choices they could of picked. Even if Zeus was an original character i would not mind if he came from god of war.

But he's just a reject from the free idea box of gaming.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#44Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/10/2013 10:58:13 AM
Zeus did more than enough to warrant his inclusion. His moveset had a lot of potential. None of his moves are made up.
---
JoJo's All-Star Battle (potential mains): Zeppeli, Wham, Jotaro, Okuyasu, Gyro, Josuke (JoJolion)
#45LightEcoSagePosted 3/10/2013 11:23:36 AM
Patriarch105 posted...
This game can afford a mere 2 God of War reps, especially when one of them is from a much bigger and older story.

My problem with the god of war cast is that they exist because real myths like the Greek an Norse gods are treated like a free idea box for devs. Zeus in particular while important to the plot didn't get the screen time to warrant him worth having a character slot in this game.

This.
---
Not going anywhere. It's just to fun to watch. Bring em on. Bring the best you got. It's not over by a long shot. Accept it and deal with it.