Lizardheart's Mid/Low Tier Tournament Discussion Thread

#1LizardheartPosted 3/9/2013 3:30:54 PM
Greetings, everyone. As some of you know, I will be hosting a mid/low tier tournament on March 14th at 7 PM. This thread is to discuss the possible rules for the tournament.

Currently, the legal roster is as follows:

MID TIER
D Tier: Toro, Sackboy, Spike, PaRappa
E Tier: Sir Daniel, Sweet Tooth, Dante
LOW TIER
F Tier: Jak, Big Daddy, Heihachi, Radec

The first topic of discussion will be if I should remove Toro and Sackboy from legality in the tournament. I, personally believe they are borderline characters but if I get a number of complaints about those characters, I will remove them from being considered legal characters.

My next topic is to inquire whether or not you believe stage counterpicks should be implemented in a tournament of this nature. Certain maps, such as Columbia, provide hugely unfair disadvantages to certain characters, specifically, Radec.

My current list of legal stages are PM1, Columbia, San Francisco, Hades and Metropolis.

If you have any other suggestions, inquiries, etc., please let me know in this thread. Thank you for your time.

-Lizardheart
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 3/9/2013 3:33:13 PM
I'll join as Sweet Tooth just for fun I guess.
---
[Not changing sig until a Ratchet and Clank I can be hyped for is announced.]
"You have to learn how to learn before you can learn." - blaze19_0X
#3ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/9/2013 3:36:02 PM
Toro should be disallowed, Do you REALLY want people to just do the Sleep loop all day?

Sackboy.. idk..
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Official Crash Bandicoot of the PSASBR Board.
#4LightEcoSagePosted 3/9/2013 3:36:32 PM
Hmm?? Jak at the lowest tier from a high ranked player?
---
Not going anywhere. It's just to fun to watch. Bring em on. Bring the best you got. It's not over by a long shot. Accept it and deal with it.
#5Lizardheart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:39:42 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
Toro should be disallowed, Do you REALLY want people to just do the Sleep loop all day?

Sackboy.. idk..

Toro stalling is banned. If the player attempts it, they forfeit the match. If they do it a 2nd time, they forfeit the tournament. If they do it a third time, they are banned from ever attending my tournaments again and I'll be sure to pass down their glitch abuse to other tournament operators as well.
#6ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/9/2013 3:41:16 PM
Hades should be the only legit stage imo. Gives fair advantages, and disadvantages to everyone.

Also, 7 PM. is that EST or something else?
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
#7ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/9/2013 3:42:50 PM
Lizardheart posted...

Sackboy.. idk..

Toro stalling is banned. If the player attempts it, they forfeit the match. If they do it a 2nd time, they forfeit the tournament. If they do it a third time, they are banned from ever attending my tournaments again and I'll be sure to pass down their glitch abuse to other tournament operators as well.

Define "Attempt"
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
#8Lizardheart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:42:59 PM
Hades should be the only legit stage imo. Gives fair advantages, and disadvantages to everyone.

Also, 7 PM. is that EST or something else?

Dammit, I didn't include EST in my post. Well, I cannot edit my post to include that...

This sucks...
#9Potatoman622Posted 3/9/2013 3:44:07 PM
I personally don't want sackboy in just because of how badly he shuts down some characters like Big Daddy but that may be some bias because I plan on using BD, he can just sit in a corner and hold out a bounce pad and it stops almost every approach.

As for Toro I'm not sure. I'm sort of against him too, his dive kick combo into level 1s alone is a pretty big advantage over most of the other characters though.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#10yohvsnarutoPosted 3/9/2013 3:44:29 PM
Lizardheart posted...

Sackboy.. idk..

Lizard what about if I were to use it to avoid a Lvl 3 move like Sir Dan's would I still be forfieted?
Cmon don't take out the most fun part about Toro(Just kidding)
---
ssbb code :2364-4568-8421
jus code :4641 2665 6784