What needs to be done to balance the game *gameplay wise*

#11PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 2:57:30 AM
dabuz posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
There's only 1 frame of landing lag? Wow, even I didn't think it was that broken.

And like I said because there's no real dashing in the game, many characters just can't get to the place in time (while grounded) to punish a landing.

1 or 2 IIRC. Oh BTW, that landing lag doesn't apply to guarding, so you can guard on frame 0 of landing. If you land while doing an attack there is 7 frames of landing lag...but no good player will do that.

Most people here wont understand anything you're saying 90% here wont even know this stuff. Speaking of which i wonder if there is any frame data around been meaning to look at sir dans.
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:EVERYONE UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#12PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 2:58:55 AM
dabuz posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
dabuz posted...
If you increase fall speed it's such a major engine change that who knows how it would affect balance, some characters have aerials which auto cancel on landing anyway (FP's neutral square). Blaze said this nicely that being in the air gives huge mobility and fast falling wouldn't change much because the reason air camping is a problem is not because of the strength that air time gives, but because punishing a landing is unreliable due to only 1 frame of landing lag.

The second suggestion just flat out makes the game worse for 1v1s. More characters need combos into level 1, Sir Dan being a great example of one.

Hmm gotta disagree with second part as it would make alot more characters viable.

Yes it would make more characters viable because you lower the standard of quality character wise. However, in a game that's already slow for a fighting game, making most characters require building up to level 2 or 3 for consistent kills brings the game to a snail's pace. Te cool thing about characters with good level 1 confirms is that they make the game spectator and player friendly because making reads to land those combos shows off player skill and increases the tempo of the game.

Well i guess dont want this becoming super slow fighter 4.
---
PSASBR:EVERYONE UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#13kingtracePosted 3/10/2013 5:25:19 AM
PhantomEmperor posted...
dabuz posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
dabuz posted...
If you increase fall speed it's such a major engine change that who knows how it would affect balance, some characters have aerials which auto cancel on landing anyway (FP's neutral square). Blaze said this nicely that being in the air gives huge mobility and fast falling wouldn't change much because the reason air camping is a problem is not because of the strength that air time gives, but because punishing a landing is unreliable due to only 1 frame of landing lag.

The second suggestion just flat out makes the game worse for 1v1s. More characters need combos into level 1, Sir Dan being a great example of one.

Hmm gotta disagree with second part as it would make alot more characters viable.

Yes it would make more characters viable because you lower the standard of quality character wise. However, in a game that's already slow for a fighting game, making most characters require building up to level 2 or 3 for consistent kills brings the game to a snail's pace. Te cool thing about characters with good level 1 confirms is that they make the game spectator and player friendly because making reads to land those combos shows off player skill and increases the tempo of the game.

I definitely think that adding viable combos into level 1 for every character (maybe not Sly) is the right way to go. As long as you remove the brain dead ones like Giga Punch, Lightning Strike, and Air Soldier gameplay would be solid and fun.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#14PhantomEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 12:58:36 PM
kingtrace posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
dabuz posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
dabuz posted...

I definitely think that adding viable combos into level 1 for every character (maybe not Sly) is the right way to go. As long as you remove the brain dead ones like Giga Punch, Lightning Strike, and Air Soldier gameplay would be solid and fun.

It would just come down to people just fishing for hit confirms honestly if they were harder to do i wouldn't have a problem but some just take no skill.
---
#15NnamzPosted 3/10/2013 1:42:28 PM
Spend 100AP to knock a jumping opponent out of the air with a close up move, which then stuns them for a few seconds. Does not work on non jumping opponents.

This would solve the air camping issue without having to alter everyone's moveset.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.