Vergil(Devil May Cry 3) moveset

#1MetroidMewtwoPosted 3/13/2013 1:45:51 AM
I saw someone made a moveset for Vergil from DmC, and it made me decide to make one for DMC3 Vergil. It's probably going to suck, but whatever. Constructive criticism would be nice.
---
Default Costume: Son of Sparda(original DMC3 appearance).
1st Alt: Lack of Coat(his coatless outfit from DMC3; obviously he retains the shirt that he wears underneath the coat).
2nd Alt: Pawn of Mundus(Corrupted Vergil. Maybe have the DT become reskinned to Nelo Angelo).
3rd Alt: Strength of Nephilim(DmC hairstyle and outfit, but remains Classic!Vergil in the face/body structure, as well as still turning into an actual demon for DT).

Special Actions: None.

Moveset:
Neutral Square: Force Yamato[1, 2, 3, 4, 5]/Yamato Rave[1, 2]/Round Trip. On the ground, Vergil does two slashes with the Force Edge before switching to Yamato and smacking the enemy twice with the still-sheathed sword, then performing an Iaido slash to knock the enemy away; the first four hits yield low AP but have quick recovery, while the last hit yields a very high amount of AP on its own(to say nothing of the AP from the other attacks), but is EXTREMELY punishable on block or whiff(plus, the long combo means other opponents could strike Vergil out of this combo and thus ruining your chance of landing the slash). In the air, Vergil does a small slice with the Yamato, then resheathes it for a bigger Iaido Slash. The aerial slash yields far less AP than the ground slash, but has better recovery since it's in the air. Finally, holding down Square for 3 seconds will enable Vergil to throw the Force Edge forward upon letting go; homes in on the nearest enemy and deals multiple hits until 3 seconds have passed, after which it quickly flies back to Vergil.
Side Square: Rapid Stinger. Vergil does a quick thrust forward with the Force Edge, which covers a below-average distance but does okay damage as well as knocking the enemy down on their arse if they're on the ground. If you hold the button down, though, Vergil will instead briefly pause before dashing forward a large distance with Yamato, leaving a trail of slices behind him which hits multiple times and sends enemies rolling in the same direction Vergil went.
Up Square: Upper Hightime[1, 2]/Upper Slash. Vergil does an upper swing with the unsheathed Yamato, then switches to Force Edge as he does a leaping uppercut with it, dragging himself into the air after the enemy. Air version is just the Yamato swing.
Down Square: Downer Slash/Helm Breaker. On the ground, Vergil does an instantaneous downward slash with the unsheathed Yamato; okay damage, flattens the enemy, can be canceled into from the first hit of Upper Hightime(this move IS, after all, based on the Upper Slash's followup attack from DMC3). In the air, Vergil falls down rapidly while holding the Force Edge out, flattening any enemies struck; same as DmC!Dante's Helm Breaker in this game, except somewhat less priority.
---
My shortened name is MM.
It's not that I have a bad sense of direction, I'm just interested in all directions.~Laguna Loire
#2MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:46:24 AM
Neutral Triangle: Summoned Swords. Vergil calls forth a blade that shoots forward; multiple blades can be summoned as fast as you press Triangle, and they'll alter trajectory prior to flying in order to target/hit the nearest enemy(priority going to the enemy Vergil's attacking). Atrocious AP-yield(1 per blade) and doesn't inflict hitstun, but doesn't use an animation and thus can be done at ANY time, even while Vergil is in the middle of other attacks.
Side Triangle: Blistering Swords. Vergil stands for about 2 seconds before summoning 6 Summoned Swords above him which then proceed to shoot forward, one after the other. Neutral/Side Triangle will cause them to fly more quickly; these Summoned Swords are capable of inflicting hitstun and do better damage than Summoned Swords(since this move can't be spammed like it).
Up Triangle: Sword Storm. Vergil stands for about 2 seconds before summoning a widely-spread rings of 6 Summoned Swords up in the air that remains for about 4 seconds. Similar to Cole Up>Neutral Triangle combination, the first enemy to get hit by Vergil(whether hit or block) will get the ring of blades focused on them. 5 seconds after an enemy is focused, the blades will begin to come down and skewer the enemy one at a time, inflicting hitstun. If the blades don't get a focus within 4 seconds, they'll disappear, but once they focus an enemy, they'll never disappear prior to flying down, unless Vergil gets killed. Again, better damage than Summoned Swords.
Down Triangle: Spiral Swords. Upon holding the button down for a full second, Vergil summons a horizontal ring of 6 Summoned Swords to rotate around him for 10 seconds. Acts as a pseudo-shield as it will absorb/nullify most projectiles and inflict hitstun on would-be attackers from the side... But attacks from above or below can still hit, as would attacks from the side if they have Super Armor, and getting hit dispels the blades immediately. Spiral Swords will hit about 15 times total, during which the blades will disappear one-by-one until they're all gone. Another aspect of Spiral Swords is that while it's active, Blistering Swords and/or Sword Storm will consume the Spiral Swords to have additional blades added to them(for a minimum of 7 swords, maximum of 12). Finally, if you perform Spiral Swords while it's already active, Vergil will give up the ring of blades to summon them around the nearest enemy; after 3 seconds, every sword will shoot inward to skewer the enemy at once. Yet again, better damage than Summoned Swords(and the enemy-focus aspect of Spiral Swords does even more damage than the shield).
---
My shortened name is MM.
It's not that I have a bad sense of direction, I'm just interested in all directions.~Laguna Loire
#3digitalwill2000Posted 3/13/2013 1:46:38 AM
You're aware GoO and GoS come before GoW2 right?
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#4MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:47:35 AM
Neutral Circle: Air Trick. Vergil will sit in place for up to 1 second before teleporting(if you hold Circle; Vergil can teleport more quickly if you tap or let go of it); during the pause, you can hold a direction to teleport that way. Furthermore, tapping the button will make Vergil Trick to the nearest enemy in that direction(assuming the enemy isn't too far away), while holding the button will make Vergil Trick as far as he can in one go. If you tap the button to target an enemy, you can proceed to hold a direction during the brief moment of teleportation to control WHERE Vergil appears adjacent to the enemy; holding Up will make Vergil appear above the enemy, holding toward the horizontal direction you're teleporting towards will make Vergil appear on the side of the enemy opposite where he was, and holding Down will make Vergil appear below the enemy, assuming they're airborne, high enough in the air and/or are standing on a platform that can be dropped through; otherwise, Vergil will come out of the Trick on the ground. Holding no direction will just make Vergil appear on the side of the enemy facing where he Tricked from, and holding no direction AT ALL when initiating Air Trick will just make Vergil Trick forward.
Side Circle: Lunar Phase/Starfall. On the ground, Vergil dons the Beowulf and does a short leap forward while performing a massive spinning kick before ending with a heel slam; hits multiple times, the heel slam causes a Ground Bounce. In the air, Vergil dons the Beowulf and performs a diagonal Dive Kick similar to Raiden's Side Triangle attack, except Starfall only Ground Bounces an airborne enemy; grounded enemies will get knocked on their ass. Jump cancelable on hit with a grounded enemy.
Up Circle: Rising Sun. Vergil dons the Beowulf and does two upward kicks, dragging the enemy and himself into the air. Air version doesn't rise, ground version is Trick-cancelable.
Down Circle: Yamato Shield. Vergil spins the Yamato in front of himself so rapidly it forms a large ring, which will cut enemy Projectiles to ribbons(ie nullified/absorbed); can be held for as long as you like, but it does not block Melee attacks. However, if performed in the instant as a Melee attack is about to hit(Just Frame-timing, in other words), Vergil will parry, pushing the enemy back a little; the Melee parry can be canceled into ANYTHING as soon as it activates, allowing for a full combo if you land it.

Throw: Vergil thrusts the pommel of the still-sheathed Yamato into the enemy's gut, then does an Iaido Slash that knocks them away.
Up-throw: Vergil punches the enemy a couple times with the Beowulf, pushing them back before performing a mock-version of the Magma Drive from DMC1(a short-lunging uppercut, minus the lava/fire effects in this case).
Down-throw: Vergil rushes to the other side of the enemy, having slashed them a multitude of times with the Yamato in that instant, causing the enemy to crumple. Recovery is too long for this to act as a hitconfirm into a Super, though it can work as a hitconfirm into a combo.
---
My shortened name is MM.
#5MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:48:51 AM
Super lvl 1: Judgment Cut.
Vergil dashes back a little while simultaneously performing Iaido slashes at such speeds that it looks like he's only pulling Yamato out of the scabbard and resheathing it 3 times in less than a second, causing 3 large spheres of pure cutting power to appear/burst in a line in front of Vergil in rapid succession. Large hitbox, but has a bit of startup time so it isn't very difficult to dodge.

Super lvl 2: Judgment Storm.
Vergil disappears as he proceeds to rush around the stage at extreme speeds, generating a mass of Judgement Cut spheres; during this Super, you'll directly control the mass of Judgment Cuts, directing it towards enemies. Lasts about as long as PaRappa's lvl2.

Super lvl 3: Devil Trigger.
Vergil transforms into his DT state(maybe Nelo Angelo if Vergil's in his Corrupt skin, though nothing would change about the moveset/properties). Like Dante's in that any attack will kill, but with key differences;
1) Dante's moveset is unchanged during DT, while most of Vergil's attacks become enhances(bigger Rapid Slash, and a great deal more blades summoned with Sword Storm, just to name a couple).
2) Dante's DT temporarily freezes all enemies upon use, while Vergil's... Doesn't, of course.
3) Vergil can Trick-cancel ANY of his moves at ANY time, and whatever ending lag there is on a Trick, Vergil can cancel it into ANY of his moves. Dante doesn't even HAVE an Air Trick.
4) Vergil's DT lasts 2 second less than Dante's.
lvl3 Theme: Either the original version or remix of his Third/Final Boss Theme, or the original version/remix of his Second Boss Theme.

Taunts:
1. Vergil casually strokes his hair back with one hand while saying either "Is that your best?" or "How boring.".
2. Vergil does a "Bring it" motion with one hand while saying "Come on...".
3. Vergil flourishes and sheathes the Yamato while saying either "Scum." or "Don't get so cocky." right as the Yamato's hilt clicks against the scabbard.

Intros:
1. Vergil's looking away from the camera, before simply turning around, saying "This may be fun.".
2. Vergil drops in from above wearing the Beowulf, then takes a combat stance.
3. The camera is pointed upwards and follows the Force Edge as it falls into the ground blade-first, only for Vergil to Trick onto the scene and grab it out.
4. A Hell's Vanguard(stage 2 boss from DMC3; either that or one of the generic DMC3 enemies) is visible on the screen before it's abruptly cut down and disintegrates; behind it, on one knee in a pose, is Vergil holding the Yamato pointing straight out. Vergil then resheathes the Yamato as he gets back to his feet.

Outtros:
1. Vergil places both hands against the pommel of the Yamato as though he were leaning on it like a cane(or intending to), looking down at the enemy.
2. Vergil resheathes the Yamato in that unnecessary fashion he did in one of DMC3:SE's cutscenes(also his Win Pose in Mahvel 3), ie holding the scabbard vertically behind his back.
3. Vergil raises a hand up and clenches it.
4. Vergil simply looks down at the enemy before turning around and beginning to walk off(outtro ends before any actual walking can be seen).

Victory Themes:
... Okay, this is where my brain failed me, simply because of everything I typed up before it. Sorry.
---

Have I mentioned how much I hate GameFAQs' arbitrarily low character limit?
---
My shortened name is MM.
#6MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:51:26 AM
digitalwill2000 posted...
You're aware GoO and GoS come before GoW2 right?

*sees this is the PSASBR board and NOT a GoW board*

http://tinyurl.com/DISGAI11
---
My shortened name is MM.
#7digitalwill2000Posted 3/13/2013 1:54:56 AM
No its not ok!! You get to play all the games in succession and you're doing it wrong!! Actually theyre all essentially the same game...

Anyway level 1 super is nice, so instesd of attacks like kratos, kat and sly (etc.) where the area immediatly infront of them is a hazard zone, Virgil would move backwards and the ground he covered is essentially a hazard zone of an extended period of time. Tricky but stylish
---
#8MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:57:16 AM
digitalwill2000 posted...
No its not ok!! You get to play all the games in succession and you're doing it wrong!! Actually theyre all essentially the same game...

Just, stop. This topic has nothing to do with GoW whatsoever. If you're going to talk about this, take it to the GoW:Ascension topic/board and KEEP it there.
---
My shortened name is MM.
#9digitalwill2000Posted 3/13/2013 2:03:49 AM(edited)
Touchy huh, even after i gave feedback? Not very popular guy ey
dont feel so bad, kratos can wait
---
#10MetroidMewtwo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 2:07:20 AM
Hey, I appreciate the feedback. It's the off-topicness that's the problem.
---
My shortened name is MM.