Isaac/Zeus Patch Notes, Part 1:

#11Pink_a_DinkPosted 3/14/2013 5:40:05 PM
Felloffalot posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
I came.

Where's part 2? .___.

"**Note: This is part 1 (of 2) of the notes--I plan to update this post with the part 2 when I have a chance tomorrow (3/15)"

Yeah I just read that myself, derp sorry. xD

Omfg they practically crippled Drake.

I LOVE YOU SANTA MONICA!
---
PSN: Internoob
http://a.wattpad.net/cover/4556234-256-k903463.jpg ----- Hai.
#12kkTheKiller42Posted 3/14/2013 5:42:11 PM
--- If Fat Princess summons any assists in the air she will land in the Attack Land state instead of the normal land state

So does this mean no more air soldier to level 1 ?
---
http://tinyurl.com/3zfs5vb http://tinyurl.com/br9bdeu
http://tinyurl.com/3kzxnno
#13NDgamer1122Posted 3/14/2013 5:44:09 PM(edited)
Holy balls, they're changing a s*** ton. Not sure if I like this...

Jak
--- Air Forward Square now activates on frame 6, so it no longer drives through opponents
--- Neutral Triangle - Now causes a heavy reaction and gains 20 AP (previously 10.) Has faster start-up (20 frames, previously 28) and increased recovery (18 frames, previously 8)
--- Air and Stand Forward Triangle - Last hit no longer causes Eject Roll and each shot now gains 6 AP (previously 10); In addition, the shots fire faster faster (12 frames apart, down from 15) and travel 2 meters less (down to 9 meters); You can also hold the button down to continue to fire
--- Air and Stand Neutral Circle (Drone) now bounces off of walls and level bounds instead of exploding on contact; Also lasts 1 second longer so that it can fire a total of 21 shots (previously 12) The shots also have an increased lifetime (from 0.225 seconds to 0.3).
--- Air and Stand Forward Circle has increased range (~8 meters) and speed, causes a Mini-Launch Lift reaction, and will gain 20 AP (previously 10)
--- Air and Stand Up Circle has has a reduced start up (25 frames, previously 41) and 2 frames more frames of recovery
--- Down Circle has a reduced hit volume (50% smaller) and no longer hits behind Jak
--- Level 1 Super cost reduced to 125 (previously 150)

So they're completely changing how the Blaster works. You can continuously fire it, but it has less AP gain, and fires a bit faster, but at a reduced range. Maaaan...they didn't have to go and nerf that =/

They nerfed the Wave Concussor too much. It's now half as large! Dammit...

Oh thank christ, they actually listened and reduced the cost of his level 1. 125 AP, good enough for me.

So, decrease the start up of the Mass Inverter, but add a couple more active frames? This better mean it stuns for longer, because what's the point if you can't combo from it?

Gyro Burster buff, neat.

Needle Lazer getting buffed, but what's a mini launch lift? I enjoyed it's poking property, so I'm not sure about this...

Jetboard buff so it won't miss, good.

Arc Wielder was 16 AP, not 10, but okay. Faster start up and higher AP gain sounds good to me.

Freaking, NOTHING for Beam Reflexor? Aw, come on.

I'm worried. This'll definitely change up my playstlye as Jak. They screwed around with a lot of properties, especially his Blaster and Wave Concussor. I'll try to get used to it, but this is a lot to take in.
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#14jhoke13Posted 3/14/2013 5:58:08 PM(edited)
Great Dante changes but I wonder how much this will effect empty canceling.

Edit: it's nice to see some of the changes that I suggested happen but he could still use an arbiter buff. Thinking about it now, the added fames of up+triangle into counter looks like it will only effect the easy version of empty cancel and not the real one.
---
I find dead men rout more easily.
PSN:Element_H13
#15clinttigerPosted 3/14/2013 5:44:36 PM
Finally a reason to use E. Cole lvl 2.
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/mariofilho12/boards
This guy is a kangaroo: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Heroicmedic92/boards
#16ShorydoukenPosted 3/14/2013 5:44:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17LightEcoSagePosted 3/14/2013 5:45:38 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Holy balls, they're changing a s*** ton. Not sure if I like this...

Jak
--- Air Forward Square now activates on frame 6, so it no longer drives through opponents
--- Neutral Triangle - Now causes a heavy reaction and gains 20 AP (previously 10.) Has faster start-up (20 frames, previously 28) and increased recovery (18 frames, previously 8)
--- Air and Stand Forward Triangle - Last hit no longer causes Eject Roll and each shot now gains 6 AP (previously 10); In addition, the shots fire faster faster (12 frames apart, down from 15) and travel 2 meters less (down to 9 meters); You can also hold the button down to continue to fire
--- Air and Stand Neutral Circle (Drone) now bounces off of walls and level bounds instead of exploding on contact; Also lasts 1 second longer so that it can fire a total of 21 shots (previously 12) The shots also have an increased lifetime (from 0.225 seconds to 0.3).
--- Air and Stand Forward Circle has increased range (~8 meters) and speed, causes a Mini-Launch Lift reaction, and will gain 20 AP (previously 10)
--- Air and Stand Up Circle has has a reduced start up (25 frames, previously 41) and 2 frames more frames of recovery
--- Down Circle has a reduced hit volume (50% smaller) and no longer hits behind Jak
--- Level 1 Super cost reduced to 125 (previously 150)

So they're completely changing how the Blaster works. You can continuously fire it, but it has less AP gain, and fires a bit faster, but at a reduced range. Maaaan...they didn't have to go and nerf that =/

They nerfed the Wave Concussor too much. It's now half as large! Dammit...

Oh thank christ, they actually listened and reduced the cost of his level 1. 125 AP, good enough for me.

So, decrease the start up of the Mass Inverter, but add a couple more active frames? This better mean it stuns for longer, because what's the point if you can't combo from it?

Gyro Burster buff, neat.

Needle Lazer getting buffed, but what's a mini launch lift? I enjoyed it's poking property, so I'm not sure about this...

Jetboard buff so it won't miss, good.

Arc Wielder was 16 AP, not 10, but okay. Faster start up and higher AP gain sounds good to me.

Freaking, NOTHING for Beam Reflexor? Aw, come on.

I'm worried. This'll definitely change up my playstlye as Jak. They screwed around with a lot of properties, especially his Blaster and Wave Concussor. I'll try to get used to it, but this is a lot to take in.

Im done with the game. WC nerfed is absurd. It doesn't hit from behind anymore. Thats the point of the gun. 260 radius like the Dark bomb.!
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#18squirrel_boyPosted 3/14/2013 5:46:12 PM
Is it just me or did they buff evil cole?
#19Felloffalot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:47:33 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

Im done with the game. WC nerfed is absurd. It doesn't hit from behind anymore. Thats the point of the gun. 260 radius like the Dark bomb.!

Nerfing the Wave Concussor is a good opening to being able to buff the rest of Jak, though. As it currently stands, the Wave Concussor and Blaster are the only two good things about him; by nerfing those, they're not risking making him overpowered by buffing other parts of him.
#20Pink_a_DinkPosted 3/14/2013 5:49:43 PM
Felloffalot posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Nerfing the Wave Concussor is a good opening to being able to buff the rest of Jak, though. As it currently stands, the Wave Concussor and Blaster are the only two good things about him; by nerfing those, they're not risking making him overpowered by buffing other parts of him.

Plus, that move was broken and abused like crazy. Its good that they nerfed it.
---
PSN: Internoob
http://a.wattpad.net/cover/4556234-256-k903463.jpg ----- Hai.