They made Jak worse.

#11ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/14/2013 7:16:38 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Ok. Damn that sucks. The knockback is what made it so useful. It wasn't like it was so hard to dodge.

What was their reason behind this?

Maybe they saw too many Jaks using these moves over and over. Maybe they found Jak to be OP with the buffs, so they had to nerf something to balance his AP gain out. I don't know their reasoning, but in time, we'll see if Jak is truly balanced.

Actually. the way they worded it says otherwise. you can hold the cutton for continuous fire. Just hold it to keep firing.
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#12blazin640Posted 3/14/2013 7:17:41 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Ok. Damn that sucks. The knockback is what made it so useful. It wasn't like it was so hard to dodge.

Maybe they saw too many Jaks using these moves over and over. Maybe they found Jak to be OP with the buffs, so they had to nerf something to balance his AP gain out. I don't know their reasoning, but in time, we'll see if Jak is truly balanced.

I guess that makes sense. Lets just hope its for the better. I'll think I'll manage though.

If not, I don't really see any other character I want. No one else has a similar playstyle to Jak.
---
If you see this sig right under your quote, expect hell.
#13blazin640Posted 3/14/2013 7:18:49 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...

Actually. the way they worded it says otherwise. you can hold the cutton for continuous fire. Just hold it to keep firing.

so it is like Dante's pistols? Just a little flinch for every shot?
---
#14JammerzWPosted 3/14/2013 7:20:04 PM
The forward triangle was a pain when you got stuck in it continuously - but every Jak player will admit the 30 AP gained from it was great. Feels bad knowing that tool is now nearly halved in AP gain. I wonder if you can f1 cancel at close range to extend the combo or something? Can wait to try out the buffs though.
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#15ChimcharwhoohooPosted 3/14/2013 7:20:53 PM
blazin640 posted...
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...

so it is like Dante's pistols? Just a little flinch for every shot?

Not sure. It is possible
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Official Crash Bandicoot/Hades of the PSASBR Board.
#16blazin640Posted 3/14/2013 7:22:35 PM
JammerzW posted...
The forward triangle was a pain when you got stuck in it continuously - but every Jak player will admit the 30 AP gained from it was great. Feels bad knowing that tool is now nearly halved in AP gain. I wonder if you can f1 cancel at close range to extend the combo or something? Can wait to try out the buffs though.

i'm wondering that as well. How long of a cool down for when you are done firing. You could make some nice combos if the cool down is short enough. Otherwise there isn't any point.
---
#17DB-RBPosted 3/14/2013 7:24:53 PM
So there are no changes to the lazer needles, his wave concussor is now probably going to be the new Jak spamming move of this upcoming patch, his circle was thankfully buffed to be the way I asked it to be in my topic from earlier today, and his down triangle and mass inverter not buffed either -_-

At least it takes less time to get his level 1...

OK I AM NOT THAT UPSET ABOUT HIS DOWN CIRCLE BUT WHY NERF HIS FORWARD TRIANGLE WHEN IT ONLY GAVE HIM 30 AP TO BEGIN WITH???

IF THEY DID THAT TO JAK, THAT MEANS FOR SURE THAT SLY AND RATCHET WERE NERFED TO THE EXTREME AS WELL. SERIOUSLY, RATCHET's GAVE 40 AP!!!

Ok, I am calm now.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and Persona 3: FES
#18AndKevinBaconPosted 3/14/2013 7:26:37 PM
Charizard18 posted...
AndKevinBacon posted...

**** this game
#19DB-RBPosted 3/14/2013 7:28:55 PM
never mind I'm an idiot. His mass inverter and lazer needles were buffed.

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!

Ok, now I don't care at all that his down circle was nerfed. Especially when his air down circle was not nerfed.

His side triangle... still mad at that.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and Persona 3: FES
#20JammerzWPosted 3/14/2013 7:28:55 PM
blazin640 posted...
JammerzW posted...

i'm wondering that as well. How long of a cool down for when you are done firing. You could make some nice combos if the cool down is short enough. Otherwise there isn't any point.

Yeah, fingers crossed.

Air d3--->s2s2s2--->f1--->n1

We're talking 73 AP here! hahaha
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over