Do you feel the Dante buffs are enough?

#1mariofilho12Posted 3/14/2013 8:02:17 PM
So, according to the first wave of patch notes, Dante is getting some pretty significant buffs

Dante
--- Dante can change his facing direction between attacks during his Square and Forward Square Combo
--- Up Square is now jump-cancellable on both active frames
--- Air Neutral Square hit volumes adjusted to combo more consistently against short characters
--- Down Square (Helm Breaker) generates 20 AP now (previously 10)
--- Up Triangle has 2 more frames before Dante can cancel into the Counter (Neutral Circle)
--- Neutral Circle (Counter) has reduced active time (25 frames, down from 30) and increased recovery by 5
--- Level 1 Super cost reduced to 125 (previously 150)
--- Level 2 Super cost reduced to 325 (previously 400)

Since the game also seems to be under a major overhaul (Less focus on air camping), it seems that Dante may finally place well in 1v1 and 2v2(To a lesser extent) tier lists.

Do you guys think these buffs are enough? I mean, even though he can switch direction, his attacks are probably still highly punishable on block/whiff, although the AP reduction on his supers and bigger focus on the ground game in this patch may mean he could be doing fairly well against the characters that are used to air camp and will now have to fight on Dante's terms
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#2NDgamer1122Posted 3/14/2013 8:05:15 PM
I fear he may become OP. They gave him A LOT of buffs, and zero nerfs.

Also, I'm gonna hate him when he's above me now. The helm breaker spam was already bad enough, and now he gets 20 AP from it.
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#3DrunkenMegamanPosted 3/14/2013 8:06:50 PM
Sounds awesome. He needed an extra edge anyways. Plus it's nice to see that they're changing more than just AP gain in this buff.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/65649719
#4DB-RBPosted 3/14/2013 8:07:00 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

Also, I'm gonna hate him when he's above me now. The helm breaker spam was already bad enough, and now he gets 20 AP from it.

they nerfed the up triangle -> circle ap burst spam that players tended to do. Was a LOT easier to spam than the empty cancel as well.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and Persona 3: FES
#5Thunder097Posted 3/14/2013 8:07:43 PM
This patch might make me come back
---
My name is Thunder. Thunder the Demon Hunter.
#6JayXZPosted 3/14/2013 9:54:51 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

No more KC for dante though. Now he has 0. That's a pretty signifigant nerf.
#7JayXZPosted 3/14/2013 9:55:17 PM
JayXZ posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...

No more KC for dante though. Now he has 0. That's a pretty signifigant nerf.

If the extra landing frames b4 super takes his KC away, that is.
#8TheNardDogPosted 3/14/2013 9:59:08 PM
"You know that combo character (character who does combos for you) Dante? Yeah, well we already made him top tier to suck off his precious third party developers, but we'll give him more buffs. Jak, go f*ck yourself."

He didn't need all these. He's easy as hell to win with. Anyone who denies this must suck.
---
Robbit most want for PS All-Stars Battle Royale/ Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#9blazin640Posted 3/14/2013 10:00:43 PM
TheNardDog posted...
"You know that combo character (character who does combos for you) Dante? Yeah, well we already made him top tier to suck off his precious third party developers, but we'll give him more buffs. Jak, go f*ck yourself."

He didn't need all these. He's easy as hell to win with. Anyone who denies this must suck.

He isn't easy as hell to win with lol. Plus the fact that his empty cancel may be gone? Yeah he needs these buffs.
---
If you see this sig right under your quote, expect hell.
#10TheNardDogPosted 3/14/2013 10:03:08 PM
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...

He isn't easy as hell to win with lol. Plus the fact that his empty cancel may be gone? Yeah he needs these buffs.

Naw, here's me playing as him. "Better do this complicated combo! *mash buttons* *over 100 AP*"
Here's me playing Jak, in practice mode. "Time to do this complicated combo *play for 25 minutes* *do combo* *50 AP*"
Then his empty cancel? Is that when he's swinging and can't stop or what?
---
Robbit most want for PS All-Stars Battle Royale/ Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.