Do you feel the Dante buffs are enough?

#11blazin640Posted 3/14/2013 9:06:48 PM
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
"You know that combo character (character who does combos for you) Dante? Yeah, well we already made him top tier to suck off his precious third party developers, but we'll give him more buffs. Jak, go f*ck yourself."

He didn't need all these. He's easy as hell to win with. Anyone who denies this must suck.

He isn't easy as hell to win with lol. Plus the fact that his empty cancel may be gone? Yeah he needs these buffs.

Naw, here's me playing as him. "Better do this complicated combo! *mash buttons* *over 100 AP*"
Here's me playing Jak, in practice mode. "Time to do this complicated combo *play for 25 minutes* *do combo* *50 AP*"
Then his empty cancel? Is that when he's swinging and can't stop or what?

you haven't played as dante have you? Kratos is mashing buttons, Dante isn't. He has no range so against zoners he is garbage. Jak at least has range and can get in close.

You don't know what his empty cancel is? Its that loop he does where he can either kill you with it or keep pressing square. Without it, its pretty hard to get by as dante (another reason why he isn't a button mashing character).
---
If you see this sig right under your quote, expect hell.
#12TheNardDogPosted 3/14/2013 9:12:57 PM
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...
"You know that combo character (character who does combos for you) Dante? Yeah, well we already made him top tier to suck off his precious third party developers, but we'll give him more buffs. Jak, go f*ck yourself."

He didn't need all these. He's easy as hell to win with. Anyone who denies this must suck.

He isn't easy as hell to win with lol. Plus the fact that his empty cancel may be gone? Yeah he needs these buffs.

Naw, here's me playing as him. "Better do this complicated combo! *mash buttons* *over 100 AP*"
Here's me playing Jak, in practice mode. "Time to do this complicated combo *play for 25 minutes* *do combo* *50 AP*"

you haven't played as dante have you? Kratos is mashing buttons, Dante isn't. He has no range so against zoners he is garbage. Jak at least has range and can get in close.

You don't know what his empty cancel is? Its that loop he does where he can either kill you with it or keep pressing square. Without it, its pretty hard to get by as dante (another reason why he isn't a button mashing character).

His combos are harder than Kratos', but still pretty easy. I have played as him. So what, he can combo into level 1s? Jak can't do that. He's still better than Jak. Jak's only real range weapon that gives more than 3 or 4 AP is his combustor, which only works flat on ground and isn't too fast. if you can jump, you can beat it. He can't run with it.
---
Robbit most want for PS All-Stars Battle Royale/ Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#13holysquidPosted 3/14/2013 11:25:34 PM
TheNardDog posted...

lmao no.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#14SelitePosted 3/15/2013 12:08:13 AM
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...

How long has it been since you last played/took an interest in PSABR (online)?
---
Random Video Game Vids. Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#15blazin640Posted 3/15/2013 12:13:52 AM
Selite posted...
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...

How long has it been since you last played/took an interest in PSABR (online)?

I laughed really hard. Nice job Selite. You've outdone yourself.
---
If you see this sig right under your quote, expect hell.
#16LaKizzle23Posted 3/15/2013 12:19:28 AM
Dante now has the ability to switch directions for his ground combos and a new jump cancel, which will add new combo possibilities and a possible escape option for whiffed ground combos.

And Dante's empty cancel is still possible, but it might not be able to be used as a kill confirm due to the new 12 frame rule.

If Dante can't confirm off of his empty cancel anymore, then it's a nerf. A MAJOR nerf since he will have no reliable confirm into his lvl 1. Which will make him have to rely on his lvl 2 and his 2-kill max lvl 3. Which will make him garbage in my eyes.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (Self Acclaimed Best Ever) , Good Cole (Rusty)
#17PrismsbladePosted 3/15/2013 3:22:45 AM
TheNardDog posted...
blazin640 posted...
TheNardDog posted...

You dont face decent players often do you? Particularly the ones who know how both to air camp, and zone.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#18St0ve1Posted 3/15/2013 3:26:31 AM
he sounds pretty OP, he was fine before.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board