I take it I missed some news...

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 3/15/2013 12:57:40 AM
Been playing this game online with some friends and Smash Bros, I keep seeing topics about patches. I saw the character patch one but where's the one saying stuff about taking out hit confirms? Any links? Also if this is true, this game might get quite a bit more fun, there didn't seem to be too many changes from Good Cole except for what I've been hearing that his absurdly complicated loop combo was taken out.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2holysquidPosted 3/15/2013 1:02:09 AM
Yeah dude, you missed a CRAP ton.

Seth Killian himself posted one half of the upcoming patch notes: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-Notes-on-3-19-13-Balance/td-p/39878989
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#3SelitePosted 3/15/2013 1:08:21 AM
You're going to have to go through and revise all your created movesets to match the patch too :P
---
Random Video Game Vids. Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#4Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:17:13 AM
Selite posted...
You're going to have to go through and revise all your created movesets to match the patch too :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ah well I was gonna edit em for the compilation topic anyway xD Good thing I already tried to avoid giving them any hit confirms! Woo!
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#5Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:21:22 AM
Where's the stuff about hit confirms exactly? I haven't seen anything on it, though it's nice Big Daddy and Dante are getting some buffs, and I did an evil laugh loud enough that I woke up my friend at the nerfs to Drake. TAKE THAT YA FRIGGIN BARREL JOCKEY.
---
#6holysquidPosted 3/15/2013 1:23:43 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Where's the stuff about hit confirms exactly? I haven't seen anything on it, though it's nice Big Daddy and Dante are getting some buffs, and I did an evil laugh loud enough that I woke up my friend at the nerfs to Drake. TAKE THAT YA FRIGGIN BARREL JOCKEY.

They increased the landing frames after an attack, which is what a lot of hit confirms rely upon.
---
#7Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:27:12 AM
holysquid posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

They increased the landing frames after an attack, which is what a lot of hit confirms rely upon.

Aaah. Well woo for me for not using those (though I'll admit I won't hesitate to use the freeze missile to level 1 if an opponent happens to start frustrating me >.>). And while we're at this- Anyone have any ideas for my Mewtwo moveset? I have his Level 1, Level 2, Square moves, Neutral Circle, and Up circle set. Having trouble figuring out triangle since I have the majority of his square attacks involving his psychic abilities (I suppose he could be seen as a mix of a grappler and a zoner with what I have in mind.)
---
#8holysquidPosted 3/15/2013 1:29:42 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
holysquid posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

Aaah. Well woo for me for not using those (though I'll admit I won't hesitate to use the freeze missile to level 1 if an opponent happens to start frustrating me >.>). And while we're at this- Anyone have any ideas for my Mewtwo moveset? I have his Level 1, Level 2, Square moves, Neutral Circle, and Up circle set. Having trouble figuring out triangle since I have the majority of his square attacks involving his psychic abilities (I suppose he could be seen as a mix of a grappler and a zoner with what I have in mind.)

Look at his moveset for Generation V, should give you all the info you need.

For the record, his moveset should only be consisted of in-game Pokemon moves.
---
#9SelitePosted 3/15/2013 1:30:19 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
holysquid posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

His level 3 should be picking up a large herd of Tauros and rapidly throwing at/beating the opponents with them.
---
Random Video Game Vids. Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#10Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:09:50 AM(edited)
Selite posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
holysquid posted...
Dsurions_Wrath posted...

His level 3 should be picking up a large herd of Tauros and rapidly throwing at/beating the opponents with them.

Ha. And holy, that's actually what I've been doing lol. His square is more or less flinging them up and down with psychic abilities, his shadow ball is closer to the movie counterpart than smash bros's (goes in a straight line, incredibly explosive). I've considered his level 3 being the whole bubble he brought up in the first movie when fighting Mew.

Edit- realized ya meant from the games. I've been doing a mix, after looking through the moves was going to use Psych Up, Barrier, Confusion, Hidden Power, and Psystrike. I really liked the first movie though so I feel it's only fair that it got some repping (since it's what made him be able to use Shadow Ball in the first place and made it so iconic to him from what I remember)

Also I think I've figured out some endings and intros for each of my characters. Even have some ideas for having their rivalries tie into their endings (for example since Boss and Mewtwo are rivals, I had an idea of both of them involving something with cloning, if it's Mewtwo's ending he's showing with an army of clone troopers at his beck and call he made from the DNA of Boss and his squad, if it's Boss's it shows them in Kamino talking about how the Kaminoans found the specimen they retrieved intriguing and shows A LOT of cloning vats filled with Mewtwo clones.)
---