How Likely is SSM to keep the super only system..?

#1Nomorice4UPosted 3/18/2013 12:51:12 AM
..For next installments, if there will be one? I mean no matter how we look at it, super only is terrible. I just can't help but wonder how much more complex the game would be with a better means for earning wins.
#2flame030191Posted 3/18/2013 1:01:35 AM
This is sad...

I left this board 3 months ago. New patches have rolled out, the second batch of DLC is coming out Tuesday, and ive yet to abandon this game. However, the board remains stagnant on every character is OP and that the game is too simple.

Either like it or dont, but do we really need 5 months of the same topics?
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#3LightEcoSagePosted 3/18/2013 1:46:26 AM
SSM is not doing the sequel for this game. Games like this aren't their type to work on. They were given this game just for DLC support. They don't have the skills or talent to make a sequel for this game. It's not their job just because they were given this game after the former Dev's finished it.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#4streetfighter76Posted 3/18/2013 2:15:39 AM
This game caused a LOT of disappointment among SSBB fans who wanted a similar gaming experience in the ps3, so obviously it's doomed to be considered as a poor man's Brawl, with its restrictive and repetitive gameplay mechanics.

If they ever come up with a sequel I say they merely need to make a carbon copy of Brawl and that's it, you have a winning formula right there.
At its state it's simply not in the same league as the game they got their inspiration from and it's truly a shame that Sony couldn't handle this project in a much more efficient way...
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 3/18/2013 2:17:41 AM
What do we even need sequels for? Just keep adding characters and stages to this game. Its not inferior like Nintendo where they can't update games and have to release separate games to add a few extra content in.
---
PSN: Internoob
http://a.wattpad.net/cover/4556234-256-k903463.jpg ----- Hai.
#6SelitePosted 3/18/2013 2:24:25 AM
Why don't you ask them?
---
Random Video Game Vids. Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#7Lucarioaura22Posted 3/18/2013 2:25:24 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
What do we even need sequels for? Just keep adding characters and stages to this game. Its not inferior like Nintendo where they can't update games and have to release separate games to add a few extra content in.

Well it also comes to a point where they probably feel the game was worked on enough and it's time to start fresh to open up the possibility to make more money and to have the name of the game reintroduced. Most of the time if a game plans to have more characters, new mechanics and stages included along with a few changes to some moves, you might as well hold off on those plans and release it all at once and make a new game off of it.
---
We do what we must.................
#8T_l_M_B_0Posted 3/18/2013 2:28:48 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
SSM is not doing the sequel for this game. Games like this aren't their type to work on. They were given this game just for DLC support. They don't have the skills or talent to make a sequel for this game. It's not their job just because they were given this game after the former Dev's finished it.

Loldelusion
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#9LightEcoSagePosted 3/18/2013 2:34:15 AM(edited)
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Loldelusion

Whats up T_I_M_T_R_O_L_L?
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y
#10Lucarioaura22Posted 3/18/2013 2:34:39 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Loldelusion

Whats up T.I.M.T.R.O.L.L?

lol @ the edit.
---
We do what we must.................