Sackboy is still not that bad of a character.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 3/19/2013 9:53:02 AM
Srsly. People are overeacting.

How many characters can you name in the game that have extremely viable level 1s, 2s AND 3s?
And they reduced the cost of his level 1 and 2.

Also, his level 3 is the only level 3 in the game that can potentially guarantee 3 kills in a 3 stock match.

They increased bubble speed by 50% but considering how ridiculously slow the bubbles were in the first place.....50% seriously isn't a lot. It will be slightly harder but Sackboy should still be able to get 3 kils with it. Again this is something no one else can do. Consider that for a moment.
#2Heroicmedic92Posted 3/19/2013 9:54:34 AM
Mr. Crashbfan told me his moveset sucks now.
---
PSN: Heroicmoises, alt: ImNotHeroicM
Looking for new main when tuesday hits. Maybe.
#3BlavkBallz3Posted 3/19/2013 9:55:16 AM
Agreed if they go too high in a bubble bouncepad-> up square and level 2 is pretty good
#4CrabhammarPosted 3/19/2013 9:55:27 AM
>viable Level 1
>Sackboy w/ no HCs

huh?
---
assets18.pokemon.com/assets/cms/img/video-games/pokemonxy/characters/pokemonxy_froakie.jpg
#5kingtracePosted 3/19/2013 9:56:32 AM
Well, Nariko can actually 3 stock in 3 stock with her circle glitch, but that's being patched.
---
Talking about users: ToS Violation
Talking about Smash, inFAMOUS, feminism, and hacking: A-OK
#6blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:00:40 AM(edited)
Crabhammar posted...
>viable Level 1
>Sackboy w/ no HCs

huh?

He still has the electric pad. It takes longer to come out but the endlag is the same.

Also why is no one mentioning this?

Forward Triangle - You can now roll and jump cancel during the charge portion of this attack; This move’s frame advantage has also been increased +5 on hit

That's pretty significant. More frame advantage on hit means a bigger window to followup with moves afterwords. And you can roll and jump cancel it like most charge moves now.
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:03:14 AM
I"m guessing most people jumped on the Sackboy is garbage bandwagon without actually reading the notes properly or at all.

Here's something else that was improved:

Neutral Triangle (Jam Session) has start-up reduced to 40 frames (previously 57)
#8redskinsrock26Posted 3/19/2013 10:03:36 AM
Except his level 1 will not be extremely viable post patch, hell its not even one of the more viable level 1s pre patch and now chances are he won't have any reliable confirms. His level 2 is pretty situational if you want more than 1 kill and his moveset sucks now. His level 3, which is his best super BY FAR (still probably is his best option) is getting hit pretty hard too. Hes not horrible but hes been way overnerfed at this point. I don't think anyone is overreacting and I don't even play Sackboy at all anymore. That being said crying about it and making a petition will do literally nothing.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#9blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:06:48 AM(edited)
I'm talking about his viability in 1vs1 and doubles.

I could not care less what happens in lol ranked timed FFAs.

And yes I acknowledge his level 1 kill confirm potential has been nerfed but this has happened to everyone thanks to the new mechanics. So that's not exactly something Sackboy's should be complaining about .
#10ArmedDragoonPosted 3/19/2013 10:08:14 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
I"m guessing most people jumped on the Sackboy is garbage bandwagon without actually reading the notes properly or at all.

Here's something else that was improved:

Neutral Triangle (Jam Session) has start-up reduced to 40 frames (previously 57)

Oh wonderful, the jam move nobody uses with horrendous start-up has slightly less (but still horrendous) start-up, clearly this is the catalyst to the great return of Sackboy.

His cake no longer has any strategic value now that it disappears on landing and his traps got shafted, it's like SM wants people to resort to spammy Sackboy with these changes.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.