Sackboy is still not that bad of a character.

#11blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:09:35 AM
ArmedDragoon posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
I"m guessing most people jumped on the Sackboy is garbage bandwagon without actually reading the notes properly or at all.

Here's something else that was improved:

Neutral Triangle (Jam Session) has start-up reduced to 40 frames (previously 57)

Oh wonderful, the jam move nobody uses with horrendous start-up has slightly less (but still horrendous) start-up, clearly this is the catalyst to the great return of Sackboy.

His cake no longer has any strategic value now that it disappears on landing and his traps got shafted, it's like SM wants people to resort to spammy Sackboy with these changes.

Yeah nobody ever uses Sackboy's jam move...except the Sackboys that place highest with him in stacked online tournaments.
#12blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:11:56 AM
Oh and his cake disappears after 5 seconds, not instantly. And in fighting game terms, 5 seconds is a long time.
#13dooms14Posted 3/19/2013 10:25:28 AM
"Lv3 ppl move faster", its called setting up a teleport so you dont have to travel as much.

People are just gonna have to find things better than cupcake and shockpad over and over.
#14blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:42:03 AM
dooms14 posted...
"Lv3 ppl move faster", its called setting up a teleport so you dont have to travel as much.

People are just gonna have to find things better than cupcake and shockpad over and over.

At an only 50% increase (again the bubbles are super slow to begin with) you probably won't even need to set anything up. But it could certainly help for bigger stages.
#15psnjeffjeff9996Posted 3/19/2013 10:49:05 AM(edited)
Honestly the only thing that I think really pinned the nail in the coffin was his down O being reflectable/absorbable and it having more start up/not trading with hits anymore.

There's like not really much point to using it anymore to be honest.

What made it special was that it was his best bet at dealing with characters who can easily reflect projectiles and absorb them.

I dare anyone Sackboy post patch to beat Heroicmedic's sly.
Or perhaps the best Sir Daniel in this board.

You'll have a really hard time I guarantee you.

I will forever regard you as the king of sackboys if you beat Heroicmedic's sly.
---
psn:jeffjeff9996