Dante = top tier

#1JgphoenixPosted 3/19/2013 12:02:05 PM
i just tried him and he still has his empty cancel to lv 1 hit confirm. so we have a safer character, supers cost less and he can hit confirm. goodbye drake, hello Dante. As a dante player I hope gets nerfed soon.
#2PegetaPosted 3/19/2013 12:03:05 PM
no noooooooooooooo, dammit I don't want a legion of Dante's and Kat's. This game is going to suck
#3Saint_VegasPosted 3/19/2013 12:04:01 PM
You miss that barrel already? ;D
---
Currently playing: SSX, PS Battle Royale, Battlefield 3
#4NDgamer1122Posted 3/19/2013 12:04:21 PM
....son of a-

What did this patch even fix? Just about nothing. We're still gonna have all the same top tier hit confirming to level 1 players. Least some of the buffs to other characters will help give them a chance, but come the f*** on!
---
Every patch for PlayStation All-Stars seems to fix one thing and break another.
It's like fixing the windshield of a car, and then the tires pop off.
#5blaze19_0XPosted 3/19/2013 12:10:04 PM(edited)
NDgamer1122 posted...
....son of a-

What did this patch even fix? Just about nothing. We're still gonna have all the same top tier hit confirming to level 1 players. Least some of the buffs to other characters will help give them a chance, but come the f*** on!

1. Dante won't be top tier. Trust me. These changes are not enough to get him anywhere near the level of Kat.

2. Empty cancels are not something the average player can do. No matter how overpowered they were, you'll never see the majority of Dante's online do them.
#6RauzarakuPosted 3/19/2013 12:12:27 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...
....son of a-

1. Dante won't be top tier. Trust me. These changes are not enough to get him anywhere near the level of Kat.

2. Empty cancels are not something the average player can do. Not matter how overpowered they were, you'll never see the majority of Dante's online do them.

I really think everybody is just playing whiney ***** when it comes to Kat. I really don't think she's bad, she just performs well against some of the more common top picks.

Not everybody can infinite combo with Magneto, does that mean we shouldn't count it in his power level? I've played against Dantes that are absurd. 188 AP combo, then 103 AP into a hit confirm. Does it happen often? Not at all. But when it does, there's nothing you can do to stop it.
#7blaze19_0XPosted 3/19/2013 12:17:02 PM(edited)
Rauzaraku posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...
....son of a-

2. Empty cancels are not something the average player can do. Not matter how overpowered they were, you'll never see the majority of Dante's online do them.

I really think everybody is just playing whiney ***** when it comes to Kat. I really don't think she's bad, she just performs well against some of the more common top picks.

Not everybody can infinite combo with Magneto, does that mean we shouldn't count it in his power level? I've played against Dantes that are absurd. 188 AP combo, then 103 AP into a hit confirm. Does it happen often? Not at all. But when it does, there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Nothing you can do to stop it?
Kat isn't overpowered?

Lol, you clearly don't understand high level play at all.

Considering I've regularly beaten the best performing Dante in tournaments (and yes he can empty cancel) I think I know what I'm talking about.

Even WITH empty cancels, Dante was still low tier.
#8Jgphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 12:18:35 PM
he may have been low tier because his innabity to turn around mid-combo but that's was given to him.
#9J_Dawg_Posted 3/19/2013 12:19:20 PM
Dante is SSSlow
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Kat
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 3/19/2013 12:39:04 PM
SSSadistic!