Post patch Jak impressions

#41Doom_JPosted 3/20/2013 5:11:16 AM
LightEcoSage posted...
Doom_J posted...
Lol you are so wrong about almost all of this...

<highlight>His needle laser may not home as good.</highlight>, but it EASILY sets up combos from the right distances. His Mass inverter? Those supposed extra recovery frames don't hurt him at all..

<highlight>I do agree about him being way more stiff.</highlight> .

Now you are wrong on somethings as well. The Needle Lazer before patch actually had more combo potential. The extra frames on the Mass Inverter are there and does effect Jak, but you are still able to use certain moves after use. Also the Mass Inverter before the patch? You was able to do the Jetboard combo off of it.

Blah blah I love Jak
How much do these so called Jak's really know about Jak, because with what I just listed those were more nerfs then buffs?

Well as far as the arc wielder goes, lol I didn't say anything about that being better. Yes the recovery is horrible, and the move is now useless, but I never said one positive thing abut it to begin with,at least after actually having had tried it, so don't try to stack on me with that bull.

As for the needle lazer, you are right about not tracking good at all (in fact I SAID that the tracking is worse), and it got rid of 2 hit-confirms actually, plus it's a slight bit less safe and along with the arc wielder is useless to short hop, but I stand by what I said that it has it's new functions. Maybe you should go practice with it a little more and see it's new potential.

Mass inverter wise, the timing is WAY less strict to do anything after it, I'm not quite sure why youd think it's worse when you can easily set up 90 ap combos + easy ap bursts with walls with it and good timing. Yea, you may have been occasionally able to set up the dashboard punch, but for the most part, and being so impractical to actually use IN GAME what was the point?

Anyway man at this point I really dgaf. talk all the chit you want, cuz I'm done bein worried about high lvl play and Jak tech and all the bull. Im just play for fun, cuz I really don't have the patience or energy to care that much at this point. Too much bad s*** goin on around me to give that much of f*** about video games like that.
#42d1v4dPosted 3/24/2013 1:09:08 AM
I told many people that their Wave Concussor spam would make "them" nerf Jak. After all the responses I got saying I was wrong, I was right. It was impossible to ignore it. I've only met one skilled Jak player. All the others would just spam the living hell out of his WC. You cheap Jak players did this to yourselves.
#43LightEcoSagePosted 3/24/2013 1:59:09 AM(edited)
Doom_J posted...

Well as far as the arc wielder goes, lol I didn't say anything about that being better. Yes the recovery is horrible, and the move is now useless, but I never said one positive thing abut it to begin with,at least after actually having had tried it, so don't try to stack on me with that bull.

As for the needle lazer, you are right about not tracking good at all (in fact I SAID that the tracking is worse), and it got rid of 2 hit-confirms actually, plus it's a slight bit less safe and along with the arc wielder is useless to short hop, but I stand by what I said that it has it's new functions. Maybe you should go practice with it a little more and see it's new potential.

Mass inverter wise, the timing is WAY less strict to do anything after it, I'm not quite sure why youd think it's worse when you can easily set up 90 ap combos + easy ap bursts with walls with it and good timing. Yea, you may have been occasionally able to set up the dashboard punch, but for the most part, and being so impractical to actually use IN GAME what was the point?

Anyway man at this point I really dgaf. talk all the chit you want, cuz I'm done bein worried about high lvl play and Jak tech and all the bull. Im just play for fun, cuz I really don't have the patience or energy to care that much at this point. Too much bad s*** goin on around me to give that much of f*** about video games like that.

Wow for you to have really thought all of that was for you shows how you didn't think this through at all. I divided it up in paragraphs for a reason, but for some reason you didn't realize that. So since you decided to reply to things that weren't aimed at you now I have to counter.

The Needle Lazer isn't completely useless, but it is inferior to the old Needle Lazer. I already listed all possible points so there is no need to repeat myself. However you said it's a slight bit unsafe. More like a lot not safe because of multiple aspects like how the needles no longer hit behind Jak, the angles of the needle going above and below people (was another nerf) has been altered to a point where the whole purpose of the gun has to be used in a completely new way. The gun use to be used as a counter for anyone coming at you from all directions within a short to medium range, but now it's best used as interrupting a person in FFA's and using it from a distance to be safe because of the bad recovery & tracking. However people live dante can get through that with dodging and punish Jak everytime no matter how smart or tricky you try to use the gun. Overall the gun is not effective like it use to be.

Never said the Mass Inverter was worst so don't know where you got that from. And no you cannot set up easy AP burst and combo's. The start up maybe faster, but not fast enough to just use in the open like it's a regular attack. It's best for awakenings or people off guard. Even so the opponent has to be a certain distance between the wall and etc to pull of the combo, which is not that easy with Jak's stiffness and other problems. I pull it off from time to time but it is not easy, especially against fast and skilled players.

Then you say I was talking chit? Are you really this delusional and closeminded? I was listing points with no insults or talking chit. Jak is less viable in 1v1 overall, which a former dev who worked on Jak's changes confirmed by saying, "It's a minor miracle Jak was even viable for 1v1 matches.

Do me a favor and enter a tournament as Jak or play against high level players and tell me how far you get. I'm tired of low experience players giving their opinions like they know what they're fully talking about.

Remember that you got offense and started to be rude first so I just gave you what you dished out. I wasn't even expecting you to be rude anyway.
---
My own personal theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0nWoHG11Y