Dante can now cancel off of blocked attacks

#1mariofilho12Posted 3/19/2013 5:05:53 PM
Try it, go into training mode and set the CPU to always block, you can cancel his [] attacks with Triangle, possibly making them safe

Ok wtf santa monica I thought Dante might finally be good this patch but gosh that was way too much
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#2PyroSparkPosted 3/19/2013 5:07:51 PM
Dammit.

I'd rather have Kratos as top tier than Donte. >_>
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3tripp2300Posted 3/19/2013 5:11:50 PM
NERF HIM!

No really, his specials still suck and anyone who know's what X does can dodge him. Being able to turn around affects a total of one character i play, maybe.
#4mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:15:43 PM
PyroSpark posted...
Dammit.

I'd rather have Kratos as top tier than Donte. >_>

Yeah, I mean gosh. He's not even top tier anymore, he's like at a whole other level, if you guys thought Kat was OP just wait, Dante is right now the most ridiculous character I've seen in any fighting game I've played. He is completely safe on any approach, can get a freaking ToD with 0 AP if he whiffs the first hit in his [][][] Combo (Which is easy now because he can change directions mid attack)

f.1 f.1 s.2 Empty Cancel f.1 f.1 f.1 s.2 Empty Cancel f.1 f.1 f.1 s.2 Empty Cancel f.1 f.1 f.1 s.2
Empty Cancel f.1 f.1 f.1 Empty Cancel Level 1

Seriously, this is so broken that I cannot even imagine what any kind of tournament, god forbid the 1v1 tournaments would look like with such a retardedly broken character.

I reccomend everyone who runs tournaments to ban Dante before this situation is fixed, because even though Dante has been my main since release, this is just absurd
---
#5DHG_SweepPosted 3/19/2013 5:17:47 PM
tripp2300 posted...
NERF HIM!

No really, his specials still suck and anyone who know's what X does can dodge him. Being able to turn around affects a total of one character i play, maybe.

It means his attacks are safe on block now. Making him harder to punish.
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#6mariofilho12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:21:27 PM
tripp2300 posted...
NERF HIM!

I don't think you get it, he can now cancel his attacks into Gunshots and then into Angel Dash/Parry, or even Angel dash into parry, he gets completely safe approaches and even mind games using parry when his [][][] combo is blocked.

It's just completely and utterly broken in every respect, either keep all the Dante Changes and remove his ability to cancel from block, or make him balanced in other aspects so there's a valid reason he should have the safest approaching in the game right now
---
#7tripp2300Posted 3/19/2013 5:23:34 PM
DHG_Sweep posted...
tripp2300 posted...
NERF HIM!

It means his attacks are safe on block now. Making him harder to punish.

Yeah I disagree. Any competent play can still be ok. Of course you may be correct but from what I see, he hasn't turned into the threat this thread would have people believe.
#8Lil-YuriPosted 3/19/2013 5:25:48 PM
If this is true then yes, Dante has theoretically become the safest character in the game.
---
This is how you bold.
PSN: Lil_Yuri
#9PhantomEmperorPosted 3/19/2013 5:30:58 PM
*sigh* idiots during gunshot grab him and he is still not good in the air either and this guy calls himself a dante main.
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:SirDan,Dante,Radec,Zeus,Isaac IGAU:Synestro,Raven UMVC3:Nova,Viper,RR BBCP:Hakumen,Izayoi,Hazama MK9:Ermac KOF:K`SF:Vega UNIB:Seth
#10tripp2300Posted 3/19/2013 5:31:08 PM
mariofilho12 posted...
tripp2300 posted...
NERF HIM!

I don't think you get it, he can now cancel his attacks into Gunshots and then into Angel Dash/Parry, or even Angel dash into parry, he gets completely safe approaches and even mind games using parry when his [][][] combo is blocked.

It's just completely and utterly broken in every respect, either keep all the Dante Changes and remove his ability to cancel from block, or make him balanced in other aspects so there's a valid reason he should have the safest approaching in the game right now

OK, what does he do when the opponent is near a mine? Can't finish a combo. Most characters have these things called guns, so they never have to be near him. I mean yes he has gotten better but in no way will he be vastly superior, when almost every character can out zone him.