Planning on maxing out all characters by the end of this game's life cycle.

#1DreoreSilerePosted 3/19/2013 9:21:27 PM
tl;dr: Spare me the troll comments. Just leave topic if need be, thanks.

(I have a question at the end of this topic.)

Hello, so having bought this game two days ago, I just feel compelled to max out all characters, hopefully by the end of this month.

Why? Well, I have bipolar disorder, no job, and no friends. I live with my parents and commute to college. I could have gone as a resident on a full scholarship to my state flagship, but I really don't know why I passed on that opportunity. That's one reason why I cling to video games as an escape from real life now. I don't have energy to do much else. Well, except when I'm manic, in which case I have (mostly funny) hallucinations that prevent me from doing much else as well.

Anyway, having been in a depressive state for at least two months right now, my time spent playing video games is probably 85% of my waking life. I barely eat. I don't exercise. I lock myself in my room most of the time, except to go to class where I also don't interact with anyone.

And sometimes, I post on forums like GameFAQs, complete with WTFs, IIRCs, FYIs, and whatnot.

Getting to Battle Royale, well, I actually did get a hefty amount of scholarship money, so, making a financially stupid choice, I bought it, and have actually enjoyed it so far. I've started with Drake and have gotten him to level 105.

So my question is, in the process of maxing out all my characters to 999, how should I deal with players who might insult me for "not having a life?" I would rather not respond with a similarly-negatively charged comment. Should I just say "I'm depressed and that's why I maxed out all my characters, because I spend all my time playing video games.?"

But then again, lots of people have depression and other mental illnesses and still have other regular things, like a job, their own house, and friends, so my comment wouldn't make sense, would it? Or maybe people in general just wouldn't understand depression.bipolar disorder and would decry me all the same?

Really conflicted as to what I should do or say here.

Thanks for the replies, or just for reading and thinking. This is actually my first time even going out of my way to share my mental illness with complete strangers on the internet. I'd actually be okay with no replies. Less complicated that way, I guess.
---
I should go.
#2taoxadasaPosted 3/19/2013 9:24:07 PM
Good luck. I've been playing this since launch day every other day more or less, as every character, and I don't even have anyone at 300.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#3lucapitPosted 3/19/2013 9:26:14 PM
Dont waste your life time like that..its ridiculous
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461)... Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#4AssassinHawkinsPosted 3/19/2013 9:34:34 PM
I've been playing this since I picked it up on launch day and I only have 2 people at 999 and just a couple others past 300. I still have maybe 4 that aren't even to 100. Good luck to you if you plan on maxing everybody.

As for what others think, just say you felt like doing it. Or don't even tell them you're maxing everyone.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#5SlyHobbesPosted 3/19/2013 9:47:05 PM
Like man, I try not to judge people by their 'disabilities', but I mean, there's gonna be people judging you, no doubt. Like, if I were you, I wouldn't tell people that like you're maxing out everyone, or like broadcast that you're depressed or anything. ...like, does it really matter what people say? I mean, different things are important to different people. I feel determined to get the platinum for this, and like play all the Sly games once a year or so. Perhaps to some that's ridiculous, I really couldn't care... when I play a game, I don't just play a tiny little bit like my bro does. When I was playing Ace Attorney, I was pretty much playing it most of the time, and when I told my bro I was already on Apollo Justice he went "Oh my god you're obsessed", so like whatever... I kept playing. I'm not one of those people who can just play for like half an hour and leave it for another week and then do the same thing over and over again. I get that "don't you think it's time for a break" type message from the Wii and stuff like 10 times before I quit. I play the 3DS for a long time especially since it's handheld and when I was playing 999 I was playing it at the dinner table and while I was watching TV, like all the time. I love that game so bad. I don't think that you'll be able to max out all the characters by the end of the month... like, one month is quite a challenge let alone like 13 days... like by the time you're nearly done they'll end up releasing more characters, and it may end up as like a never ending cycle, but, like, if you're cool with that... Y'know, just tell people to get stuffed.... should be fine...
#6G-ScythePosted 3/19/2013 9:47:40 PM
lol not sure if serious

if you are serious, the fact that you came to a gaming board to say this is a major cry for help
if you need friends, try finding other socially awkward/depressed people. chances are they are in a similar state and are looking for friends too. you go to college, so there is a high chance that next time you go in the cafeteria you'll find one guy sitting alone in nerdy attire
they might not help you climb up the social ladder, but its good to have people to talk too and you can relate to

if not, good job i lol'd
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#7DreoreSilere(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:53:13 PM
G-Scythe posted...
lol not sure if serious

if you are serious, the fact that you came to a gaming board to say this is a major cry for help
if you need friends, try finding other socially awkward/depressed people. chances are they are in a similar state and are looking for friends too. you go to college, so there is a high chance that next time you go in the cafeteria you'll find one guy sitting alone in nerdy attire
they might not help you climb up the social ladder, but its good to have people to talk too and you can relate to

if not, good job i lol'd

You assume depressed is synonymous with socially awkward. I just don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I'm just biding my time until something happens, not telling what though.

@SlyHobbes, could use some more "like."
---
I should go.
#8SlyHobbesPosted 3/19/2013 9:57:04 PM
DreoreSilere posted...

Whatever man. I'm tired. I never realize how many 'likes' I use until I reread my post and then it seems ridiculous. And sometimes I just add more 'likes' to be funny.
#9G-ScythePosted 3/19/2013 10:18:49 PM
DreoreSilere posted...
G-Scythe posted...
lol not sure if serious

if not, good job i lol'd

You assume depressed is synonymous with socially awkward. I just don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I'm just biding my time until something happens, not telling what though.

it's not synonymous
it's just that a lot of depressed people that have trouble keeping friends are socially awkward due to them not being able/wanting to trust others, making them act reserved. Socially awkward doesn't necessarily mean you act like Urkel. Being a quiet and/or reserved person can fall under this.
chances are you are being reserved, due to "not having the energy to do anything"

i'm assuming things, but that's what people do, it's natural. Like everyone, I base this on things I've seen throughout my life. The "nobody knows what i'm going through" story isn't true for anyone. there are billions of people in the world. there isn't a single person in the world whose personality is completely unique.

maybe I'm wrong and you are actually a very friendly person who goes out and talks to everyone, but if that's the case then finding a friend wouldn't be hard for you

"not telling what" - like we probably can't figure out what that mean, unless you actually are waiting for your rich uncle to pass away leaving you millions that you can use to turn your life around

listen, I don't know what you really came here for. the sob story you posted makes me feel like you are trying to find a release. depression isn't easy to deal with, but doing it alone makes it harder than it has to be.
chances are, in this state, like many other people with depression and mental disorders, you are going to be a little stubborn and argumentive with me but I honestly have other things to deal with on my own
try and find some help, in any way, shape, or form. a gaming forum isn't really going to help. neither is 999 all characters.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#10I_Wanna_CookiePosted 3/19/2013 10:20:54 PM
Just go for it, bro.
---
I'm handsome.