no u losers this isnt a flop

#171KillDozer123Posted 3/21/2013 4:16:52 PM
Arn544 posted...
Wow, never been accused of that before. You know if I had wanted to make another account and quote/agree with my own post that isn't even the post I would've quoted...

It's the truth. ;-) And that's frankly sad that you were FORCED to agree with your own alternate account because you couldn't accept that some people DO like the game.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#172SkyD1ddYPosted 3/21/2013 4:20:30 PM
legendofskyland posted...
freutty2 posted...
SSBB > Playstation All Stars

Playstation All Stars > SSBB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
"It's always a gimmick until sony uses it" squatch22
#173legendofskylandPosted 3/21/2013 4:24:56 PM
SkyD1ddY posted...
legendofskyland posted...
freutty2 posted...
SSBB > Playstation All Stars

Playstation All Stars > SSBB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

http://emotibot.net/pix/3662.gif
#174FurryyifferPosted 3/21/2013 4:27:05 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
The term "flop" is being used very loosely in this topic.

I need to stop visiting this board... It's degrading my brain.

Flop is becoming the new emo, zam. A word thrown around so much by people who dont know what it actually means that it has pretty much lost all meaning at this point. Same with the word fact and fanboy.

And again neither side knows what Sony was expecting so theres no way anything can objectionately say it flopped. Saying those pushing that it did are being "reasonable" and calling other peoples opinions on it "fanboys" just makes people look like massive dicks imo.
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#175FurryyifferPosted 3/21/2013 4:36:04 PM
MrMisanthrope posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Their contract was up, zam. No one was fired or "kicked to the curb". And superbot is still around to my knowledge and on good terms with Sony.

Sorry, dude. Layoff.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/25/report-ps-all-stars-dev-superbot-hit-with-layoffs/

.....you do know that wasnt what was being talked about right, zam? That was before their contract ran out and says right on the page that Superbot did the laying off there. Superbot and Sony stopped working together after that.
---
Forever in my heart.
#176Arn544Posted 3/21/2013 4:57:24 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
Arn544 posted...
Wow, never been accused of that before. You know if I had wanted to make another account and quote/agree with my own post that isn't even the post I would've quoted...

It's the truth. ;-) And that's frankly sad that you were FORCED to agree with your own alternate account because you couldn't accept that some people DO like the game.

Some people liking it doesn't make it a successful game, and don't make accusations when you have no idea what you're talking about.

They ran countless tv ads, internet ads, people even said they were seeing ads for it at the movie theaters. They did not even make their advertising expenses back on this game, this game is a flop.

W h e n.. a ..g a m e .. l o s e s .. t e n s .. o f .. m i l l i o n s ..o f ..d o l l a r s.. i t .. h a s .. f l o p p e d
#177_krat0s_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 5:06:41 PM
did my trolling bring the psas board up to number 1?
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Tomba for PSASBR 7/30/12
Charizard18 iz fail.
#178Killua554Posted 3/21/2013 5:16:13 PM
_krat0s_ posted...
did my trolling bring the psas board up to number 1?

Yeah, you're a "troll".

When PSA came out, you were a blind fanboy, and verbally berated any skeptics.

Now you're just backpedaling, and you look pathetic.

It's obvious that this is a "joke"/bait thread, but people are using it for discussion anyway because they don't give a crap.
#179FurryyifferPosted 3/21/2013 5:52:52 PM
Arn544 posted...
KillDozer123 posted...
Arn544 posted...

Some people liking it doesn't make it a successful game, and don't make accusations when you have no idea what you're talking about.

They ran countless tv ads, internet ads, people even said they were seeing ads for it at the movie theaters. They did not even make their advertising expenses back on this game, this game is a flop.

W h e n.. a ..g a m e .. l o s e s .. t e n s .. o f .. m i l l i o n s ..o f ..d o l l a r s.. i t .. h a s .. f l o p p e d

And Im guessing you have all the appropriate data about how much money was spent and gained on the game, zam?
So what are the exact figures since you seem to work for Sony and know them?
---
Forever in my heart.
#180Arn544Posted 3/21/2013 6:08:32 PM(edited)
Dude do you have any idea how expensive advertising is? 1 commercial is typically 250-400k Do you know how many they ran ads for PS all stars?

*edit* that's up to 10k copies they need to sell per commercial

They even made a commercial using the robot chicken creators, which just to make the commercial would have been half a million dollars then they have to pay royalties each time they run it.